XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF does not authorize starting

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2021, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XF does not authorize starting

Hello everyone! I had a problem with my Jaguar XF ... that is, it did not start when I pressed the brake ... instead of turning on the display went off ... with SDD I detected these 3 errors: B100D-87 VIM Steering lock authorization

B1B33-87 IPC Target identification transfer

U0167-00 PCM Loss of communications with the immobilizer control module

I deleted them but nothing still did not start ... then disconnecting the battery 5 minutes the car started regularly and now it has been 3 days that it has not given me any anomalies ... someone Has this ever happened to you? I am afraid to remain on foot again .. I have read that some have updated the software of some modules no longer having problems? how do you do it with SDD? is it a risky operation? thanks everyone in advance!

Old 09-21-2021, 03:21 PM
Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

Run Immobilization procedure and see what happens after that.

Old 09-21-2021, 04:03 PM

After disconnecting the battery and resetting the error codes at the moment the car is starting regularly for 3 days ... am I waiting for the problem to reappear or is it a procedure that I can do anyway?

Old 09-21-2021, 04:07 PM
Received 60 Likes on 41 Posts

If the car starts you do not need to run the procedure. Just clear the codes and next time you login start a new session.

Old 09-22-2021, 11:51 AM
Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

You probably had a bad battery connection which you corrected without realizing it. As soon as the engine tired to crank the battery voltage went right down which is why the display went off.

Old 09-22-2021, 12:07 PM

I don't know ... to tell the truth the starter motor hasn't even turned .. pressing the brake and the Start button instead of turning on the engine, the display turned on ... pressing the brake and start again, the display went off. ..I had also tried both keys and also placed in the slot under the steering wheel but nothing to do .. the battery connection seemed good but it could also be as you say .. for safety I measured the voltage at "rest" and is 12.6V. however I will update you if the problem occurs again ...

Old 09-23-2021, 04:26 AM
Received 212 Likes on 156 Posts

Don't forget that if you don't press the brake pedal hard enough when you push the start button then the ignition will simply turn off again.

Old 07-13-2022, 01:08 PM
Lightbulb XF cranks but no start / U0167-00 / B1B33-87 / B100D-87

XF cranks but no start / ERRORS --> U0167-00 / B1B33-87 / B100D-87

XF 3.0D X250 of early 2010

Dear Gentlemen,

I (also, like many) have this often seen combination of errors:

B100D-87 VIM Steering lock authorization

B1B33-87 IPC Target identification transfer

U0167-00 PCM Loss of communications with the immobilizer control module

1)
Some of you just needed to disconnect the battery and it was all fine, again.

{I am not that lucky... )

the engine will just "not proceed" (Rolls Royce jargon for = it won't work !)

2)
I also read, that it could be the CAN bus connection behind / next to the instrument cluster...
(article by Garagewire:

https://garagewire.co.uk/news/compan...ck-fault-code/

I looked at the connections and they look fine, but I need to yet measure them

3)
I have had SDD run through all, also immoblizer reset etc., but all no go

Running the recommendations, all works out.

-->
Do you gentlemen maybe have a few more ideas what it could be ?

The above error combination seems to ocurr quite often.

I have had the CJB checked = it is fine.
No water ingress. Coding on it is fine.

I can read the VIN via SDD.

I have cleaned as many GND points as I could find

The battery is brand new and definitely ok

The engine will not start as rail pressure does not build up.
{Diesel is fine / pump is fine / rail pressure sensor is new, rail pressure control valve is new, and metering unit to pump is 50% on without power, so that cannot be the fault, either (I have had it out and blew through - no blockage}

Thank you VERY MUCH in advance for all your ideas,

Rud

Old 07-13-2022, 02:02 PM

Hi! Do you by chance park with the wheels turned? it happened to me like this ... I don't know if that's the fault! now I always park with straight wheels and he never showed up again. In any case, if it does not go, try to do the pre-delivery inspection and at the end of the procedure you will see that it does not start yet ... you have to code the 2 keys again .. you definitely give it in recommendations. If that's not the case, I don't know.

Old 07-13-2022, 02:08 PM

ah i forgot the pre-delivery inspection is a long enough process but easy enough because the instructions are all on the screen on what to do (about 30 minutes) ... remember your internet connection as you go and a good power supply to keep the voltage on i 12.5V during the procedure. In the case it may seem bullshit but the first symptoms to me that gave me those errors before exiting were that I could not find the key and I got the error. I also changed the remote control battery for safety.

Old 07-14-2022, 11:50 AM

Hi Danielle,

very good , I shall try what you recommend !

Thank you very much !

I bought the car as a non-runner thinking that I could fix it...

this is the first car that I have not managed to understand...
it is the first car with PATS etc., this is all crazy...

so, I cannot answer your question regarding how it was parked.

But the story is: the driver / previous ownwer had been on a long trip, got tired, stopped at a rest area, and when he wanted to continue, that was it: no go.

And as it is Jaguar, the Auto-club who towed did not have the in-depth knowledge on this car..did not even know how to release it into neutral...

Thanks again for your good idea...

