XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Just some questions I could not find answers for.

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2020, 11:42 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Just some questions I could not find answers for.

Hey all,

I just bought my second XF, this one is an 09 SC. I have been going through pages and pages of threads and found out most of the info I have been looking for. There are a few things I could find though. So here goes:

The leather dash has come up on the passenger side from near the windshield, has anyone else had this happen, is there something I can do about it or should I have a pro do it and if so how much did it cost you?

Is it possible to update the OS for the in dash unit so it's not so dated looking? If not, is it possible to swap in a unit from a newer model year?

One of the vents will auto open but doesn't auto close, Anyone have experience with that?

Thanks for the help.

Old 03-11-2020, 12:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

Originally Posted by xGrayBushx
The leather dash has come up on the passenger side from near the windshield, has anyone else had this happen, is there something I can do about it or should I have a pro do it and if so how much did it cost you?
Yep, known issue, especially on the earlier models, before JLR realized that they needed to staple the leather to the dash panel around the edges. Not sure on price to fix, but I can tell you from personal experience that removing the dash panel is a pretty involved job.

Is it possible to update the OS for the in dash unit so it's not so dated looking? If not, is it possible to swap in a unit from a newer model year?
Technically you can swap the unit from the later model, as I think another forum member has done it, but in reality not without some serious expertise and work and probably a fair amount of cash. A simpler solution would be this unit which a forum member has had fitted in this thread though they have not updated it with pics etc yet - if it works well I'd consider one.

One of the vents will auto open but doesn't auto close, Anyone have experience with that?
Not personally, but there's a bit of information about vent issues out there...

Old 03-11-2020, 08:38 AM
pab
Veteran Member
Received 242 Likes on 209 Posts

>The leather dash has come up on the passenger side from near the windshiel
Yes, as davetibbs says this was a very frequent problem on that series of XFs. There are many-many threads discussing this but they're all pretty old now.
I don't believe that a universal solution was ever found...
But search the list

==================================================
Current Hers: '13 Lexus ES350
Current Mine: '15 XF (X250) Portfolio AWD
Jaguar - making mechanics out of customers since 1935