XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

iPhone 6+ Cable Adapter - Solution Needed

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2015, 05:50 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default iPhone 6+ Cable Adapter - Solution Needed

Reposting on the XF thread so XF users don't have to slum with the other Jaguar owners.

Originally Posted by rlentini
I have an iPhone 6+. I tried to find an inexpensive lightning adapter for use in my 2009 Jaguar XF. The iPhone cable from Jaguar has the older (pre iphone 5) 30 pin connector. There are many adapters, but not all adapters are equal.

From the left in my image, the first adapter ($4.75 eBay) has not only the connector for the lightning but also plugs into the headphone jack. Maybe good for some audio peripherals, but the Jaguar did not see it. And it didn't charge. And I had to remove the case to attach it.

The second basic little lightning adapter ($7.48 on Amazon) also requires the case to be removed. This one provided the least physically stable connection to the phone and cable. And also wasn't recognized by the Jaguar and didn't charge.

The third was available in white or black ($8.00 on eBay) and featured a plug for lightning and the earphone jack but separated, so it doesn't require the case to be removed. Unfortunately, also not recognized by Jaguar and didn't charge.

On the far right we have the (Apple Store $39.00!!!!) adapter. This IS recognized by the Jaguar and allows full iPhone music control. It is fast to be recognized and restart music, and works great. BUT.... It still doesn't charge.

So unfortunately, the non-genuine Apple less expensive items are a fail for this application. And the Jaguar fails to charge with any of the cable adapters.

Anyone figured out how to control the iPhone (with lightning connector) AND charge the phone?

Old 10-22-2015, 08:30 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi
not a great solution but it works with every iphone I have had including 4 5S and 6. You need the Music Audio Interface Adapter Cable for JAGUAR XF 2009-2012 Connect to iPhone iPod iPad which may already have come with the car. If not you can get them on Amazon and Ebay. Then plugged into that you need the Scosche passPORT Charging Adapter for iPod and iPhone to plug into the cable. This allows the phone to charg. Then into that you plug a standard Apple 30 pin to lightning connector. With these 3 items the phone will charge and allow control from the steering wheel. Sometimes it is a little quirky starting to play music. If it doesnt work usually unplugging it and reconnecting works or cycling through the radio etc and back to ipod on the car. It will play Apple music on the phone, Pandora, Spotify and works with map directions. I have a 2009 XF Premium with Bowers and Wilkins audio.
Hope that helps.
Roger

The following users liked this post:
rlentini (10-24-2015)
Old 10-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks, Roger. I tested the Scosche passPORT adapter ($22.32 on eBay) with all of the above connectors using my iPhone 6+. The little white one and the big white one would not charge (or control music) even with the Scosche adapter. The black cable would charge, but not control music. And the Apple cable on the right now charges and controls music. Expensive solution, but a solution nonetheless. $61.32 total.

Thanks again.