XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Loaner Vehicles - Curiosity

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Loaner Vehicles - Curiosity

I've taken my 2012 Jag back 5 (yes) 5 times to fix door seals that keep coming unglued... very strange, but the quality of the service techs work is to blame. Oh well... Fortunately the dealer is close to my office... Okay to my point... I'm a car guy (like new cars every 2-3 years) and this is my first Jag. Like most who enjoy luxury sports sedans, I've owned BMW's, Lexus, Mercedes, Infiniti and even a piece of junk Range Rover...whenever I took them in for service I received another like car...maybe not the same model but I was driving another BMW, etc... With Jag, they gave me an Enterprise rental Chevy Impala...not to be or sound pretentious but REALLY!!!!.... I spend almost $60K for a car and you give me an Impala... Love the look of the car; love the ride; kind of noisy inside (rattles) but their attention to customer detail is horrible. Do all of you experience the same thing??? Just curious....

Old 04-10-2012, 05:50 PM
Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts

In my case, Enterprise purchased a couple of used XF's from the dealer and supplies them for that dealer's scheduled service appointments.

Old 04-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I am in NJ and my Jag dealer also gives me an Entreprise rental. I had a tiny Sentra that was like a shoe box. My dealer has a Enterprise agent onsite to give these out as loaners.

Jaguar of NA says it is up to the dealer IF they want to supply a rental/loaner or not. It is not the policy of Jaguar to provide. It is just a courtesy

Old 04-10-2012, 06:44 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 261 Posts

Chev Impala is a truly awful car, I'd prefer a Nissan, any Nissan.

I got saddled with a US built Ford Focus as a courtesy car, the old one not the new one. When I complained about that terrible car I got a Ford Fusion which in North America was a Mazda 6 but with ruined suspension and a cramped interior.

Maybe now we might get the new Focus which is excellent.

Old 04-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Brazz,

Good topic that you started by the way.

I dropped off my Navigator this morning (again a very expensive truck) and for the first time ever i was given a mazda 3 (rental). What a piece of crap that thing is.

I can definitely understand where you are coming from, because this is going to be the last time i bring the truck specifically to that dealer for service. I didn't pay all that money to cruise in a econo-box.

I am replacing the LS with a XF soon and they better not give me those matchboxes for a loaner.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

@Executive

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.... The Good news - I really like my car and my minor issues could be worse. The Bad - you will probably get a matchbox for a loaner at Jag... The Ugly - the overall service dept customer experience (for me) sucks... Did I say I still REALLY like the car........

Old 04-11-2012, 04:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks like jag is the same world wide I'm in Australia and I've had my
Jag one week taken it in to fix the seals creaking on the doors they gave me a dirty Volvo yuck still haven't fixed the car so have to go back again and we pay $120k for our cars in aus
Jag needs to train their dealers to look after their customer they are selling a premium brand
I've had a lexus 3 audis merc and never ever had such bad service if something is wrong
Love the car but need support

Old 04-11-2012, 06:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

The Jag dealer here in MN has always given me another XF (2011-2012 5.0L) as a loaner. I love being able to compare.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The dealership in Hilton head, sc gives me only courtesy vehicles which are XF's but the last time I had my car serviced, they gave me a 2012 XJL, 90k msrp. Now I want to buy the XJL...what a car..awesome!

Old 04-11-2012, 08:49 AM
Received 309 Likes on 114 Posts
Default North Shore Chicago

Imperial Jaguar uses Enterprise Rental at no charge however you must pay for gas. The first time they came from Evanston with a filthy Crown Vic and no gas. Interesting? I told the rental agent this is not acceptable. Another guy brought me another car this time a minivan and the same thing, filthy no gas. I thought they were screwing with me. I talked to the Dealer GM about it and he called the rental company and the next car they ran through a car wash and it had gas in it so I could get home. It would be advantageous to supply a similar Jaguar since you may want to trade up, but for a dealer to manage a loaner fleet like a car rental company is not practical. Incidentally I drive 65 miles from Wisconsin to Illinois to my dealer so that would be a little excessive for a loaner.

I would say that as rental cars go, I have found Enterprise to be poor compared to anyone else and I rent a lot of cars. Who rents a dirty car with no gas in it? That will keep you coming back? I contacted Enterprise and they offered me another rental in Evanston? Why would I drive 75 miles to rent a car with a quarter tank of gas in it? Not.

Old 04-11-2012, 08:54 AM
Veteran Member

Interesting and revealing that the driver of a Lincoln Navigator would think a Mazda 3 ( one of the very best cars made today, and since the early 80's actually, in one form or another) would be crap. North America always got the Japanese Mazda 3 which is the most popular Japanese car in Germany because it drives so well. Lincoln Navigators aren't even sold in Europe!

Ford of the US refused to build the European (British actually) version of the same car, the Ford Focus, and produced their own specially lame piece of crap version themselves using the same nameplate and selling only a few. Now Ford US has it figured out and actually builds the European Focus, same basic car as the Mazda 3, which is selling like hotcakes. The Focus and Mazda 3 are recognized as second only to VW's Golf as the best cars of their size for sale anywhere. The Lincoln Navigator isn't recognized outside North America.

