XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Might sell the XF

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 08:09 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by neogod
Don't expect the RS7's price to drop much. Since they hardly ever bring any of the RS Audis to America. The price always stay high on them and they are almost never available used. A few months ago, before I bought my Jag, and I was still looking for an A6 with everything I wanted, I test drove a 2008 RS4 with 80,000 miles on it, they still wanted $31,000 for it, and that was the cheapest one listed in the entire country. I was considering buying it. But I didn't want a car so old with so many miles. But it was probably worth the price.
I suspect that the RS7, S7 and others like them will see their prices drop. I think the RS4 is more the exception. Part of this is because I think the RS4 is more of an enthusiasts car. The other, larger cars are more for people with boatloads of money that want something fast. Once those cars are used, people with that kind of money won't want them anymore. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong. Also, as a heads up and long time audi person, there are only two modern audits I would not buy - the B7 RS4 and the C5 RS6. The RS4 has serious carbon fouling issues that rob around 100 hp in 15k miles. The only fix is to pull the intake manifold and manually clean the valves. This is well documented. The C5 RS6 is a maintenance nightmare that requires an engine pull to perform of the basic maintenance (including O2 sensors, if I remember correctly).

Old 04-06-2014, 09:01 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by caviarjag
I suspect that the RS7, S7 and others like them will see their prices drop. I think the RS4 is more the exception. Part of this is because I think the RS4 is more of an enthusiasts car. The other, larger cars are more for people with boatloads of money that want something fast. Once those cars are used, people with that kind of money won't want them anymore. That's just my opinion. I could be wrong. Also, as a heads up and long time audi person, there are only two modern audits I would not buy - the B7 RS4 and the C5 RS6. The RS4 has serious carbon fouling issues that rob around 100 hp in 15k miles. The only fix is to pull the intake manifold and manually clean the valves. This is well documented. The C5 RS6 is a maintenance nightmare that requires an engine pull to perform of the basic maintenance (including O2 sensors, if I remember correctly).
You're right about one thing, the RS cars are for people with buttloads of money who want something fast. The problem is, like the AMG Mercedes (which is what the RS competes against) is that they are pretty rare, and as far as the Audis are concerned, really rare in the states. I think they release to the states 1 model at a time for 2 years, but the last time I checked, I think the RS5 was being sold in the states. I've seen the S7 being offered, but not the RS7. But because Audi does it this way, people almost never sell them. If they do, the dealerships usually have a waiting list and will call those customers first. the cars almost never become listed. usually if they do, it's because the previous owner switched companies and bought something else. (like with the my case of seeing the RS4). This is why the price stays high on these cars. Now for the S(#), they aren't so rare so the price will drop on them, but because they are still kind of rare compared to the normal A, they too will be harder to find and more expensive.

Old 04-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Not sure about you guys, but was at a car show today, saw a RS7 there. I see some from time to time.

Here is one in case anybody is looking for it...2014 Audi RS 7 4.0T Prestige, $125,090 - Cars.com

Old 04-06-2014, 10:43 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

yeah i just realized they were out this year. I just read the supercar shoot out last month and they had it in there.

Old 04-07-2014, 01:18 PM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

They're rare but they're out there. It wasn't easy to find the exact XFR I wanted either...it took me over 3 months of searching across the nation.

There is an RS7 for sale right now just down the road from me about an hour and a half. I like the color too:

Cars for Sale: 2014 Audi RS 7 Prestige in Greenville, SC 29607: Hatchback Details - 366588603 - AutoTrader.com