XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Jaguar XF (X250) Estate Reversing Lights Always On

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2022, 06:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jaguar XF (X250) Estate Reversing Lights Always On

Hi All,

I am wondering if someone can help with this weird problem I have developed with my 2014 (X250) Jaguar XF 2.2 (TDi4 163) Diesel Estate.

About two weeks ago I noticed the reversing lights are always on. It doesn’t seem to matter if the automatic gear box is in drive, park, reverse etc,

Even when the car is not running and locked they are still lit up.

The only way I have managed to get them to go out is to actually disconnect the battery.

I have been trying to work my way through the wiring by looking at various diagrams I have found online but no joy so far.

I am thinking it could be sometihng to do with the computer or CAN bus but I will be honest I haven’t a clue.

Has anyone had this issue before? Or does anyone know of anything I could try?

I spoke to Jaguar and they want £175 just to run some diagnostics so I want to avoid that if possible and see if I can sort it myself.

Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

Tony

Old 10-22-2022, 04:27 AM

Originally Posted by beast900
Hi All,

I am wondering if someone can help with this weird problem I have developed with my 2014 (X250) Jaguar XF 2.2 (TDi4 163) Diesel Estate.

About two weeks ago I noticed the reversing lights are always on. It doesn’t seem to matter if the automatic gear box is in drive, park, reverse etc,

The only way I have managed to get them to go out is to actually disconnect the battery.

I have been trying to work my way through the wiring by looking at various diagrams I have found online but no joy so far.

I am thinking it could be sometihng to do with the computer or CAN bus but I will be honest I haven’t a clue.

I spoke to Jaguar and they want £175 just to run some diagnostics so I want to avoid that if possible and see if I can sort it myself.

Thanks in Advance

Tony
It could be the reverse light switch.
haven’t a clue where that is though!!
gearbox area ish!!

Old 10-22-2022, 02:42 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by beast900
Hi All,

Thanks in Advance

Tony
The reversion lights are controlled by the RSJB/BCMB/RJB it's located behind the little pull out panel on the right side as you look in with the tailgate open. First check for any signs of water ingress into that junction box ( any signs of water, or green "copper" deposits on any of the connectors ), it's been known for the bolts that hold the "rams" that keep the tailgate open to leak, and water to run down inside the d pillar, and drip onto the RSJB.

The green/blue wire on the second top connector on the left of the RSJB powers the reversing lamps, I'd suggest first checking the voltage there, ( presumably 12v if the lamps are on ), then disconnecting that wire. If the lights are still on with the wire disconnected it seems the logical explanation will be a short in the wiring ( to another live wire ) somewhere between there and the the lamps.

Last edited by sportbrake_phil; 10-22-2022 at 02:46 PM.
Old 10-24-2022, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Nigwel1058
It could be the reverse light switch.
haven’t a clue where that is though!!
gearbox area ish!!
Thanks Nigwel1058, I will do some digging! :-)

Old 10-24-2022, 11:04 AM

Thanks Sportbrake_phil,

thats great, I currently looking in that area, and I suspect the same as you (at the moment anyway). Let me have a good check and trace,

Will let you know how I get on

Thanks

Tony