XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Junction box situation...

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Junction box situation...

I was in the process of getting the ECM reprogrammed at the "local" Jaguar dealership in St. Louis. I had all the hope that it would be an easy process. Not so much. They connected their computer to the car, and almost immediately, they had communication errors when trying to connect to some of the modules. They gave me a quote on the front and rear junction boxes, and said that it would also be a good idea to replace the wiring harnesses to both of the junction boxes. They were also having an error when connecting to the restraint Control Module.

Granted, this car is a flood damaged vehicle from New York. The service technician was showing me all of the corrosion that was on the back of the junction boxes. I will admit, there was a significant amount on the wires, and in the plugs themselves.

I have found both the front and the rear junction boxes on eBay, at a significantly lower price than the Jaguar dealer prices, $132 on eBay versus $446.04 at Jaguar for the rear junction/fuse box. Yes, they are used, but money is money.

My question here is, are the Jaguar's VIN specific when it comes to the junction boxes and the wiring harnesses themselves? I mean, in a way I can kind of see where they might be, for example, the Jaguar I have has the somewhat uncommon option of the heated windshield, so I would have to find a fuse box that would have the option for that heated windshield... at least I would think.

Anyway, I digress. If anyone would have any ideas or other thoughts on this, I would greatly appreciate any advice or "words of wisdom" at this point. I hate to give up on this car. I think this car still has some value, I just have to get to that point. Thanks for looking.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Received 227 Likes on 146 Posts

Have a read of the attached which explains Car Configuration Files (CCF) and the VIN data stored in modules. When it comes to wiring look for the WERS code on the wiring label e.g. 7W83-14401-CE. WERS makeup is 7W83 (prefix Jaguar model, year of release to production), 14401 (basic part design number), CE (suffix - revision level from 1st release). This will indicate if it is suitable for your vehicle

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
CCF Programming.pdf (51.6 KB, 914 views)
The following users liked this post:
davetibbs (10-11-2017)