XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Just got my XFR...what a machine:)

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 08:51 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Just got my XFR...what a machine:)

Just took delivery of my XFR (Black with London Tan)..and let me tell you the best sedan in the world.
I had BMW, Audi in the past and nothing compares to the XFR.
I can't wait everyday to go back home to see it and drive it.

Old 12-15-2010, 12:55 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Congrats on getting your new XFR. What made you decide to get an XF instead of, say, a BMW 550 or MB E550? Just curious.

Old 12-15-2010, 07:53 PM
Veteran Member
Received 302 Likes on 173 Posts

CONGRATS, such a pretty car. Post some pics!

Old 12-16-2010, 03:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Nice choice, congrats

Old 12-16-2010, 07:50 AM

I traded in my BMW 335i convertible (2008) for the XFR.
Well, first I was looking for a sedan that represents luxury and sports so my choice were clear: Audi, BMW and Jaguar (forget mercedes..total crap).
Audi, I had an audi A8 (best in luxury but no sporty enough)..BMW (sporty but not luxurious)...I tested the Audi S6, BMW 550i and Jaguar XF Supercharged and XFR...and then like somebody said in this forum, you have to be in love with a Jaguar before you buy it and I did fall in love with the XFR > the perfect blend of luxury, looks and amazing power all combined to give you an amazing experience in town, on the highway or on the track...there aren't any competitors today (unless the new BMW M5 can provide the same thing).
Hope this answers your question.

(I can't find a way to attach pictures on my posts..emailed the administrator).

Old 12-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

samy congrats on the car. I totally agree with everything you said. I was between the audi s5 and the Jag. I knew it as soon as I test drove the car I wanted it. I did not have the same feeling with the BMW (M3) or audi. The car is a head turner! I went with the Supercharged black with spice interior. I did not like any of the color choices they had with the R and I got an amazing deal on the supercharged so it was tough for me to justify spending the extra 20k on 40 more horses and a sweet hood. The one big thing I noticed when I was researching the luxury cars and test driving, was price. BMW, MB, and even Audi to a lesser extent kill you with extras. So a 50k "luxury" sedan comes with nothing, you have to add push to start, nav, cooled seats, etc etc. before you know it the 50k car you wanted is over 60. The beautiful thing about Jag is it comes with EVERYTHING, with the supercharged and R the only real options are heated steering wheel and adaptive cruise (both of which I got). Have fun with the car!

Old 12-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Samy, I just got my XFR as well. I couldn't agree with you more about everything you said.

Not sure where you are located in NJ but it's good to see a fellow Jersey guy on the forums. Freezing snow today was not a great thing for my new car to see but I got thru it.......

DRJP I see you are in Philly. Did you by chance get your car at Classic in Cherry Hill?

Old 12-17-2010, 07:07 AM

Johnny,
Yes I did and I saw you got yours there as well. Sweet ride!! I actually live in NJ (Moorestown) and work in Philadelphia. I was in classic yesterday to get my snows put on, they said they had them but they only had 19". Tough driving with the performance tires in that snow needless to say I was driving very carefully with the winter mode. One minor thing that kind of surprised me at the dealer was when I dropped off my car was they told me to have a seat and wait for Enterprise to get a renta car? I was pretty disappointed as I just came from having a Lexus and was used to getting a Lexus as my loaner. After I made a comment about it the service consultant came out and gave me my salesman's car (saab) for the day. Thought that was kind of funny. I hope they dont give me some ****ty car next time I come in for service.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:14 AM

I forgot to ask did you just get the car? I think I was looking at your beauty and even test drove it. Loved the interior, but I wanted black exterior and a 2011 so I could get the maintenance package and snows. They had a black 2011 but the interior was black on black and I liked the interior you got better. Have fun with it!

Old 12-17-2010, 07:46 AM

How about we meet up in NJ sometime soon...would love to share your opinion and ideas around the XFR..I am in northern NJ (Nutley).

Attached Thumbnails Just got my XFR...what a machine:)-xfr.jpg  
Old 12-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by samy
I traded in my BMW 335i convertible (2008) for the XFR.
Well, first I was looking for a sedan that represents luxury and sports so my choice were clear: Audi, BMW and Jaguar (forget mercedes..total crap).
Audi, I had an audi A8 (best in luxury but no sporty enough)..BMW (sporty but not luxurious)...I tested the Audi S6, BMW 550i and Jaguar XF Supercharged and XFR...and then like somebody said in this forum, you have to be in love with a Jaguar before you buy it and I did fall in love with the XFR > the perfect blend of luxury, looks and amazing power all combined to give you an amazing experience in town, on the highway or on the track...there aren't any competitors today (unless the new BMW M5 can provide the same thing).
Hope this answers your question.

