Old 04-14-2012, 10:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Merchandise for jag

Anyone know any websites that offer jag merchandise
Having a hard time finding any that deliver to australia

Old 04-16-2012, 08:50 AM
Received 309 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Found on ebay from China

Found this pedal set on ebay from China and shipped to the US by mail in about a week. Check out this post some negative feed back regarding chrome plated brass valve stem caps, but pedals were well received.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...esories-71395/

Last edited by edobernig; 04-16-2012 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny thing is I ordered a set from the states valve stem but they are original from jag they should be ok if the sell them right

Old 04-16-2012, 10:54 PM
Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jaguar xf black
Funny thing is I ordered a set from the states valve stem but they are original from jag they should be ok if the sell them right
Those are meant for folk who don't have a Jag, but want to emulate.

I remember once seeing a couple in the local grocery, each wearing red Ferrari hats and t-shirts. Out in the parking lot, I easily found their Ferrari red vehicle, complete with yellow rims and a big Ferrari sticker across the top of the windscreen. It was a Chevy S-10 pickup truck. No lie.

Seriously, Jag probably produced a few million of those fancy valve caps before they started having TPMS ruptures. The parts counter isn't asking you for your VIN when you order them. They just want to burn through their stock. Heck, the parts counter probably isn't even aware of the TPMS failures.

It's kind funny how many threads this comes up in. Don't risk your life for the vanity of a valve cap. I know it seems innocent, but seeing one failure makes you wonder. We've seen at least two. Every rotation of the wheel rolling down the road is a wiggle of the stem. The extra mass of the metal cap increases the force and ends up fatiguing the stem to failure. Then you have rapid pressure loss of the tire. We'll warn you, but your TPMS stem won't. Just don't go there.

Old 04-17-2012, 12:15 AM
Received 309 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Valve caps

It appears there are expectations that valve caps are commonly associated with destroying wheels shredding tires off rims. Maybe CSI Miami has forensically recreated it on the magic screen but I have responded to thousands of vehicular crashes and have never seen one attributed to stem caps. However, I have seen defective or worn tires fail or other failures of tires resulting from strikes with objects in roadways and operator error. This is boarding hysteria. It seems highly unlikely that radically stressing or torquing a tire at highway speeds by suddenly unloading and loading it while racing an AMG Mercedes would be attributed to the valve cap on the wheel or could it be operator error. Obviously valve caps. Since its posted on the INTERNET it must be true, like when the engineers at Bridgestone design tires that demonstrate unreal performance that has a secondary application that revolutionizes footballs.

Bridgestone - Performance Football - YouTube

All these scientists studying valve caps. Please lets get off valve caps and get on the difference between DOT 4 and Super DOT 4 brake fluid and who makes the best oil filter on a new thread.

Last edited by edobernig; 04-17-2012 at 12:39 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by edobernig
It appears there are expectations that valve caps are commonly associated with destroying wheels shredding tires off rims. Maybe CSI Miami has forensically recreated it on the magic screen but I have responded to thousands of vehicular crashes and have never seen one attributed to stem caps. However, I have seen defective or worn tires fail or other failures of tires resulting from strikes with objects in roadways and operator error. This is boarding hysteria. It seems highly unlikely that radically stressing or torquing a tire at highway speeds by suddenly unloading and loading it while racing an AMG Mercedes would be attributed to the valve cap on the wheel or could it be operator error. Obviously valve caps. Since its posted on the INTERNET it must be true, like when the engineers at Bridgestone design tires that demonstrate unreal performance that has a secondary application that revolutionizes footballs.

Bridgestone - Performance Football - YouTube

All these scientists studying valve caps. Please lets get off valve caps and get on the difference between DOT 4 and Super DOT 4 brake fluid and who makes the best oil filter on a new thread.
Amen to that brother.