XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Looking for servicing advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 01:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Looking for servicing advice

Hi,
My XF has only done 36,600 in just under 5 years and has been serviced three times by Jaguar and twice by a third party. The last Jaguar service was a 36,000 mile service back in 2016 so she's been serviced annually rather than by mileage which (I hope) is a good thing.
Checking her service records she is due at the end of the month and I'm wondering the best course of action. A Jaguar 'major' service or, with the low mileage, a third party service. My heart is saying go to Jaguar, brain and wallet say third party.
Does anyone have any details on what Jaguars services over as there are no details on their website? Are filters and oil replaced for example?
Thanks

Old 11-03-2019, 09:30 PM
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

I had the 40K / 4 year service at the dealer in Littleton Colorado 3 months ago as I was moving back to California and wanted the oil changed before blasting across 3 states, they also flushed the brake system, replaced the fluid, added some injector cleaner and did new air filters as well as the customary rotate and balance of the wheels. Car had only 34K miles on it at the time but I'm glad I did it, the thing runs like a train, no quibbles. I still have two years of CPO warranty so it seemed a good idea to let them do it, although it was nearly $1,100 by time they were done which seems insane. I truly think that no car, least of all a high performance beast like the XF should go more than 5K miles between oil changes, next one I'm doing myself.

Old 11-04-2019, 03:10 AM
GGG
Received 16,865 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by detheridge02
...... A Jaguar 'major' service or, with the low mileage, a third party service. My heart is saying go to Jaguar, brain and wallet say third party. anyone have any details on what Jaguars services over as there are no details on their website? Are filters and oil replaced for example?
As you are in the UK it's worth considering Stratstone Jaguar fixed price servicing. It includes a free Vehicle Health Check (where naturally they are looking for additional paid work) which will alert you to any problems.
https://www.stratstone.com/jaguar/se...g/fixed-price/

No obligation to have any reported additional work done by the dealer - an opportuntiy to either DIY or use an independent at significant cost saving.

Oil and filter are changed at all service schedules. I don't have the XF Maintenance Check Sheet but they are all very similar across the Jaguar model range. Here's the XK as an example:

The main difference will be the mileage interval for vehicles serviced on miles rather than time elapsed interval. Schedule required alternates A/B/A/B etc.

Graham

Last edited by GGG; 11-04-2019 at 03:13 AM.