XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

JLR is a HUGE RIPOFF

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 08:43 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default JLR is a HUGE RIPOFF

I'm so tried of dealing with JLR about the faulty adhesive they used on their expensive vehicles. About two months ago I agreed to the good will that JLR offered me to replace the dashboard in my 2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged which was 2507 out the door. The first appointment my parts wasn't in so he rescheduled me. The second time I was on a mandatory evacuation because my neighborhood was flooded so I had to reschedule . Now this morning is my appointment and they call telling me my total is 2700 where does the extra 200 come from and the manager told me the parts went up as I had to reschedule. Not only are they trying to charge me more but they are rushing me in to spend my money. I was told I had to be there by 10am what type of business are they running? Customer service is horrible, I'm so heated right now that I'm going to call JLR to see what they have to say because I'm so close to selling this car 🚗 I still have a recall on this car and the parts aren't in yet. I'm so feed up😢 Your thoughts are appreciated

Old 11-01-2016, 08:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

If you do decide to move the car on don't trade it at a Jaguar dealer - the open recall on the airbags with no ETA means they will lowball a trade offer because (and I get their problem) they are unable to resell the vehicle with an open recall. So they will be reflecting on the fact they don't know how long it will be sitting in their lot before they choose to send it to auction. You would think you'd get a better price for your Jag from a Jag dealer but not presently. Ask me how I know ;-)

Old 11-01-2016, 08:56 AM

I believe you because I went to CarMax recently to check my options and they told me 11,000 I could have screamed🙀

Originally Posted by stmcknig
If you do decide to move the car on don't trade it at a Jaguar dealer - the open recall on the airbags with no ETA means they will lowball a trade offer because (and I get their problem) they are unable to resell the vehicle with an open recall. So they will be reflecting on the fact they don't know how long it will be sitting in their lot before they choose to send it to auction. You would think you'd get a better price for your Jag from a Jag dealer but not presently. Ask me how I know ;-)

Old 11-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

ok... im a little confused.... they missed an appointment, you missed an appointment....they want the car dropped off by 10 am.....so far this all sounds extremely reasonable... why the $200 more? idk....but, i would bring my car in before 10 and be done with it Jags have crappy resale...as you know so get it fixed and let it go and enjoy your car..... ps your car is 7-8 years old....id be happy they offered to do anything

The following 3 users liked this post by Injekter:
JgaXkr (11-02-2016), MarkN (11-04-2016), MoabUtah (11-02-2016)
Old 11-01-2016, 10:34 AM
GGG
Received 16,851 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by SlimGoody
I'm so tried of dealing with JLR ...... Your thoughts are appreciated
I rather suspect the feeling will be mutual.

1. one appointment cancelled by each party
2. an 8% price increase
3. appointment for 10:00

You weren't to blame for the flood and the dealer can hardly be blamed for non delivery of the parts.

The price increase - a calm discussion is more likely to have had this waived.

The appointment time was presumably to ensure they could get the vehicle back to you the same day?

Bursting into print with a rant on a public forum would be a long way down my list of actions in the circumstances.

Graham

The following users liked this post:
MoabUtah (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 04:50 AM
Received 42 Likes on 41 Posts

The dash replacement is a long job and I assume they are trying to make the least impact to you by having you come in at 10 and getting it done in a single day. I'm sure if you offered to leave it overnight it wouldn't be an issue.

Old 11-02-2016, 07:35 PM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

Never heard of a dealer charging a premium for a missed appointment the service Sept must be pretty hard up, I'd definitely have a talk with the dealers GM over that.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:31 AM

That was my issue and I'm still waiting for a callback from JLR

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
Never heard of a dealer charging a premium for a missed appointment the service Sept must be pretty hard up, I'd definitely have a talk with the dealers GM over that.

Old 11-04-2016, 06:58 AM
Veteran Member
Received 10,871 Likes on 7,150 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
Never heard of a dealer charging a premium for a missed appointment

That's not quite the case.

From the original post:

"......they call telling me my total is 2700 where does the extra 200 come from and the manager told me the parts went up as I had to reschedule".

The extra charge doesn't come from the missed appointment, per se. It comes from a change in parts pricing that occurred in the period between making the goodwill agreement and now. The terms of the goodwill agreement were dependent on the parts and labor pricing at the time the goodwill agreement was made.

Had there been no price change, there would be no extra charge....missed appointment or not.

This type of situation is not unheard of. Parts prices often change. In my years of dealer experience it is usually resolved with a couple phone calls. In the end I suspect the original $2500 agreement will be honored.....and the dealer should be proactive in ensuring that's the case, IMO.

The dealer doesn't want to eat the $200 increase. The customer doesn't want to pay it, either. Both understandable positions. So it's up the JLR to step up....and it's in their best interest to do so.

Cheers
DD

Old 11-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

I don't think they need to honor the prior quote unless he pre-paid? Would be nice if they did; but if their cost went up $200 in the time that passed it's fair, although $2,500 is a lot $2,700 is even more a lot

I have had two 2010's (XF & XFR) and both dashboards were fine. I feel bad for so many people that have this issue and when there are soooo many - Jaguar should help. It's clearly a design or product flaw.

Old 11-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Received 334 Likes on 201 Posts

Quotes are valid until....[the specified date].

Old 11-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by michaelodonnell123
Quotes are valid until....[the specified date].
you forgot the word "midnight"!!

Old 09-26-2017, 10:39 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

With jaguar deprition I would keep the car in a shed for 30 year and then sell it to get any money at all

Old 09-27-2017, 12:09 AM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Injekter
ok... im a little confused.... they missed an appointment, you missed an appointment....they want the car dropped off by 10 am.....so far this all sounds extremely reasonable... why the $200 more? idk....but, i would bring my car in before 10 and be done with it Jags have crappy resale...as you know so get it fixed and let it go and enjoy your car..... ps your car is 7-8 years old....id be happy they offered to do anything
+1

Your car has been out of warranty for how long now? and you are complaining about a $200 increase in the parts cost?
That's just a few tanks of gas man....go drive a toyota.