Jaguar Fault Code B102B-67, U3002-81

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 09:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar Fault Code B102B-67, U3002-81

Hi Team,

Recently I start getting fault code in my Jaguar XF 2013 model
It shows, B102B-67 and also U3002-81
I try to figure it out what are those faults code for and how to fix it.
Can anyone please help with that?

Old 04-21-2021, 05:22 AM
Received 60 Likes on 52 Posts

which module is giving you the U300281 DTC?

Old 04-21-2021, 05:29 AM

Originally Posted by fivel

which module is giving you the U300281 DTC?
What I feel it's CJB fault, because when I press start button, the LED screen and aircon vents turns on, but the speedometer lights and engine doesn't turn on

its bit confusing for me, never faced this before

Old 04-21-2021, 05:54 AM

The DTC can be raised by different modules, if you can find which one it will help you pin point the failure.

The common theme is that there is a mismatching or corrupted VIN being seen on the CAN. This is can be because a module has been swapped out, there's noise/interference or fault on a CAN somewhere, a module has got corrupted and throwing out a garbage VIN or simply be a electrical/power glitch.
Have you checked the battery recently or had anything changed/fixed on the car?

Old 04-21-2021, 05:59 AM

The DTC can be raised by different modules, if you can find which one it will help you pin point the failure.

The common theme is that there is a mismatching or corrupted VIN being seen on the CAN. This is can be because a module has been swapped out, there's noise/interference or fault on a CAN somewhere, a module has got corrupted and throwing out a garbage VIN or simply be a electrical/power glitch.
Have you checked the battery recently or had anything changed/fixed on the car?
Recently I change the timing belt kit. And after that this problem occurred and the installer told me that my BCM module has some problem. I am not a mechanical person neither my friend, all I got is these photos I have attached.
Just trying to figure it out how to fix it or else it has to go to Jaguar Dealership service centre and it's costly.

Old 04-21-2021, 06:48 AM

You've got some fun things going on there. Your gateway module is complaining that its software version is incompatible with the car or its configuration file is corrupted.
Your MOST network is complaining about something, I'm not sure what but -87 errors are often "lost comms" errors, might be related to the DTC on the GWM.
Your RSJB is reporting some sort of electrical problem with the right tail lamp.

The second screenshot seems to be showing a mismatching VIN problem. You would normally see that if you have changed a module out, but you don't say you've done that.

Try disconnecting the battery, charge it. reconnect it and see if that takes any gremlins away, it might just be lower on power and causing weird errors. I'd try that with the rear lights disconnected as there maybe a short or electrical error that is interfering with the electrical system.

Last edited by fivel; 04-21-2021 at 08:23 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-21-2021, 05:52 PM

You've got some fun things going on there. Your gateway module is complaining that its software version is incompatible with the car or its configuration file is corrupted.
Your MOST network is complaining about something, I'm not sure what but -87 errors are often "lost comms" errors, might be related to the DTC on the GWM.
Your RSJB is reporting some sort of electrical problem with the right tail lamp.

The second screenshot seems to be showing a mismatching VIN problem. You would normally see that if you have changed a module out, but you don't say you've done that.

Try disconnecting the battery, charge it. reconnect it and see if that takes any gremlins away, it might just be lower on power and causing weird errors. I'd try that with the rear lights disconnected as there maybe a short or electrical error that is interfering with the electrical system.
Thanks for guiding me through, I can try that out and see.
It's very confusing for me regarding the VIN number has been wiped off. Never heard or saw that before.

Old 04-22-2021, 03:56 AM

I didn't mention that some of those codes might be historical so you should clear the DTCs when you've reconnected the battery before trying to start it.

These cars are notorious for random electrical glitches, especially when the battery is playing up; modules don't boot up properly and power dips cause them to do odd things that confuse the car. "replace the battery" is the Jaguar equivalent of "turn it off and back on again".

The VIN mismatch happens because some of the core modules, like the CJB, RSJB, ECU, RKE, etc are VIN encoded to stop you being able to steal or hotwire the car by injecting things onto the CAN to make it unlock/go. It also makes it very difficult to replace (or steal) those modules because used parts are encoded for their original car and won't work in another, new parts need the special tools/dealer software to programme them. The side effect of this is that any issue with one of these modules either not being able to communicate with the other modules or sending out garbled messages means the whole car stops working. It could be anything from a failed module, to a poor power or CAN connection that can cause this.

If changing out the battery doesn't work, then check CJB ground point and the connections to the CJB itself.

Last edited by fivel; 04-22-2021 at 08:20 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-26-2023, 02:23 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Fivel, I have the same problem...
B102B-67
U3002-81
after a flat battery issue (car has now been sitting with dead battery for months)

I have a Xtool decoder but cant get far with that, about to purchase an SDD with Mangoose cable - hoping that will be the right tool to fix it, but...
please give your advice on the SDD IDS with Mangoose ...

Do you know the procedure to resolve this ??

Car is 01/2013 XF Jaguar Sedan 2.2lDiesel (in AUstralia)

Old 03-26-2023, 10:01 AM

tbh there wasn't a follow up to the thread so I'm not sure if we got to the bottom of what was causing the faults. A proper tool like SDD will help you a lot more than a OBD scan tool.

A dead battery for months may certainly upset it, but a bit of power, clear the DTC and resetting some modules might work. I had an issue with the door module after it had been standing with no power for a while, it wouldn't store the mirror positions or dip on reverse. Reprogramming it via SDD brough it back to life.