XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar Teases 2016 XF

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 10:37 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Jaguar Teases 2016 XF

It will be shown first in New York on April 1, but images should come out on or around March 24 online, with a high wire act across two cables. Fingers crossed the stunt driver, who has done some work on Bond films, doesn't drop the thing into the Thames. When asked how it compares to other midsize luxury sedans, Ian Callum said,

"I believe the all-new XF will be the best looking car in its class. Elegant, handsome and with proportions that imbue a great sense of integrity – the all-new XF will be true to the strong tradition of sporting Jaguar saloons while being completely of its time."

Here's the press release:

All-New Jaguar XF to be Revealed in a Dramatic High-Wire Drive Ahead of New York Auto Show Debut

All-new Jaguar XF to be revealed on 24 March 2015
Dramatic high-wire journey streamed globally on jaguar.com/newxf at 19:00 GMT
New XF to offer unrivalled levels of refinement, luxury, comfort and technology
Segment-leading CO2 and efficiency figures delivering over 70mpg
Full technical details to be announced at New York Auto Show on 01 April
The all-new Jaguar XF will make an extraordinary journey across London on 24 March, one week ahead of its public motor show debut in New York.

Jaguar have teamed up with expert British stuntman Jim Dowdall, veteran of dramatic action stunts in movies including Bond, Bourne and Indiana Jones, to perform a world first high-wire water crossing in the all-new Jaguar XF.

The dramatic drive, across two 34mm-diameter wires suspended high above water, will highlight the lightweight and agile credentials of the new XF and will be streamed globally on jaguar.com/newxf at 19:00 GMT on 24 March.

XF was first launched in 2007 and is Jaguar's biggest selling and most awarded car. The next generation XF is completely new from the ground up and will be the second Jaguar model to use the brand's advanced aluminium-intensive architecture. The all-new XF will set new businesssegment benchmarks for weight and efficiency, resulting in class leading fuel economy figures of over 70mpg.

Ian Callum, Director of Design, Jaguar, said: "I believe the all-new XF will be the best looking car in its class. Elegant, handsome and with proportions that imbue a great sense of integrity - the all-new XF will be true to the strong tradition of sporting Jaguar saloons while being completely of its time."

The sophisticated all-new XF will offer exceptional levels of technology, refinement, luxury and comfort.

Watch the dramatic footage of the high-wire reveal here: jaguar.com/newxf

Images, film and press releases will be available to download from media.jaguar.com

The all-new XF will make its global motor show debut in New York on 01 April when the full range and technical details underlining its class-leading credentials will be released in addition to further images/films.

Attached Thumbnails Jaguar Teases 2016 XF-jaguar-xf-00001.jpg   Jaguar Teases 2016 XF-jaguar-xf-00002.jpg  

Last edited by plattform; 03-17-2015 at 11:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2015, 11:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

The interior doesn't look as elegant in the photo as the current model, but I've found that in recent years the interiors often look better in the flesh. Even the XE interior is growing on me, and I thought it was disappointing at first.

Old 03-17-2015, 11:32 PM
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be at the press days for the NYIAS, and I'll take some good pictures up close of the XF and XE, albeit preproduction models.

The following 2 users liked this post by plattform:
2010 Kyanite XFR (03-18-2015), Mkii250 (03-23-2015)
Old 03-18-2015, 09:00 PM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I'm hoping that this car really keeps the "magic" going....because I fear that they are starting to play it safe which translates to boring....

Jaguar designs from 2007 to 2015 have shown a company that was hungry....pun intended.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:26 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We look forward in seeing this new design. So far the images that were posted here hasn't wowed us from the 2015 models.

Old 03-19-2015, 03:17 PM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Interior looks mostly the same as it does in my car?

Also 70mpg caught my attention...so this will be a hybrid of some kind?

Old 03-19-2015, 05:39 PM
Received 55 Likes on 45 Posts

In my eyes it appears to be influenced by the XE; the 70mpg figure(European cycle) is most likely the 2.0 Diesel Ingenuim.

Old 03-20-2015, 09:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

not a fan of the interior so much. seems we keep loosing that "something" that makes it feel jaguar from model to model. I really miss the long veneer blade. Also not a fan of the matte wood finishes. I think the gloss veneers and finishes always give that punch of class and expense.
As for veneer choices, Jaguar should really step it up a bit. That light oak color is the WORST!! TOOOOOOOO Volvo. I miss the light bird's eye maple they used to use in special editions. WIth a black interior and Ivory stitching and details, it would be STUNNING!!

