XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF Sidelight issue

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2017, 02:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Jaguar XF Sidelight issue

Back in July I purchased a 2008 XF 2.7 Diesel with 42000 miles and good service history. I work on ships so for the latter part of 2016 the car was left and not driven.
On return I had a flat battery (no surprise) which I had replaced. Since then I have had a couple of issues with my front sidelights. First of all my car failed it's MOT because one was not working. The issue was not a need for a replacement bulb. Took it to Jaguar in Brentwood for them to look at and after an hour diagnostics they could not find an issue and said they might have to spend several hours just trying to identify the issue. I know a car electrician who did a little bit of a bodge and ran a wire from the functioning side to the faulty side. This worked fine for a few days. However the other day I had an issue where the front sidelights would not switch off at all. I have tried switching the control on the stalk from auto to off but nothing works. Then randomly the issue went away for a few days and it has randomly reappeared again!

If anyone has any advice/solutions etc they would be greatly appreciated!!!