Last edited by jagular; 04-11-2012 at 08:58 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:33 AM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Brazz
@Executive

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly.... The Good news - I really like my car and my minor issues could be worse. The Bad - you will probably get a matchbox for a loaner at Jag... The Ugly - the overall service dept customer experience (for me) sucks... Did I say I still REALLY like the car........
I have never had Jag and i am almost convinced their customer support really blows. Most of the members on the XF forum aren't happy with their service. I am starting to get leery of getting into one.....

Originally Posted by jagular
Interesting and revealing that the driver of a Lincoln Navigator would think a Mazda 3 ( one of the very best cars made today, and since the early 80's actually, in one form or another) would be crap. North America always got the Japanese Mazda 3 which is the most popular Japanese car in Germany because it drives so well. Lincoln Navigators aren't even sold in Europe!

What makes a Mazda 3 the best car ever made?

VW owns BMW, Rolls Royce etc.... it means they are produced the same? I don't think so.

I have high standards and that car is not up to my standards in any aspect - aesthetics, performance, luxury.....and, it's a status thing. Last thing i want is hopping out of Mazda. I will take a 20 year old Towncar over any new Mazda any day.

It's a lawnmower with wheels on it. Did i tell you? It actually sounds like one too.
The interior is extremely cheap and filled with plastic. Looks like someone just threw it together like Legos.

If it was best car ever made, it wouldn't cost $20,000 in greenbacks.

Last edited by Executive; 04-11-2012 at 09:40 AM.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:52 PM
wkb
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My dealership uses Enterprise. Always dirty, always out of gas. Got a call from Jag asking about my experience with the service department. Told them that my friends who drive BMW's get BMW loaners, Lexus get Lexus, Cadillac get Cadillac, etc. Plus their cars get washed. They told me why they used Enterprise, and why they didn't wash my car. Forget what the story was. I told them I understood, but I rated this part of the Jaguar experience completely average. Next time in, Range Rover and a washed car. Nice.

Old 04-11-2012, 06:18 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My Jag/Land Rover dealer uses Enterprise too....guess I'm on the other side of the coin. Pretty nice cars given with full tanks of gas and my car is washed before I get it back. Now, my other Land Rover dealer in Oklahoma (when I lived there) always made sure their Enterprise outfit stocked "premium" cars - it was actually the best dealership I've ever experienced. Guess it depends on the dealership - after all, they are footing the bill for the rental (not the gas). Talk w/your service manager about it, I'm sure reasonable adults can come to an agreement.

Old 04-11-2012, 07:48 PM
Veteran Member

Actually, VW thought they had bought Rolls Royce but BMW beat them to it. VWAG owns the Bentley name only. Bentley "technology", such as it is and it isn't any different to Rolls Royce technology, belongs to BMW. You have the slightly comical juxtaposition of BMW which made aero engines for the Luftwaffe during WWII now owning Rolls Royce who made aero engines for the RAF. Fortunately, the aero division was separated from the car division long before BMW bought the car division.

As for the Mazda 3 being one of the best cars in the World just see how many of them have been sold. They are the same basic car as the European Focus, another top notch car.

Old 04-12-2012, 07:29 AM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

The problem really is the relationship with enterprise, rather than the concept of having a third party rent out loaner of cars to the public. Enterprise is a lame company, and it especially is poor when dealing with corporate clients such as Jaguar dealerships

Old 04-12-2012, 08:10 AM
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I have a wonderful experience at my dealership everytime I go there. They use enterprise for loaners, but bring decent cars at least. Had a fully loaded impala with leather seats lastime I got a service, and I liked it. I always ask the enterprise guy what cars are available, and have made them go get cars for me before.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:48 AM
Veteran Member
Received 21,449 Likes on 8,634 Posts

I've had no problems with an Enterprise dealer with Rusnak Jaguar in Pasadena, CA. The few times I've needed one, they've been quite nice to me. The rental cars are always clean and at least half tank of gas.
The last time was in Jan. 2011 when the battery on my car died and was towed in. I called Rusnak beforehand to let them know I was coming in and they had a rental for me.
Now the dealer has several other car dealerships on the same block, Porsche, Rolls Royce and a few others.
The selection I was offered (within warranty allowance) was not too good and my frown and wrinkled up nose was evident to the Enterprise woman.
Magically, she then offered me a new XF which I jumped at. It did cost $20/day more out of my pocket, but who cares. I'd do it again if necessary.

Old 04-12-2012, 10:59 AM
Veteran Member

I think what will happen is eventually people will get sick of enterprise econoboxes and start complaining. Then, certain automakers will make themselves more marketable by offering their own cars as loaners.

It will come back around. It's all a game.

Old 04-12-2012, 11:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a 2 1/2 year old Mercedes 'E' Class that decided to start destroying its differential, yet despite me suggesting to the service department that bearings growl constantly, not just when the power was on as this noise did, they insisted it was both rear wheel bearings - which surprise, surprise they weren't! In the end up they too had to provide a loaner from their Enterprise Rental desk in the showroom.

I got to pick my loaner, but disappointingly it wasn't going to be another 'E' Class, so I picked a brand new VW Golf TDI GT. It was so much fun (and economical) that 6 months later when I returned the Merc at the end of its lease I had leased the same model of Golf I got as the loaner - talk about bad market placement by a Mercedes dealership!

Last edited by WeegieBob; 05-14-2012 at 12:36 AM. Reason: Got my facts back to front re bearing noise

Quick Reply: Loaner Vehicles - Curiosity