XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Loaner Vehicles - Curiosity

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 03:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a XF here in Tulsa, OK. I usually get a XF as a loaner car but this last time they were out so got a new XJL with MSRP of $85k. Very sweet car! They have always been very good at scheduling my repairs when they will have a loaner vehicle for me to use. Never heard of them using Enterprise here.

Old 06-11-2012, 06:47 PM

A naive question, why do you need the loaner car, is everyone getting repairs done or is this just for servicing. With servicing shouldnt it take a few hours at most?

Old 06-11-2012, 08:28 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by jagular
Actually, VW thought they had bought Rolls Royce but BMW beat them to it. VWAG owns the Bentley name only. Bentley "technology", such as it is and it isn't any different to Rolls Royce technology, belongs to BMW.
[Quote]VW owns BMW, Rolls Royce etc.... it means they are produced the same? I don't think so./[Quote]

uhh..."No" and "No"

VW Bought Bentley and the technology which was the same for Rolls Royce and Bentley. BMW bought only the name: ROLLS ROYCE. The current Rolls Royce company is a ground up reworking.

VW does NOT own BMW. VW owns: Porsche, Audi, Seat, Skoda, Bugatti and Bentley

Old 06-12-2012, 06:53 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I Bought the loaner.....

I just purchased a 2011 Black XF with 6200 miles on it. It was the Niello Sacramento Jaguar Loaner. They had to declare that it was a previous rental sold to Enterprise...rented back from Enterprise and used exclusively at the dealer. Enterprise then sold the car...back to Niello and they sold it to me for $40,000 out the door.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:28 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

[quote=2002XK8Orlando;527693]
BMW bought only the name: ROLLS ROYCE.
And let's not forget the rights to the John Styles flying lady emblem.

Old 06-14-2012, 08:51 PM

[QUOTE=Long Islander;529115]
Originally Posted by 2002XK8Orlando

And let's not forget the rights to the John Styles flying lady emblem.
Yes I worded that poorly..what BMW bought was only the Rolls Royce TRADEMARK which includes name and emblems/logos

Old 06-14-2012, 09:02 PM
Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Good news is the service was good and it was all covered (sun roof noise and door alignment)

Bad news was this laughable Scion in the most hideous green you could imagine. Hard to see the green in the picture but I would describe it as baby poo green. I laughed when they brought it around. Enterprise. I asked the gent dropping it off why they don't use Jag loaners? He said they have a few but when its busy they overflow to Enterprise.

Kids thought it was fun to take out for a spin but made me drop them a half block from the school :-)

Old 06-14-2012, 10:00 PM
Received 2,193 Likes on 1,359 Posts

Originally Posted by cwood
Kids thought it was fun to take out for a spin but made me drop them a half block from the school :-)
Dont you just hate when your kids think you are too old to be cool and therefore must drop them off around the corner

Old 06-17-2012, 09:12 PM
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

A cars a car. It's meant for one thing, to get you from point A to point B, period. Regardless of how much you spent on your car. I don't like it when people think they're are better then that. IT'S JUST A CAR. A piece a metal and plastic with four wheels that gets you from one place to another. Enough said.

Old 06-17-2012, 10:08 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by cwood
Good news is the service was good and it was all covered (sun roof noise and door alignment)

Bad news was this laughable Scion in the most hideous green you could imagine. Hard to see the green in the picture but I would describe it as baby poo green. I laughed when they brought it around. Enterprise. I asked the gent dropping it off why they don't use Jag loaners? He said they have a few but when its busy they overflow to Enterprise.

lol
I thought that mazda 3 i got as a loaner was bad. I hope you get the Jag back soon.

Originally Posted by jaglover922
A cars a car. It's meant for one thing, to get you from point A to point B, period. Regardless of how much you spent on your car. I don't like it when people think they're are better then that. IT'S JUST A CAR. A piece a metal and plastic with four wheels that gets you from one place to another. Enough said.
Not really. Nothing wrong with having standards. If it wasn't for standards, a lot of nice things wouldn't be around in this world.

And just because you care to roll with style, doesn't mean you better than the other person. If the other person chooses to percieve it that way, that would be his/her fault.

Old 06-18-2012, 05:56 AM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by GaryK
I just purchased a 2011 Black XF with 6200 miles on it. It was the Niello Sacramento Jaguar Loaner. They had to declare that it was a previous rental sold to Enterprise...rented back from Enterprise and used exclusively at the dealer. Enterprise then sold the car...back to Niello and they sold it to me for $40,000 out the door.

Congratulations on the car! Welcome to the XF club here.

Old 06-19-2012, 12:16 PM

@ Jaglover922

I'm a big boy but those comments are a little harsh... I started the post simply as a comparision between the brands of luxury sedans and how Jag has come up short in a lot of markets. Obviously, they are "just cars" but if we wanted "just a car" we wouldn't have purchased Jags....lover of Jags....

Old 06-19-2012, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaglover922
Biggest load of tosh I have heard in a long time....

Old 06-20-2012, 06:40 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Many many people feel that a car is just transportation, nothing more. They are not car crazy people like us. We treat our cars with the utmost respect, no matter what brand it is. Heck, I love cars and keep them looking new for the duration of their stay with me. Now over the past two years, I have been a little crazy. For example, in 2010 I had a Porsche Boxster ( loved it), even trade for a brand new SAAB, 9-3 supercharged convertible (traded in after 10 months because of impending bankruptcy?.but loved it), then I purchased a 2009 XF SC with 35k miles (loved it)..brought it in for 40k service and while waiting, toured the dealership and fell in love with the range rover Evogue..awesome vehicle with an 825 watt stero with 17 speakers, 5 cameras, two in front, one on each side, and one in the rear, video system..can watch my favorite movies waiting for my wife while she is at the mall, heated windshield, etc..I am still on a high and I am 64 years old. Loving life!

Old 06-20-2012, 08:50 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Come on now....even your name is jaglover, not jagtakeitorleaveit. Your wife hijacked your computer didn't she.

In my case, I refuse to drive the SUV/Crossover/Minivan/Station Wagon loaner they have at one of the dealerships here. This dealership sells Jaguars and McClarens. If I can't have a sports car, I would drive any sedan regardless of the value. I'm not driving an SUV/Crossover/Minivan/Station Wagon. It's not that I think I'm "better than that," it's the geek factor. I'll just bring work with me or have someone pick me up.

To their credit, Jaguar Dallas on Northwest Highway is the only dealership I'll take the car to for maintenance. The technicians and staff are the best. It's rare to find people who take pride in their work and set their own personal high standards. They are careful with the car, and have never disappointed me. I make sure they know I have this confidence in them. They just have crappy taste in loan cars.

The following users liked this post:
Brutal (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 09:19 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Christine
To their credit, Jaguar Dallas on Northwest Highway is the only dealership I'll take the car to for maintenance. The technicians and staff are the best. It's rare to find people who take pride in their work and set their own personal high standards. They are careful with the car, and have never disappointed me. I make sure they know I have this confidence in them.
I'm glad you have said this. With this being my first JAG!, I was wondering who to take mine too and had not heard any feedback on them or any of the dealerships in our area. I thought they all were a little snobby when it came to sales though.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Snobby was exactly my first impression. My strategy was to go in asking to look at the least expensive one planning on an upsell to get what I really wanted. When I asked to see the car, the first words out of his mouth were: "Oh, the base model" I laughed it off and he redeem himself and I'll order the next one from him, but I wasn't expecting that. Too funny.