XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar Teases 2016 XF

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2015, 08:20 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

The more photos and videos they put out, the less impressed I am. It's really not that different, which is good I guess, but side by side I'm sure the differences will be more obvious.
I still think they really should have kept the rear similar to the existing XF. That was actually the best part of the first model. And the facelift even made it better. The new double boob led rear lights look rediculous on the XF. They were perfect on the F type as a nod to the E-type, and not even that bad on the XE. But two dips looks just odd. Too forced. Miss the stunning facelift DRL too. Now it looks like the XE from a distance. I wouldn't be happy if I had my XF confused with an EX! Facelift drl leaves no area for confusion what car you're seeing from a distance. Totally unique in the drl universe!
And I'm so sick of those stupid horizontal fake vents that all cars are using! The facelift triangle vents were great. Modern, and unique to Jaguar and the XF.
I understand a design DNA across the brand, but each model MUST have a distinct difference to justify its price, impression, and over all desire. Just my opinion.

Old 03-30-2015, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 570 Likes on 355 Posts

I can hardly tell a 5-Series BMW from a 3-Series on the street, but this new XF looks a lot more muscular and powerful than the XE, to my eye anyway. I'm looking forward to seeing them together.

Old 03-31-2015, 07:51 PM
Veteran Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 895 Posts

Much better pictures of the interior here. Looks great in ivory/oyster 2016 Jaguar XF : New details on brand?s crucial rival to the BMW 5 Series
I don't know why they used the plain black in the initial release shots, it looked very dated, or very BMW, or both.

And I see the instrument cluster has a temp gauge!

Last edited by BruceTheQuail; 04-01-2015 at 01:43 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:25 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah... I can live with this...! :-)

Old 04-01-2015, 05:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 515 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Zaphod

Yeah... I can live with this...! :-)
For the most part, the interior is good but there are a couple disjointed details. First, the glove box opener. Cheap and just not worthy of a car of this price.
Second, the space with the middle vent. Should have been wood and the vent should have had the titanium chrome trim to tie it to the center stack, visually. (Reminds me of the old "ford plastic" complaints from early ford era models)
Third, the aluminum fascia should have continued where the ivory strip is. Or even wood repeated. Or widen the aluminum and add a chrome finished edge to tie it to the center console.
Fourth, I still would like to see the wood panels in the door cards.
The lower center console is fine but still too close to the cheaper XE for my taste.
Jaguar Teases 2016 XF-image.jpg
I still prefer the original interior. To be honest, I'd love the roll top on the existing console. I'm sick of fingerprints when I close the lids!!
I think they could have put a bit more thought to the new interior. It almost looks like the new was the first and the old was the "evolution"!

Old 04-01-2015, 06:08 AM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Bottom line: original was elegant. The new one could have been made by Acura.

Old 04-01-2015, 09:17 AM
Veteran Member
Received 570 Likes on 355 Posts

I see architectural elements to the main fascia, and I like that. It's elegant. I just hope the door cards, console (right through to the back seat air vents), and glove box aren't hard and plasticky the way they look in the photos.

Though I have to say I love the original XF interior and didn't want to change anything.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:37 AM
Veteran Member
Received 166 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by texevora
42 posts and nobody has said anything about the lack of a V8 option? I get that everything these days is going smaller displacement with turbos, but the JLR V8 is used across so many different models I'm surprised it's not even mentioned in the press release, let alone as one of the XF trim level options.

Maybe they're waiting a year or two before releasing a V8-equipped R model?
A Jalopnik article indicated the XF would be available with a V6 only for 2016. No mention of a V8 variant to the best of my knowledge.

Old 04-01-2015, 01:42 PM
Received 147 Likes on 115 Posts

The more I look at this car I love the design. Huge step up from older model.

I never considered buying the older one. I could see myself trading my 2014 M5 for a 2016 XFR (assuming they make an XFR and it has at least 600hp)

Old 04-01-2015, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by XFactoR
Bottom line: original was elegant. The new one could have been made by Acura.
No it couldn't. Acura dash design is an abomination. The Jaguar one looks well designed, ergonomic, and stylish in a minimalist way. The only thing wrong with the Jag design is that it looks too German for a British car.

The following users liked this post:
BruceTheQuail (04-01-2015)
Old 04-01-2015, 02:44 PM

Also while I think the Jaguar cockpit is quite attractive, look at this abomination Cadillac put out for their new XJ/7 series level flagship sedan.

Old 04-01-2015, 07:55 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

The configuration is up, no V8. Hang on to your supercharged models.

Old 04-01-2015, 11:31 PM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguny
The configuration is up, no V8.
Yet...at least that better to be the case...

Old 04-02-2015, 04:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

The only things I don't like are the static centre vents (I love the rotating vents), and there's something about the rear-end...

...I can't quite put my finger on it, but it looks more Audi than XF.

Speaking of V8s - imagine squeezing a V8 into an XE and putting it to the M3 crowd!

Old 04-02-2015, 06:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 443 Likes on 323 Posts

well they have to have room to add a hot "S" version which i am sure will be V8 powered in a smaller, limited run.
I like the F-Type rear lights but the overall tail view reminds me of Audi A7.

I like the interior, you still have the rotating vents on the side. A big difference will be the color combo you chose, all black may not be the color to go. My 2011 XF SC was Oyster and Truffels and i thought that combo made it look very classy while a all black interior looks more dull and more like most interiors. Obviously just my humble opinion.

Last edited by Schwabe; 04-02-2015 at 06:59 AM.
Old 04-02-2015, 05:12 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Mkii250
I see architectural elements to the main fascia, and I like that. It's elegant. I just hope the door cards, console (right through to the back seat air vents), and glove box aren't hard and plasticky the way they look in the photos.

Though I have to say I love the original XF interior and didn't want to change anything.
Agree, the existing interior really appealed to me, understated and classic modern. The new glove box pull handle is not elegant to the say the least. The simple push button on the finish was an elegant detail.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:15 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Schwabe
well they have to have room to add a hot "S" version which i am sure will be V8 powered in a smaller, limited run.
I like the F-Type rear lights but the overall tail view reminds me of Audi A7.

I like the interior, you still have the rotating vents on the side. A big difference will be the color combo you chose, all black may not be the color to go. My 2011 XF SC was Oyster and Truffels and i thought that combo made it look very classy while a all black interior looks more dull and more like most interiors. Obviously just my humble opinion.
I have a charcoal interior and it is more sophisticated than just black. They are offering brogue on the new ones. Would look great with celestial black.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:20 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Zaphod
The only things I don't like are the static centre vents (I love the rotating vents), and there's something about the rear-end...

...I can't quite put my finger on it, but it looks more Audi than XF.

Speaking of V8s - imagine squeezing a V8 into an XE and putting it to the M3 crowd!
They lost the "coupness" of the back side profile. It's more like a traditional 4 door sedan. This is the biggest design change that I don't think keeps the edge of the original design. The front is at least equal to the original and some details are more elegant. Agree on the rotating vents.

Old 04-02-2015, 05:22 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by StealthPilot
Also while I think the Jaguar cockpit is quite attractive, look at this abomination Cadillac put out for their new XJ/7 series level flagship sedan.

As bad as it is, it's better than there current design.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:57 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Configurator is up All New 2016 Jaguar XF - Sport Sedans | Jaguar USA

The new tech does look good, seems to be growing on me the more I look at it

Quick Reply: Jaguar Teases 2016 XF