XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Look what Santa brought me (S badge)

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2012, 09:43 PM
Received 99 Likes on 77 Posts
Default Look what Santa brought me (S badge)

So I have been trying to personalize my XF SC and thought this was a good edition. Might be the first in the states. I got two, one for the trunk and other for the grill.

Attached Thumbnails Look what Santa brought me (S badge)-0ca9aa3a-cd09-4be2-8e02-6a30d43b2aa0-627-00000074168fddbf.jpg   Look what Santa brought me (S badge)-e676106c-6940-4a76-aaf2-46a62a872a8b-627-0000007408b132fb.jpg  

Last edited by chXFS; 12-25-2012 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:02 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How about some pics on the car??
..where'd you order them from ?

Old 12-26-2012, 08:07 AM
Received 136 Likes on 93 Posts

Cool!

Old 12-26-2012, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by Randy
How about some pics on the car??
..where'd you order them from ?
Car is stock right now outside of Mina Exhaust. Ordering rear diffuser, grill, and pulley next week.

I got them on eBay UK from a Dealership (Sturgess) in the description they said they don't ship to US. so I called and asked if they would. It took a lot of convincing as they said they were not allowed to ship. But after a few phone calls they ended up shipping. The badge is what they put on the UK spec Jaguar XF diesel SC.

Last edited by chXFS; 12-26-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Old 12-26-2012, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by ttboonie
That's why I said MIGHT be. I have seen them on the UK forum just never in the states.

Last edited by chXFS; 12-26-2012 at 09:58 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:59 AM

chXFS,

I was just being goofy. It will definitely be a nice addition to your car. It gives a little subtle pop to the grill when you are approaching your car. PM me if you'd like to know how I attached mine.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:00 AM
Received 85 Likes on 66 Posts

@chFXS - Either way... Super cool add to your cat!! Cant way to see the pics once you get it fitted!!

I just refit my STR with the all new "R" badges and wow for a 10 year old car those 4 little badges gave her a major facelift!

Thanks for sharing!

Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

chXFS,

I was just being goofy. It will definitely be a nice addition to your car. It gives a little subtle pop to the grill when you are approaching your car. PM me if you'd like to know how I attached mine.
ttboonie, can you please post how you attached the S badge to your front grill? I have the badges and am looking to do mine, dealer wants to charge me 1 hours worth of labor! Thanks

Old 12-26-2012, 10:45 AM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'd also like to know how to attach a badge to the front grille. I'm looking to simply add the "R" badge to mine but I want to make sure it's done correctly, so thanks for any advice/info in advance.

Old 12-26-2012, 10:58 AM

chXFS,

It's ok, I didn't mean to come off wrong. Well, now there is demand for how you attached to grill. I was gonna pm you but it seems there are others that are interested as well. So a write up would be great. I was thinking about glueing zip ties to the badge, but I look forward to how you attached.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:33 AM

Ok guys here goes it:

1) I took a piece of 3/16" (you can choose you're thickness) lexan (polycarbonate) and cut it to the shape of the S-Badge in the red/green area only.
2) I drilled a countersunk hole in the middle of the lexan. I believe it was a 1/8" hole.
3) I used a flat headed screw so that it would sit flush in the hole. (I actually had a belt sander handy and just sanded down the screw head until it was flush with the lexan, but I'm sure you can purchase a screw like that.)
4)I went to home depot and purchased what are called toggle anchors. (get the plastic ones. I believe a 3-pack was a couple of bucks.) Name:  toggle anchor.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  2.7 KB
5)Run the screw thru the lexan and then attach the toggle anchor. Only screw the toggle anchor in a couple of threads.
6)Find the area on the grille that you want to attach the badge. Once you find the grille hole that you want to use, take the wings of the toggle anchor, fold them, and push it through the desired grille hole. The wings will expand once the anchor goes through the hole. Take a screw driver (I used a portable battery operated screw driver) and tighten the screw. The plastic anchor will automatically grip the back of the grille. Make sure the lexan isn't crooked or anything before you tighten completely.
7)Now you can peel the backing off of the badge and place in on the lexan. There you have it.
8)After I attached the badge, I did go back and added a piece of black rubber behind the area of the badge that didn't have lexan backing. I added a couple of drops of gorilla glue in between the rubber and grill just to give me a sense of comfort to make sure nothing was going to move. I have driven the car at high speeds and in very hot conditions and the badge is firmly in place after 7 months.

