XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Meridian Surround Sound System 825W retrofit - 2012 XF onward

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2021, 03:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by John Williams
thanks John, this is great. Just below the spare wheel I have something looking exactly like that, that’s probably just a spacer that I will replace with the sub.

with this I think I have most of the info I need, now I need to source all the stuff and let the fun begin!

ill keep you all posted!

cheers,
Raoul

Old 06-12-2021, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by Turk85
got the same problem
how are the mids powered from a separate channel now?
I've done upgrade on my 2013 sportbrake. I found this crossover cable near the amp. I've changed pins in the plug matching the schematic attached in earlier posts and now i have mids speakers on separate channels.

I have fitted b&w speakers and bj32-19c164-bg amp. It's working but i can't flash it. I've tried sdd v159 and i can't get software update due to amp unknown status
When i try sdd v130 it cannot locate the updated file. How to get around it?
I've downloaded following files from server.

Does sportbrake have speakers for surround sound in the boot?

Old 09-10-2021, 06:36 AM
mrg

hello all! Si, I replaced a standard AW93-19C164-CU with an BJ32-19C164-BG. I installed the subwoofer, front central speaker and rear speakers. Can someone help me with CCF modification? I tried but it seems to need internet connection, that-s impossible because Mongoose clone...so, exists a way to modify offline CCF ?

Old 02-07-2023, 11:59 AM
Default My car has the sub but no bass

Hi, I have a 2012 facelift XF. It is the premium luxury model. The option to increase or decrease the level of the sub woofer is present on the dashboard touchscreen, the sub is below the spare wheel and a wiring loom is connected to it. I do not have an amp or speakers attached to the underneath of my parcel shelf.
please could you advise me with what I need to do to get my boot bass working!?
thank you in advance!

Old 02-08-2023, 07:47 AM
mrg

This bass was active in past? Or is just present there and never active?

QUOTE=Gavmac;2612104]Hi, I have a 2012 facelift XF. It is the premium luxury model. The option to increase or decrease the level of the sub woofer is present on the dashboard touchscreen, the sub is below the spare wheel and a wiring loom is connected to it. I do not have an amp or speakers attached to the underneath of my parcel shelf.
please could you advise me with what I need to do to get my boot bass working!?
thank you in advance![/QUOTE]

Old 02-08-2023, 09:06 AM
Received 93 Likes on 84 Posts

You will have an amp as the woofer would not work without one. I would suggest you remove the woofer & check that the speaker is not water damaged & if it is working.

Old 02-11-2023, 11:59 AM

Hi, I took the subwoofer box out and discovered damage to the speaker. Will try to find one on ebay.

Thank you both, for helping!

Old 10-30-2023, 09:05 AM
Default How did you get it to change to the meridian settings

Originally Posted by 08292
Today I’m describe how was Meridian Surround Sound System 825W retrofit made.

The thinking about the possibility of making from entry level Jaguar Sound 250W Sound System comes after was found the subwoofer wiring from factory.

From factory in vehicle was installed Jaguar Sound System with 8 chanel amp w/o subwoofer recognition, I’ll begin learning the wiring diagrams and found that in all amp’s types has the same pin connectors for speakers wiring, so the main problem is just reprogram the CCF file for activating sound system menu.

For this mod were ordered next item:

- Meridian surround speaker C2Z 22817 3pcs. (one for central dash panel, two for parcel shelf)

- Cover for surround speaker in central panel with “Meridian logo” C2Z24328LEG (the old one is so flat, so impossible to install it after the speaker installed, but possible to cut it but look no so good)
- Subwoofer C2Z 15665 (please note its the same for Meridian and B&W Sound System)

- Amp. С2D 30272 (this amp the same as for XF 825W and for 1200W from XJ and Range Rover, internal number BJ32-19C164-BG)

Sometimes additional need to order the wiring for connecting speakers from parcel shelf to main sound wiring: C2Z13633 (in my case this position was already installed in rear parcel shelf which was installed earlier)

So when all component were on my shelves, the installation began:

- was replaced amp to new one (its located under left side in trunk)

- was installed subwoofer (located under spare wheel) and plugged

- in my case the wiring from central speaker to main harness was absent, so loom for it was made in a few minutes, it was connected to connector C23-A, which locates on left side of dashboard for connecting front speaker must be use pin 12 and pin 13

- and the last one step is the reprogramming CCF file for activating subwoofer and Meridian Sound System options.

In the end got Meridian logo on main menu:

and some new sound options:

After all was done rides to JLR dealer for checking how this install is different from factory installation in sound quality, the sounds the same
I've changed everything over but can get the settings to show meridian on the screen ? Thanks