XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF Audio Bluetooth A2DP

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 04:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AirPlay adapter in stead of bluetooth

Got my new (used) XF this friday - and was a bit disappointed that you cannot audio stream to the built-in system.

I just bought this Nexus Linka Airplay adapter:
AirPlay adapter Wifi adapter over AUX - Håndfri bil-kit - thansen.dk

The price is 50£ here in Denmark. Its quite small and plugs in to the USB (for power) and AUX, so it is hidden in the armrest. It creates its own Wifi network, which is up and running in a few seconds, and the iPhone connects automatically.

The sound seems flawless - and no humming from the AUX when there is no music.

Old 10-02-2016, 06:13 AM
Default Am I missing something?

This is a pretty old thread but I can't find how to start a new one so will hope someone sees this and answer my question!!

I've just bought a 2011 Xf S (X250) which connects perfectly well via bluetooth to my iPhone for making and receiving phone calls. All contacts come up on the touchscreen etc.

However, the only way I can get the audio to play from my iPhone is through the auxiliary (with a bluetooth gateway as recommended) but of course, being routed through the aux, it has to be operated from the phone instead of the touch screen.

My handbook says that this car has bluetooth audio connectivity with iPhone and common sense tells me that if my phone contacts can be read, then surely the audio can also be read. Especially now that we're nearly in 2017. I want the audio information to display on the touchscreen and controlled from there and/or the steering wheel just as it does with the iPod.

Any suggestions/advice will be gratefully received!

Old 08-09-2017, 02:27 AM
Smile Bluetooth audio on XF 2008-2011

This dongle solves the Bluetooth problem. Connect it to the 30-pin iPhone connector, and connect your phone via Bluetooth to the dongle.

You get the same functions as if the phone was physically connected. Track/music information is shown on the display, also from Spotify.

http://amzn.eu/edm9YVv

Old 08-09-2017, 08:55 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Pre 2012 the XF doesn't feature A2DP, or audio over Bluetooth.

It supports phone quality audio of course, but not HiFi stereo audio. I wonder if there's an update to enable this... but its probably not going to be easy to find out.

However I've ordered an iPod - Bluetooth adaptor that will plug into the iPod adaptor cable thats in the centre box. As its designed for an iPod, it *might* display Now Playing info.

I will report back when it arrives!

A

Old 08-09-2017, 07:07 PM
Veteran Member
Received 444 Likes on 390 Posts

It depends on the device you use. I have the Tune2Air BT device connected to the iPod connector on my 2010 XF SC. Works perfectly - streams my iPhone music, shows track listing/name, controls can skip forwards and backwards a track etc. Spotify works well too
That's on the B&W audio system but I believe it works on all

Good luck!

Old 11-10-2019, 05:13 AM

Originally Posted by ericprescott
Got my new (used) XF this friday - and was a bit disappointed that you cannot audio stream to the built-in system.

I just bought this Nexus Linka Airplay adapter:
AirPlay adapter Wifi adapter over AUX - Håndfri bil-kit - thansen.dk

The price is 50£ here in Denmark. Its quite small and plugs in to the USB (for power) and AUX, so it is hidden in the armrest. It creates its own Wifi network, which is up and running in a few seconds, and the iPhone connects automatically.

The sound seems flawless - and no humming from the AUX when there is no music.

I hope this works well! I just bought one for my XF 2008. It is only the premium so has no iPod/USB but an easy workaround as it has aux and I’ll just use a usb cigarette charger. Fingers crossed it all works well. I did originally buy a Bluetooth FM transmitter with sd card but they are very cheap. They work ok but is awkward and there is some humming - also with low volume. So I’m hoping this will give me clarity of music and ease of use. Ok I’ve sacrificed the sd card usage but I’ll take that.