The following users liked this post:
Lothar52 (03-23-2015)
Old 03-21-2015, 07:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

The lines are still elegant. I hope the roll cover over the storage bin changes. Looks cheap compared to current hinged cover. Also, hope there are more trim options for panels, but mostly needs to steer like the current OF and handle even better. Looking for adjustable dynamics like F-type.

Old 03-21-2015, 09:52 PM

Based on the initial reviews of the XE I think the XF is bound to be at the top of its class dynamically.

Old 03-22-2015, 01:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I can't wait to actually see one, but just like the F-Pace (and isn't that a stupid name), this current "Jaguar revealed" marketing does everything but...

I just find this 'tease' marketing wholly unimaginative and thoroughly annoying.

Don't get me wrong; I've signed up for the Jaguar reveal as I'm genuinely interested (I'll be replacing my current XF in about eighteen months), but I think the current marketing team have all but disappeared up their own backsides...

bollocsk187 (04-09-2015)
Old 03-22-2015, 06:45 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

I don't like the interior.

They should have extended the wood trim all the way down the length of the doors. Also they should have had the round metal air vents like the XJ. This interior looks bland like a VW or Audi.

bollocsk187 (04-09-2015)
Old 03-22-2015, 08:33 PM

It appears the most outer vents still rotate. I wonder if the XF-S will have the 380hp engine instead of the 340hp engine. I like the interior, it's simple but upscale. Only a couple of days to go before the reveal.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

The front and rear side panels adjacent to the hood and trunk appear more sculpted, unless those are shadows or highlights in the photo?

Old 03-22-2015, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by jaguny
The front and rear side panels adjacent to the hood and trunk appear more sculpted, unless those are shadows or highlights in the photo?
The wheels arches, especially the rear, looked more pronounced to me too.

Old 03-23-2015, 07:06 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

Funny observation:
I posted the interior picture on two facebook jaguar pages. The XF Drivers page and the Jaguar Lover page.
XF page comments were mostly positive. Even agressive. I pointed out it was a glorified entry level XE interior and lost more of the Jaguar appeal of luxury. And I thought it simply needed more veneer. I was almost drummed off the page as an old man and needed to get over the old jaguar look. Ummmmm, I own an XF!!! Lol
The jaguar lover page mostly hated it! Everything about it! Now, most of the members of this page own older pre XF models. But oddly enough they did like the current XF interior.
I'm a fan of the new Models for the most part but I am becoming one of the worried Jag enthusiasts that we're loosing EVERYTHING that made Jaguar what it was!
Must we loose more and more quentisential Jaguar details for the sake of modernity?
I work along side the furniture industry and things are going more clean and modern but it's still about the wood and details. Less is more so what is designed MUST be stunning.
This interior is "less" but IMO, not "more"!

Old 03-23-2015, 09:09 AM

I think part of it is that we have only seen a pretty dark interior, the XE's looks kind of mundane when it's all black, but when it has the contrasting colors(the cream looks best IMO) it looks much more vibrant and the details stick out more.

BruceTheQuail (03-23-2015)
Old 03-23-2015, 09:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 570 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by plattform
I'll be at the press days for the NYIAS, and I'll take some good pictures up close of the XF and XE, albeit preproduction models.
Can you please check out the rear seat ingress/egress in the XE if you think of it? The foot space looks awfully small in the photos I've seen.

Thanks.

Old 03-23-2015, 04:36 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Bellanca_XF
I think part of it is that we have only seen a pretty dark interior, the XE's looks kind of mundane when it's all black, but when it has the contrasting colors(the cream looks best IMO) it looks much more vibrant and the details stick out more.
Agreed. I had the ivory and oyster with walnut burl in my first XF but I hated the walnut hurl and would have killed for piano black. But my second was black everything interior with white contrast stitching. It looked far more modern, but nothing special, it could have used more colour.

Old 03-24-2015, 02:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 484 Likes on 405 Posts

Well I have to say, the new XF as revealed looks exactly like the XE. I guess the XJ will remain the most distinct of the bunch!

Quick Reply: Jaguar Teases 2016 XF