XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Looking for a (close) Great Neck New York Owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2014 | 09:44 PM
|
Default Looking for a (close) Great Neck New York Owner

Gents,

I've been looking for the '10 XFR in black with the red/charcoal interior to pop into my price range for a while and it seems they have. I'm wondering if there's anyone in this area that I could beg/bribe to have a look at it for me as I'm a Colorado native so I'd be doing the deal sight unseen.

I'd rather not post the car as I don't want it snagged from me but please PM me if you're willing to help out. I do this for local Lotus cars all the time and hoping karma will return my goodwill.

Hope to join the ownership ranks soon....

Old 11-19-2014 | 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by LotusExige
Gents,

I've been looking for the '10 XFR in black with the red/charcoal interior to pop into my price range for a while and it seems they have. I'm wondering if there's anyone in this area that I could beg/bribe to have a look at it for me as I'm a Colorado native so I'd be doing the deal sight unseen.

I'd rather not post the car as I don't want it snagged from me but please PM me if you're willing to help out. I do this for local Lotus cars all the time and hoping karma will return my goodwill.

Hope to join the ownership ranks soon....
Their cars are generally clean but their prices are pretty firm from my experience.

Old 11-19-2014 | 01:00 PM

I actually bought a '10 XFR from Great Neck and I live in Calif. They were very good to work with. I had a service check the car out. As it was a CPO the only real concern I had was cosmetic and overall shape. The Service was OK. I do not recall who I used as it was quite awhile ago, 2011. I found the service on Ebay. There are a number of companies who do this. Good luck.

Old 11-19-2014 | 07:24 PM

I just purchased the Lunar Grey 2010 XFR from Great Neck Jaguar on 11/4/2014 They had the gray with 31k miles and the black with red interior that you mentioned, I decided to go with the gray because it had 30k less miles for 2k cheaper. However loved the black with red, the car is beautiful very clean I really wanted but mine was cpo and much less miles. Great Neck Jaguar is a great dealership clean cars.

Old 11-19-2014 | 07:50 PM
|

Thanks for all the information on the dealer guys - I called them today and chatted with Nick briefly about the car. His demeanor, while certainly not rude definitely wasn't the friendliest I've heard.

My plan is to offer them asking price *if* they'll cover shipping the car to me in Colorado. I'm also considering adding a warranty on it - any thoughts on that?? Gonna start a thread on that now...

I did have a member reach out that he could look at it for me this weekend, if I don't move on it tomorrow.

As I said to a friend - why can't I just be happy with a Honda Civic? It'd be so much easier but so much more boring!!