XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar xf 2012

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2024, 11:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Head gasket

Originally Posted by Noelmid
Hi, don't panic, I'm sure it's not a head gasket and you don't need to flatbed it anywhere. It is perfectly fine do drive carefully with the restricted performance sign on.
Your problem is most likely a split turbocharger hose. So whenever you accelerate hard and the engine call for boost the light will come on. And the puff of smoke is a good indicator.
The hoses are not expensive and are fairly easy to fit, so check them out.
Good luck. Let me know how you get on.
Noel
I ended up testing it where you are let it run and shut it off let it cool and then you put the turkey baster in the radiator or the overflow and with that purple liquid and you squeeze the top the bulb and it pulls air out and if it turns the purple fluid yellow, that means your hand gasket shot so I did that and it’s not the head gasket thank God I jumped up the lights and the wipers were on and I couldn’t shut them off. I guess when we jumped these jaguars sometimes you got a clear codes or something if anybody knows anything about that can you please let me know I appreciate it because I’m getting rid of it this week and next week by next week , thank you very much

Old 03-20-2024, 01:29 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,348 Likes on 1,849 Posts

Again and again and again???
What are the codes??

Old 04-17-2024, 05:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar xf 2012 portfolio

Originally Posted by clubairth1
Again and again and again???
What are the codes??
. Hi everybody I want to thank everybody for replies to what I posted I didn’t run a pole. I’ve been new to this site and I’m not 100% on options on here. First of all I had the 2012 F with 63,000 miles on it and I thought it was a head gasket cause I listen to other people that don’t know what the hell they’re talking about. I finally tested it and it wasn’t the head gasket like I thought but I ended up selling it and I have another portfolio with only 47,000 miles on it and I’m trying to sell that right now as I speak I’m on disability have enough money because if it breaks down it’s probably gonna cost that’s one thing bad thing about these cars other than that they’re beautiful and I love the car The white one I got with 47,000 miles on it needs a new serpentine belt brake pads and my son-in-law snapped a lug nut when we went to put the pads on and I’m in the process of drilling that out and what a pain in the *** that is and I seen somebody mention about you should get an extended warranty when you have car like this, but I don’t know if everybody knows all the information on that. But, I went to check that out and here’s the thing about warranties after the original runs out so we got the warranty eight months later something breaks on the car they’re not gonna cover it only up to what money you already paid them into the warranty, that’s all they’re gonna cover and I didn’t know that and I just found out. Should be careful before you pay for a warranty. I advise you that when you get the contract in the mail read it carefully. It’s like 10 pages long kind of confusing and everything soon as I read it I found this out. I started taking stuff off the engine in the front to check the police and look at the service be on there. I’m not a mechanic, but I checked out online about it and I have to try my best. I guess I almost got the top part where the air filters and everything off. Again, thank you everybody and God bless and take care. John
Thanks