XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Issue installing Xcarlink SKU153618 - System Ready Error

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2019, 08:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issue installing Xcarlink SKU153618 - System Ready Error

Hi everyone. Just got an XF 3.0 V6 diesel premium luxury a few weeks ago. Absolutley love the car and for the age, it's in mint condition.

It's a 2010 and so of course only does DAB and CDs, which in this day and age is a bit old hat. In order to be able to us Android Auto for my maps and spotify, I decided to install the Xcarlink SKU153618 system, Jaguar XF 2007-2011 Apple CarPlay Android Auto Retrofit Interface Kit :: JAGUAR :: XCarLink

My local car audio place in Bristol, who I've used before, have installed it all, but the system when you connect a phone won't go past a screen which says "system ready" and they've spent hours trying to resolve the issue and Xcarlink don't seem to know a solution either. They installed the same system in an Audi RS4 today and all worked fine but the Jag does require 2 interfaces, rather than 1.

Any one had one of these installed and encountered any issues please? Or know anyone who might be able to help? If we can't get it to work, I'll be stuck with the rubbish system I've got and no way of just putting in a new head unit due to the touch screen!!

Old 11-07-2019, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by martinjp76
Hi everyone. Just got an XF 3.0 V6 diesel premium luxury a few weeks ago. Absolutley love the car and for the age, it's in mint condition.

It's a 2010 and so of course only does DAB and CDs, which in this day and age is a bit old hat. In order to be able to us Android Auto for my maps and spotify, I decided to install the Xcarlink SKU153618 system, Jaguar XF 2007-2011 Apple CarPlay Android Auto Retrofit Interface Kit :: JAGUAR :: XCarLink

My local car audio place in Bristol, who I've used before, have installed it all, but the system when you connect a phone won't go past a screen which says "system ready" and they've spent hours trying to resolve the issue and Xcarlink don't seem to know a solution either. They installed the same system in an Audi RS4 today and all worked fine but the Jag does require 2 interfaces, rather than 1.

Any one had one of these installed and encountered any issues please? Or know anyone who might be able to help? If we can't get it to work, I'll be stuck with the rubbish system I've got and no way of just putting in a new head unit due to the touch screen!!
I feel compelled to reply just as a (albeit now living in US) born-and-bred Bristolian

I'd always planned to entirely replace the screen in mine with a higher-resolution capacitive one and try to hack the MOST bus to control the climate/seats etc - but this seems like it'd be a good solution if it worked. I'm afraid I can't provide any help with the XCarLink but really interested to hear if you get it to work. Im surprised that XCarLink can't help though...

Old 11-08-2019, 02:17 AM
Received 100 Likes on 88 Posts
Old 11-08-2019, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by davetibbs
I feel compelled to reply just as a (albeit now living in US) born-and-bred Bristolian

I'd always planned to entirely replace the screen in mine with a higher-resolution capacitive one and try to hack the MOST bus to control the climate/seats etc - but this seems like it'd be a good solution if it worked. I'm afraid I can't provide any help with the XCarLink but really interested to hear if you get it to work. Im surprised that XCarLink can't help though...
Hi Dave, can you manage to get Natch over there, if not you must be finding life hard!!

The audio place did spend over an hour on the phone to Xcarlink, but as they said, it's not like getting tech support from Kenwood or Pioneer. These units are made in China and Xcarlink are just the reseller for the UK. It's one of those annoying problems, where everything seems to be installed correctly, but just won't boot past that screen. They tried multiple different iphones, androird phones and cables, so can't be a phone capability issue.

A different interface should be arriving today and so lets hope that works, or else I'll be heading off to a charity shop to start buying up CDs (as gave all mine to charity a few months ago!!).

Old 11-13-2019, 03:20 AM

Good news, they've managed to get it working! Xcarlink sent a different interface. I was expecting the worst, so it's great news. Picking it up later, so will try to post some pictures/videos, as this could be a great solution for anyone looking to get Android Auto/Apple carplay into their Jag.

The following users liked this post:
davetibbs (11-16-2019)
Old 03-03-2020, 05:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you get it working?
Pics, video as promised...