XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Major snow storm to hit the US

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 08:04 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Major snow storm to hit the US

Just heard it on the news, central USA will be hit with lots of snow today. At least over a foot of snow, Chicago area will get it bad.
Le Chef ! Better hit the the 'Winter mode" and report on how the car handles this much snow. If you can go through this, I sign the Dealer papers and order my XFR !!

Old 02-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

We still have mountains of snow around here. I guess my kitty is going to be laid up alot long then I wanted.. (FROWN). Enjoy the XFR when you get it...

Old 02-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on signing on. The wait will kill you but it's well worth it. I'm on the bus which rocking side to side in the high winds (25mph) with almost no visibility due to horizontal snow. What's a 30 minute commute will take 90 minutes. Snow expected to be 12-24" overnight.

Not fun!

Old 02-01-2011, 07:28 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

last week after we had 12-14" dumped in philly I had to be at the hospital early and I had to take my car because my wife was away and had our SUV. Was a little worried, but winter mode and the snows are incredible! other suvs and cars were all over the road and stranded I rolled right past them like I was in a luxury tank. Funniest part was I was coming off an on ramp saw a guy with a jeep wrangler stuck in a snow bank shoveling himself out had to do a double take as I easily blew by him. If there was ever any doubt about this car in the snow its gone. I actually feel more comfortable and in control in my car than in my wife's SUV with all seasons

Old 02-01-2011, 07:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep warm guys, and safe driving!

Weather's been sh*t everywhere. Over here in Singapore, we had the highest recorded rainfall ever last weekend. Australia and China haven't been spared either...

Old 02-01-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by drjp
last week after we had 12-14" dumped in philly I had to be at the hospital early and I had to take my car because my wife was away and had our SUV. Was a little worried, but winter mode and the snows are incredible! other suvs and cars were all over the road and stranded I rolled right past them like I was in a luxury tank. Funniest part was I was coming off an on ramp saw a guy with a jeep wrangler stuck in a snow bank shoveling himself out had to do a double take as I easily blew by him. If there was ever any doubt about this car in the snow its gone. I actually feel more comfortable and in control in my car than in my wife's SUV with all seasons
How the car will handle snow was my main worry as I'm in Montreal Canada and we get it bad from decembre to march. From what I've read the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 in narrow 245-40-20 would be my choice to survive the worst conditions. What type/brand of winter tires do you have on ? they seem very good !

Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

Let me say this once: THE XFR IS AMAZING IN SNOW AND ICE WITH SNOW TIRES. Yes, I used the word AMAZING. I have Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60's using the same size as the OEM front tires all around. Winter mode gives the car unbeatable poise and stability. Seriously, it's so easy to drive this car in the snow even up hills. There is no reason to get AWD.... It's that good.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by XFactoR
Let me say this once: THE XFR IS AMAZING IN SNOW AND ICE WITH SNOW TIRES. Yes, I used the word AMAZING. I have Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60's using the same size as the OEM front tires all around. Winter mode gives the car unbeatable poise and stability. Seriously, it's so easy to drive this car in the snow even up hills. There is no reason to get AWD.... It's that good.
OK my worries are gone...Mr.Dealer prepare the paperwork and show me the dotted line so I can sign for my XFR !

Old 02-02-2011, 06:47 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SilveRT8
How the car will handle snow was my main worry as I'm in Montreal Canada and we get it bad from decembre to march. From what I've read the Bridgestone Blizzak LM-60 in narrow 245-40-20 would be my choice to survive the worst conditions. What type/brand of winter tires do you have on ? they seem very good !
I have pirelli sotto zeros that came free with my 2011 xfsc they are oem size and like xfactor said the car is amazing in the snow better than the suv with all seasons for sure