XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Locking and Unlocking Doors

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 08:41 AM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Locking and Unlocking Doors

Hi,

I own a 2015 XF 3.0 SC AWD with 18,000 miles on the odometer.

I have a question regarding the locking and unlocking with key fob.

To unlock I had always pressed the little black rubber piece on the outside door handle once until I was instructed that to fully shut down all computers I needed to press it twice which I have been doing and on the second press I hear a beep.

Recently, when I lock the car in above manner, as I am walking away from the car, I hear two extra beeps. When I go back to car I
open the driver's door and the alarm starts sounding with headlights flashing etc.. I stop this by pressing the unlock button on the key fob.

Would anyone be able to explain what is happening? I just checked owners manual which simply states to press outside rubber on door handle once and when I do it according to manual instructions by pressing once, the problem does not seem to appear.

Any tips on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Also, a new main large battery was installed by dealer under warranty about one month ago due to problems with the Eco Start/Stop system

Old 12-28-2017, 03:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 441 Likes on 389 Posts

Double beep usually means something isn't locking properly. So when you go and open a door it's already unlocked and alarmed - so the alarm sounds. Try locking and putting the key out of range then check to see if each door is locked by pulling on the handle. One of the actuators could be jammed. Could also be fuel cap or bonnet/hood too

Old 12-29-2017, 03:06 PM
Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Locking Problem Solved

Hi All,

This is the OP writing to provide an update regarding the locking/unlocking problem I was having which got worse and worse.

Today I brought car to dealer who after checking my problem found failure of driver's door lock motor. They had the motor in stock and they also replaced an actuator and latch.

I waited and the job took about two hours. My problem appears to be resolved and overall, one of the best dealer experiences I have had. From what I have read I think that the door panel (and maybe even glass window) need to be removed to do this job.

By this morning and before I went to dealer, I would use the keyless and key fob methods which after pressing the buttons I would hear two beeps which generally means that a door, trunk or hood were ajar. No messages on dashboard about anything being open and I had tried opening and closing everything. After hearing the two beeps I made sure that key fob was far away from car. Three doors would be locked but the driver's door would open and set off alarm which I would silence by pressing the unlock button on key fob. This had previously been an intermittent problem but by this morning it was occurring constantly.

Again, a very pleasant and productive day at the dealer who was able to diagnose and repair this problem in just two hours. Everything was put back nicely and is now working fine.
Just wanted everyone to know that there are times when the dealer gets it right.

Thank you.

Thank you.