(I can't find a way to attach pictures on my posts..emailed the administrator).
Thanks. I myself traded from a 5 series. As one other poster noted, Audi and BMW (as well as MB, but I think the poster did not like them), the German cars are very expensive once you start adding the sort of features that are standard on the Jag. However it is how the car drives which is the key part of the experience for me and the Jag is very good and, in addition, adds all the extras including appearance (the new BMW 5 series is rather generic in my opinion and has no wow factor. However the killer for me was the driving experience in the new 5s. They were numb.....). The fact that you traded from am ostensibly drivers car like the BMW to the Jag speaks volumes. The Jag does not have to play second fiddle to any of the Germans!!

Old 12-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drjp
I forgot to ask did you just get the car? I think I was looking at your beauty and even test drove it. Loved the interior, but I wanted black exterior and a 2011 so I could get the maintenance package and snows. They had a black 2011 but the interior was black on black and I liked the interior you got better. Have fun with it!
Yes I just got it, and glad to know you got to drive it. Could you tell any difference in driving the 2? I never got a chance to drive an XF supercharged. I saw your car there as well, I liked the color combo but I don't have the patience with Black exterior

The snow tires and rims are included on the 2011?

Old 12-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by whitbyxf
Thanks. I myself traded from a 5 series. As one other poster noted, Audi and BMW (as well as MB, but I think the poster did not like them), the German cars are very expensive once you start adding the sort of features that are standard on the Jag. However it is how the car drives which is the key part of the experience for me and the Jag is very good and, in addition, adds all the extras including appearance (the new BMW 5 series is rather generic in my opinion and has no wow factor. However the killer for me was the driving experience in the new 5s. They were numb.....). The fact that you traded from am ostensibly drivers car like the BMW to the Jag speaks volumes. The Jag does not have to play second fiddle to any of the Germans!!
You are right, I even felt that e60 was pretty numb....the Ms really are the only way to go so I love the M3/ M5/M6 ....since the new M5 isnt out yet, I went with the XFR.....hopefully will like the F10 M5 as much as I loved my E60 M5.....will talk about a chnage at that time... and samy, congrats on your car, what year model is it? It looks like a 2010...which dealer did you get it from? Also, did you get your snows put on yet?

Sweet ride !!

Old 12-18-2010, 09:48 AM

Another thing you get that the other companies don't usually offer is the R Performance Academy! I've been talking to some people that did it and they had an amazing time. I'm planning on going sometime in 2011.

For you guys in Jersey, the one they hold in Monticello is convenient and the track is gorgeous too. I talked to someone that said the 2011 schedule should be up before New Years.

Old 12-18-2010, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Johnny Vig
Yes I just got it, and glad to know you got to drive it. Could you tell any difference in driving the 2? I never got a chance to drive an XF supercharged. I saw your car there as well, I liked the color combo but I don't have the patience with Black exterior

The snow tires and rims are included on the 2011?
It was hard to tell the difference driving it on rt 70, I know reading some of the posts the acceleration is not that different between the two, the big difference is in the handling with different suspension. The biggest difference for me was the look I loved the look of your car with the vents on the hood, just looks nasty, and the other thing was the exclusivity. Dont get me wrong I love my car and the color combo, just wish it had the same look with the the hood vents. As for the snows, with the 2011 I got free snow tires not rims. They (classic) said that if I got the 2010 I couldn't get the tires.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PilotRPI
Another thing you get that the other companies don't usually offer is the R Performance Academy! I've been talking to some people that did it and they had an amazing time. I'm planning on going sometime in 2011.

For you guys in Jersey, the one they hold in Monticello is convenient and the track is gorgeous too. I talked to someone that said the 2011 schedule should be up before New Years.
I attended the R Performance Academy in Florida last week and it was a fantastic experience. Anyone eligible should not miss the opportunity. It was one of the best days ever.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:52 PM

I got the snow tires (Pirelli's) mounted a week ago..they look great and they handle very well.
I just love the XFR (plain and simple)..gives all the feelings that I expect from a high end luxury sports car and you feel like you are the king on any highway..smoked a Porsche and an AMG as well.

Old 12-23-2010, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by samy
..smoked a Porsche and an AMG as well.
you da man

Old 12-25-2010, 01:48 PM

Congrats on being another XFR owner, there are few and far between. Enjoy the engine, docile when you want to putt around. An absolute beast when you stomp it..
Be weary its a Jekyll/ Hyde car

Old 12-27-2010, 12:13 PM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I have to say that I'm psyched that there are more XFR owners signing on to this site. We are few and very far between. It's also cool to see guys who have the 2011 XF Supercharged out there too. You're like our half-brothers . . ;-)

Lastly, the best thing is to see guys from Jersey that love their Jags. Awesome. I would think it would be great to get a bunch of XFR owners together (XF Supercharged guys, welcome too), drive, and have lunch somewhere centrally located.

The XFR is a really special car. I saw an interview on 60 minutes a couple of months ago with Jeremy Clarkson, and he said the most important thing that a car has to have for him is "soul". The XFR oozes soul, and while it my have a quirk here and there, it's the kind of car that you'll remember owning the rest of your life.

Quick Reply: Just got my XFR...what a machine:)