XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Making a few XFR mods.....

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 05:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Making a few XFR mods.....

I have a 2010 XFR.

Well Ive decided I'm going to add a few hp's to an already fast and powerful car.

Making a pully change, cat back exhaust and having a dyno tune done. Ive been told I should see increases of upwards to 60 rwhp. We shall see.

Pully and tune will be done this sat (4-16) and exhaust a few weeks later.

I'll let the forum know the improvements.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:13 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

Would also be interested to know what the current rwhp is, will you do a before dyno?

Old 04-15-2011, 09:42 AM
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Hey Todd,
I would be interested in buying your OEM exhaust. I have the premium XF and like the XFR tips. Sound note may change too - who knows. PM me if you're interested. Andrew in LA

Old 04-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Todd, who's doing the work?

Old 04-16-2011, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by VetteOwner
Todd, who's doing the work?

555 Motorsports from Chicago area is the tuner and Komet Motorsports is doing the instal.

Just had a base dyno pull done today. All I can say is HOLY **** that motor is strong before and mods being done.

I have a feeling Jag is underrating the 510 hp rating.

They got 460 rwhp and 420 lbs of torque.

Even at 20% pwertrain loss the rwhp should be about 410. I mean thats a big heavy car. 20% loss would be rezable.

The tuner was amazed. All the guys were say how strong that motor is. The torque band jumped upat 2300 rpms and stayed flat all the way thru the rpm band.

Cant wait to get the mods done now.

Old 04-17-2011, 01:01 AM
Veteran Member
Received 1,068 Likes on 761 Posts

Thanks for sharing the dyno results.

Can you tell if the 460 HP measured was actual rear wheel power, or calculated engine power on the graph? Also what dyno type was it? This way I can interpret the values better.

The ECU is limiting the torque actually, which is probably why you saw a almost flat line. Just by taking that away you will gain conisderable amount of extra torque in mid range.

Forgot to add, where these figures SAE corrected or actual ones?

Last edited by avos; 04-17-2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:30 PM
Received 71 Likes on 64 Posts

I would love to find out the end result of your Mods... It sounds great..

Old 04-18-2011, 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by avos
Thanks for sharing the dyno results.

Can you tell if the 460 HP measured was actual rear wheel power, or calculated engine power on the graph? Also what dyno type was it? This way I can interpret the values better.

The ECU is limiting the torque actually, which is probably why you saw a almost flat line. Just by taking that away you will gain conisderable amount of extra torque in mid range.

Forgot to add, where these figures SAE corrected or actual ones?

I'm looking at the dyno sheet......

Its a Mustang Dyno, actual rwhp. Dont know about SAE corrected, I'll have to ask about that.

460.6 rwhp @ 6303 rpms
420.8 ft lbs @ 2656 rpms

Last edited by ToddsXFR; 04-18-2011 at 07:05 PM. Reason: added info
Old 04-19-2011, 12:38 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Good luck with the mods Todd. For now I will be living thru you. Where did you buy the parts, and if you don't mind sharing can you let us know the investment of your mods. Thanks.

Old 04-22-2011, 01:35 AM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

subscribed

Old 05-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

Mustang dynos typically read a bit lower than others so keep that in mind too. I wouldn't doubt if the cars were underrated a bit.

Old 05-05-2011, 01:07 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Can you tell us what parts were used (e.g. for cat back exhaust), pulleys, etc.? As for exhaust, how does it sound? Any droning?

Old 05-06-2011, 10:07 AM

Havent got any of it done yet. Ive been out of town for the last coupleof weeks. Hoping to get it done this next week.

Old 05-06-2011, 10:08 AM

The pully and exhaust come form Mina Gallery out of California.

Old 05-06-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by ToddsXFR
The pully and exhaust come form Mina Gallery out of California.
Thanks. I just checked their website and FYI, the exhaust listed says it's only for XF and not XFR.

Jaguar XF Performance Exhaust

5. This kit will fit the XF and XF Supercharged models. It will not fit the XFR.
FWIW, Quicksilver has an exhaust that fits the XFR. It is significantly louder than the stock exhaust, however.

Jaguar XFR 5.0 Super Charged 'Sports' Exhaust - QuickSilver Exhaust Systems

Old 05-07-2011, 12:11 PM

They do have one for the XFR as well. You are right, its not listed on their website. Its a cat back exhaust. No where near as loud as the Quick silver I'm told. More like the Arden exhaust. Just a nice low deep rumble. It however is taking a bit longer than they originally told me to get the exhaust in. Not sure why, but will be finding out monday.

Old 05-08-2011, 10:08 AM

They do have one for the XFR as well. You are right, its not listed on their website. Its a cat back exhaust. No where near as loud as the Quick silver I'm told. More like the Arden exhaust. Just a nice low deep rumble. It however is taking a bit longer than they originally told me to get the exhaust in. Not sure why, but will be finding out monday.
Interesting. Please post about sound level and quality once you get your exhaust in.

There isn't much out there about the Quicksilver so let me comment. I bought it on recommendation of the dealer sales guy but am having second thoughts. It is fairly loud at certain RPM, almost muscle car loud, and there is some droning below 2000 RPM when going up grades on the freeway. I can avoid it by going above 2000 RPM, but need to choose gears via paddle shifter to keep it there, as the programming of auto mode selects a higher gear probably for fuel economy and to take advantage of the huge amount of torque.

I had a Tubi exhaust on my e39 M5 and the Quicksilver is much different. On
the M5, the Tubi had an exotic, higher pitched wailing sound at higher RPM and was not overly loud. It almost never droned unless also under 2000 RPM, but with a manual transmission, I would never be in that range. I wish they made a Tubi for the XFR but they don't as far as I can tell (it's not listed on any Tubi website).

Most sound clips of exhausts quite naturally are taken outside the car with the car revved from idle. That doesn't tell you the full story. What is important is also to get an idea of what it sounds like under load, as that changes the sound quality. For that you can do a drive-by with a friend outside and also have a mic inside.

Old 05-10-2011, 06:23 AM

I have a 2010 XFR.

Well Ive decided I'm going to add a few hp's to an already fast and powerful car.

Making a pully change, cat back exhaust and having a dyno tune done. Ive been told I should see increases of upwards to 60 rwhp. We shall see.

Pully and tune will be done this sat (4-16) and exhaust a few weeks later.

I'll let the forum know the improvements.
Which Exhaust system are you planning to use? Silverline, Quicksilver, arden. Which one do you feel is more good to use.

Old 05-20-2011, 01:16 PM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

From what I can tell, Spires and Arden make the best exhaust kits. I want to get one, but worry that I'll regret it if its too loud and annoying. I also want the exhaust tips to look stock. Any comments on either of these?

Old 05-20-2011, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by XFactoR
From what I can tell, Spires and Arden make the best exhaust kits. I want to get one, but worry that I'll regret it if its too loud and annoying. I also want the exhaust tips to look stock. Any comments on either of these?
I know the Quicksilver tips look stock, so no worries there. I think the Arden ones also look stock from the pics I've seen. The problem is there are so few cars with any aftermarket exhausts, and it's hard to really tell how loud they are from the sound clips on the web. Ideally you need to hear them in person. And there aren't even that many sound clips as far as I've been able to find!

Quick Reply: Making a few XFR mods.....