I have nothing to loose, am happy to try that

I shall keep you posted.

Old 07-14-2022, 12:20 PM

ok keep me updated! I also had the same mistakes! the pre-delivery inspection should fix everything .. it is a function that is used when the dealer sells a Jaguar to a customer ... if something is missing he connects to the server and downloads the factory file from the parent company and checks that the 'car everything is ok .. control units, communication, etc. .. I only once did it for my mistake I had blocked the engine and gearbox control unit .. I solved everything! the only thing that at the end of the procedure the car still did not start and I had to re-code the 2 keys to start it .. it gave me anyway as a recommendation 'anti-theft alarm starting authorization ". Those 3 errors that you have had you I have had them me too and I don't know why ... disconnecting the battery 5 minutes I managed to reset everything and it started. I just remember that before all this in the morning it happened that I didn't hear the hum of the steering lock when I closed the door and the 'alarm that could not find the key in the car to start it ... the afternoon got stuck with your same 3 errors. I had parked the car with the wheels turned to the left. sorry for the translation but I'm Italian. soon

Old 07-15-2022, 01:58 AM

Hello Danielle ,
Thank you very much for your very helpful reply - mille grazie per sua riposte (I hope I remembered it correctly in Italian).

This is very helpful ---> "it gave me anyway as a recommendation 'anti-theft alarm starting authorization " - I have also been recommended to do this, but not told how to get to this.

So, I get to it via the "pre inspection " menu.

Thank you for explaining this !

I think a lot of us do not know that the "pre inspection" is a good way to fix different problems like this.

This is a very very good forum !

Thank you very much

Old 07-15-2022, 02:09 AM

come on perfect I'm happy ... so everything is working correctly now? So the anti-theft system recommendation gave it to you after the pre-delivery inspection? I'm glad to have helped you!

Old 07-15-2022, 02:13 AM

surely they told me that to solve this type of problem you could try to update the software of some modules in SDD .. they usually come out in the "Extras" section. Updating the module means that SDD automatically searches the server if there is a more recent update available for the selected module. I haven't tried it yet ... it's not a very invasive method because you don't have to replace anything but if something fails I think you have to throw the module away.

Old 07-16-2022, 08:36 AM
Received 66 Likes on 64 Posts

Hi There. Daniele.. you are a Saab Tech II expert as well I think I have ssem your psots on the Saab boards

Old 07-16-2022, 08:58 AM

yes before the Jaguar XF I had a Saab 93 2.0T petrol. I am registered on an official Italian forum. I haven't owned it for more than 1 years now. I don't want to go out of the question so in case write me in private.

Old 02-06-2024, 03:34 PM
Default Same problem, steering column locked

Hello everybody, I did read this thread for 2 weeks but nothing.
Please help me.
So after I removed the negative battery, I bought new battery then “Smart key not found” I had a guy with SDD spent 5 hours and nothing. BCM had no VIN which was “????????” so I sent BCM to somebody to reset it, I got it back but same thing “Smart key not found” then he factory reset the BCM, I got an SDD and I spent 4 hours to configure new BCM and Key to car.
Now I got dashboard, lock unlock BUT Steering column locked and won’t start, just dashbord off.
I went through pre-inspection delivery which ask for 2 keys, I bought another key, set the key dor the car, pre-inspection done, nothing changed.
I got 2x IPC errors:
- column lock authorisation
- target identification transfer

Immobilisation doesn’t write at all.
if I want to configure new module instrument cluster module I got error.

On the extras tab I went through all and executed and all complete….

I will try to attach poctures.
Thank you so much.

Old 02-06-2024, 03:40 PM
Default Hi

So BCM is ok now, but steering is locked and IPC errors

Old 02-07-2024, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by Unixone
Hello everybody, I did read this thread for 2 weeks but nothing.
Please help me.
So after I removed the negative battery, I bought new battery then “Smart key not found” I had a guy with SDD spent 5 hours and nothing. BCM had no VIN which was “????????” so I sent BCM to somebody to reset it, I got it back but same thing “Smart key not found” then he factory reset the BCM, I got an SDD and I spent 4 hours to configure new BCM and Key to car.
Now I got dashboard, lock unlock BUT Steering column locked and won’t start, just dashbord off.
I went through pre-inspection delivery which ask for 2 keys, I bought another key, set the key dor the car, pre-inspection done, nothing changed.
I got 2x IPC errors:
- column lock authorisation
- target identification transfer

Immobilisation doesn’t write at all.
if I want to configure new module instrument cluster module I got error.

On the extras tab I went through all and executed and all complete….

I will try to attach poctures.
Thank you so much.

as you may have read in some previous posts, I had a similar problem...in fact almost identical...I solved it by carrying out a "pre-delivery inspection" with SDD. Once the pre-delivery inspection process was successful, the car still didn't run and I carried out another procedure that he advised me in Recommendations... that is, configuring the immobilizer by having me register the 2 smart keys again. I don't know what else to advise you. Check that your SDD is correctly configured and connected to the internet. Or try doing a new IPC module reconfiguration.

Quick Reply: Jaguar XF does not authorize starting