XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF (2014) Interior Lights Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2016, 11:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XF (2014) Interior Lights Upgrade

Hi,

Can I start by saying what a great forum this is and despite me using it for a while for tips I have only now signed up for the forum.

After using the search function I have failed to find the answer to my question and hopefully someone can point me into the right direction.

I am looking at changing my courtesy lighting inside the car to the white LED versions I have seen around, but I am not sure on the following:

1. How do I change the bulbs for the interior lights
2. What bulbs would I need to ensure they continue working fine without any fault codes being triggered
3. Would making these changes impact my warranty on the car?

I look forward to the responds.

Thanks

Malcolm

Old 05-29-2016, 06:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 438 Likes on 387 Posts

Welcome (officially) to the forum! I agree - there is a great group of knowledgable and helpful people on here and it's always fun to hear what others have been exploring on their cars

Lots of people have done the LEDs - inside and outside. A few had issues given the different resistance / wattage of the LEDs but most seemed to work out well

Here is a great thread
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-thread-82098/

Good luck / let us know how you get on

Any other plans for the car??

Old 05-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BritCars
Welcome (officially) to the forum! I agree - there is a great group of knowledgable and helpful people on here and it's always fun to hear what others have been exploring on their cars

Lots of people have done the LEDs - inside and outside. A few had issues given the different resistance / wattage of the LEDs but most seemed to work out well

Here is a great thread
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-thread-82098/

Good luck / let us know how you get on

Any other plans for the car??
That's exactly what I was looking for thanks again BritCars.

I wanted to add a miracast option for my phone to the dash screen as I have a Chinese GPS unit fitted in my Audi which works great, but I don't want to remove my factory unit and mess too much with this pride and joy of mine. Been looking at some options online where people are running two systems (parallel to the factory unit) leaving all current options, but adding media options including miracast for mobile phones.

Only other mod I want to do soon is replace my chrome grill trim to black which would match my black grill on the r-sport. Just wanting to give it that slight beefier look. Lol

Old 05-30-2016, 11:21 PM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

All my lights are LED with the exception of the front and rear amber turn signals for which an LED crossover did not exist when I did the others. I have no resistance issues and as long as they don't exceed the recommended max current draw (you'd be blowing fuses first) the warr should stay in tact.