***You don't have to use lexan. You can use any type of backing that you want (aluminum, steel, etc). I used plastic because it was lightweight, inexpensive, and easy to work with. I knew that the badge would adhere to it very well.

Trust me guys this IS NOT a difficult job. Less than an hours work total and I'm not mechanically inclined.
I hope this helps guys. Anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by ttboonie; 12-26-2012 at 11:36 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by ttboonie:
Bigg Will (10-02-2017), BritCars (12-26-2012), edobernig (12-27-2012), SugarChev (12-26-2012)
Old 12-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Love the badge. I want one or two.

Old 12-26-2012, 11:22 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Hmm, so what mods are you gonna do to make it worthy of an 'S' badge?

Old 12-27-2012, 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by wannajag
Well if the "S" stands for Supercharged and he drives a Supercharged, what mods would he have to do to make it "worthy"?

Old 12-27-2012, 12:18 PM

Well if the "S" stands for Supercharged and he drives a Supercharged, what mods would he have to do to make it "worthy"?
Haha, that's what I was thinking.

Old 12-27-2012, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by wannajag
I have a SC XF, it's just a visual mod that makes the car stand out from the rest. I like how the R looks on the XFR so its cool that they make an S badge for us guys who don't own an R.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:17 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Originally Posted by chXFS
I have a SC XF, it's just a visual mod that makes the car stand out from the rest. I like how the R looks on the XFR so its cool that they make an S badge for us guys who don't own an R.
I figured the same, already have the SC 470 horses. Isn't like stealing an M badge for a non-M BMW. How do the XFR owners feel about SC Owners copping the "S"

Old 12-29-2012, 02:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok guys here goes it:

1) I took a piece of 3/16" (you can choose you're thickness) lexan (polycarbonate) and cut it to the shape of the S-Badge in the red/green area only.
2) I drilled a countersunk hole in the middle of the lexan. I believe it was a 1/8" hole.
3) I used a flat headed screw so that it would sit flush in the hole. (I actually had a belt sander handy and just sanded down the screw head until it was flush with the lexan, but I'm sure you can purchase a screw like that.)
4)I went to home depot and purchased what are called toggle anchors. (get the plastic ones. I believe a 3-pack was a couple of bucks.) Attachment 28733
5)Run the screw thru the lexan and then attach the toggle anchor. Only screw the toggle anchor in a couple of threads.
6)Find the area on the grille that you want to attach the badge. Once you find the grille hole that you want to use, take the wings of the toggle anchor, fold them, and push it through the desired grille hole. The wings will expand once the anchor goes through the hole. Take a screw driver (I used a portable battery operated screw driver) and tighten the screw. The plastic anchor will automatically grip the back of the grille. Make sure the lexan isn't crooked or anything before you tighten completely.
7)Now you can peel the backing off of the badge and place in on the lexan. There you have it.
8)After I attached the badge, I did go back and added a piece of black rubber behind the area of the badge that didn't have lexan backing. I added a couple of drops of gorilla glue in between the rubber and grill just to give me a sense of comfort to make sure nothing was going to move. I have driven the car at high speeds and in very hot conditions and the badge is firmly in place after 7 months.

***You don't have to use lexan. You can use any type of backing that you want (aluminum, steel, etc). I used plastic because it was lightweight, inexpensive, and easy to work with. I knew that the badge would adhere to it very well.

Trust me guys this IS NOT a difficult job. Less than an hours work total and I'm not mechanically inclined.
I hope this helps guys. Anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks for this.

On my 2012 model it looks like I'll have to take off a couple bolts that hold the grille on to a body color metal top cover in the engine bay. Was this the same for you as well?

Old 12-30-2012, 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by '12XFSC
Thanks for this.

On my 2012 model it looks like I'll have to take off a couple bolts that hold the grille on to a body color metal top cover in the engine bay. Was this the same for you as well?
12XFSC,

All of this can be done without even lifting the hood. I can say that for sure on the 09-11 model years. I'm not totally sure on the MY12's.

Quick Reply: Look what Santa brought me (S badge)