XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar xf towbar wiring

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2024, 02:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar xf towbar wiring

Hi,

I have a writter towbar already installed on my car but need help with connecting up the electrics 🤔 if anyone knows??

It's a 2013 xf s and I have purchased this: Towing Bypass Interface Relay PCT Logicon ZR2500 7 Way Universal

Which is apparently the correct module for my car but am not sure what wires control the brakes, left and right indicators and reverse.

Had anyone fitted one of these and knows what to do please?

Old 06-24-2024, 03:25 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Check the box you have is solid state with low input current - if it drives relays from the lighting circuits the feedback current from the relay coils is very likely to kill the outputs on your RSJB.

I believe the wiring colours on the top left connector of the RSJB are:-

Violet-Orange - Right Stop
Grey-Brown - Left Stop

Green-Brown - Reverse

Grey-Orange - Left Indicator
Green-Orange - Right Indicator

White-Orange - Right sidelight
Violet-Green - Left Sidelight

Old 06-24-2024, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by sportbrake_phil
Check the box you have is solid state with low input current - if it drives relays from the lighting circuits the feedback current from the relay coils is very likely to kill the outputs on your RSJB.

I believe the wiring colours on the top left connector of the RSJB are:-

Violet-Orange - Right Stop
Grey-Brown - Left Stop

Green-Brown - Reverse

Grey-Orange - Left Indicator
Green-Orange - Right Indicator

White-Orange - Right sidelight
Violet-Green - Left Sidelight

Hi mate thanks for your reply 👋🏻

These below are the colours I have going into the the rear lights, should I not connect near the lights themselves and go near the RSJB? Do you know where abouts that is please?

RH tail light Violet and brownGreen and orangeWhite and orange BlackGreen and brown LH tail light
Violet and greenBlackgreen and brownGrey and orangeGrey and brown

Honestly appreciate your help as I'm due to collect the caravan this Friday

Old 06-24-2024, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Cordwell1518

These below are the colours I have going into the the rear lights, should I not connect near the lights themselves and go near the RSJB? Do you know where abouts that is please?

RH tail light Violet and brownGreen and orangeWhite and orange BlackGreen and brown LH tail light

​​​​​​
I found these drawings aswell but just trying to make head or tail of it 🤔

Old 06-24-2024, 05:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cordwell1518

It doesn't matter where along the wires you connect, it's possibly easier near the RSJB, as they're all together, and it's inside the car, if you connect outside immediately behind the light clusters, you have to deal with water proofing, and feeding / sealing the wires through the grommets into the interior ( presuming that's where you'll be putting your new module ).

The RSJB ( rear smart junction box ), otherwise know as BCMB ( Body control module B ), Rear junction box (RJB) and Auxiliary junction box(AJB) ( why do they need four names and acronyms for everything ), is the "fusebox" on the right side of the boot/loadspace. It's actually a computer that happens to have a few fuses fitted. There's a pull-out door on the sportbrake if you look carefully, and I believe you have to pull the carpet type lining out on the saloon ( held in by a few push clips. ).

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.

It looks like:-
https://www.jaginfo.org/cdn-cgi/imag...ox-png.181717/

Last edited by sportbrake_phil; 06-24-2024 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-25-2024, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by sportbrake_phil
It doesn't matter where along the wires you connect, it's possibly easier near the RSJB, as they're all together, and it's inside the car, if you connect outside immediately behind the light clusters, you have to deal with water proofing, and feeding / sealing the wires through the grommets into the interior ( presuming that's where you'll be putting your new module ).

The RSJB ( rear smart junction box ), otherwise know as BCMB ( Body control module B ), Rear junction box (RJB) and Auxiliary junction box(AJB) ( why do they need four names and acronyms for everything ), is the "fusebox" on the right side of the boot/loadspace. It's actually a computer that happens to have a few fuses fitted. There's a pull-out door on the sportbrake if you look carefully, and I believe you have to pull the carpet type lining out on the saloon ( held in by a few push clips. ).

Good luck, and please let us know how it goes.

It looks like:-
https://www.jaginfo.org/cdn-cgi/imag...ox-png.181717/
Sport brake phil!! You are an absolute legend that done the job perfectly 😎.

It was exactly what you said and I connected it all at the plug on the top left of the car smart fuse board thingy.

Job done.

​​​​​​Honestly thanks mate for your help!!

Old 06-25-2024, 05:14 PM

Thanks for the update, I'm glad to hear you're all sorted in time to pick your caravan up.