XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Mina Exhaust or Muffler Delete

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2015, 02:58 PM
Received 130 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Mina Exhaust or Muffler Delete

I am contemplating on getting a Mina Exhaust for my XF, but after reading several threads, looks like it has drone issues around 2k RPM. I am thinking to maybe just replace the rear mufflers with straight pipes instead and save me the $900.

Anyone on here used a muffler shop to cut off the rear mufflers and put straight pipes in place or any thoughts on doing this? Will it be obnoxiously loud?

Old 11-16-2015, 05:12 PM
Received 79 Likes on 56 Posts

I've been planning on doing what's in this thread:
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...dified-108504/

Basically, gutting the silencers and putting in an x-pipe. Maybe when my car stops having issues and I'm able to find a muffler shop that will do it.

Old 11-16-2015, 05:19 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts

Well mine doesn't drone. got it off Ebay for $500.

Fit like a glove too!

The following 2 users liked this post by Bigg Will:
BostonKiller (11-17-2015), Jaaaggg (11-16-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 07:36 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like my Mina on my 2013 XF 3.0 and I also had Mina on my 2010 XF V8 and like it too.
I might be selling my XF and not sure it if I am going to sell the car with the Exhaust or the 22in Lexinai wheels. Frank

Old 11-16-2015, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by Bigg Will

Fit like a glove too!
And it looks like something anybody would be able to swap too. Did you have to cut pipes or did you just loosen the clamps?

The following users liked this post:
BostonKiller (11-17-2015)
Old 11-16-2015, 08:48 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bolt on kit fits perfectly. About a hour to swap. Franm

Old 11-16-2015, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by dabank
I like my Mina on my 2013 XF 3.0 and I also had Mina on my 2010 XF V8 and like it too.
I might be selling my XF and not sure it if I am going to sell the car with the Exhaust or the 22in Lexinai wheels. Frank
If you are planning on selling your Mina, I'll buy it if the price is right. I really do like the Mina and I much prefer using a quality product over doing a hack job on a car like this. But spending $900 and not liking the sound will be a waste of that money.

Old 11-16-2015, 09:45 PM

Must not be an option anymore. I can't seem to find any bolt-ons on ebay except stock.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:46 AM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by n8ertot
And it looks like something anybody would be able to swap too. Did you have to cut pipes or did you just loosen the clamps?
No cutting and it uses the factory hangers.

Old 11-17-2015, 03:50 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Look into Varex Mufflers. Best of both worlds:

X-force Varex Mufflers for XFR

Jaaaggg (11-17-2015)
Old 11-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigg Will

Fit like a glove too!

It looks significantly smaller...Is it lighter than the stock unit?

Old 11-17-2015, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by phil200tdi
Look into Varex Mufflers. Best of both worlds:

X-force Varex Mufflers for XFR
The Varex looks like the perfect solution, I am only hesitant by the fact that i need to route the wires somehow to the 12V socket in the glovebox or tap into the existing wires (I really don't want to do this). Do you know of a simple way to route the wires?

Old 11-17-2015, 02:15 PM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

I have quicksilver mufflers on mine and i think its fine. I'm actually swapping out the center rearmost resonator this weekend as i've welded in straight pipes.........

my friend has an XKR that has swapped out the rear mufflers for paramount straight pipes and removed the rearmost resonator and its MUCH louder than mine.

If you put in an X pipe with the rear mufflers ot will be about the same volume as the standard center section with both front silencer and resonator removed.......i done this on my previous XKR ......the reason is that as the exhaust pulses cross over they can flow through both silencets from each bank and not just one if u had no cross pipe........tbh though i hated it. Lost that muscle car growl and thrap that i love.........just my opinion though. Plenty of people do it and love it.

Old 11-17-2015, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by damienedwards
I have quicksilver mufflers on mine and i think its fine. I'm actually swapping out the center rearmost resonator this weekend as i've welded in straight pipes.........

my friend has an XKR that has swapped out the rear mufflers for paramount straight pipes and removed the rearmost resonator and its MUCH louder than mine.

If you put in an X pipe with the rear mufflers ot will be about the same volume as the standard center section with both front silencer and resonator removed.......i done this on my previous XKR ......the reason is that as the exhaust pulses cross over they can flow through both silencets from each bank and not just one if u had no cross pipe........tbh though i hated it. Lost that muscle car growl and thrap that i love.........just my opinion though. Plenty of people do it and love it.
So instead of doing an x pipe, you'd recommend just replacing the trumpet can thing (which I assume is the center silencer) with straight pipes?

Last edited by n8ertot; 11-17-2015 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Because I know very little about exhaust
Old 11-17-2015, 05:52 PM
Received 54 Likes on 40 Posts

So instead of doing an x pipe, you'd recommend just replacing the trumpet can thing (which I assume is the center silencer) with straight pipes?
Well it depends on what kind of sound you are after and if you are tuning for power.......an X or H pipe will give u more power than straights. But u loose the muscle car burble a little......straights are louder.....then H then and X pipe is the quitest. I'm doing straights this weekend......as i want the standard center section to flow more to my quicksilver back boxes and be a bit louder......may well be too loud.....if it is i'll delete the forward silencer and run the middle section straight through to the quicksilver boxes......i'm also getting it dynoed again with the center resonator out to see what it does to the power curve.....

Old 11-17-2015, 06:00 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaaaggg
The Varex looks like the perfect solution, I am only hesitant by the fact that i need to route the wires somehow to the 12V socket in the glovebox or tap into the existing wires (I really don't want to do this). Do you know of a simple way to route the wires?
I used a fuse tap - the trunk fuse box is easily accessible. Really easy, safe and clean install.. Tapped into the pedestrian safety system 10a fuse, no problem at all with it..

Old 11-17-2015, 06:20 PM

I took a look on the xforce USA site and it doesn't look like they do them for Jag in USA (or at least I couldn't select a Jag from the dropdown). Selectable exhaust would be awesome, so maybe I'll just call them at some point if I don't like what the x or straight pipes do.

Jaaaggg (02-16-2016)
Old 11-17-2015, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by damienedwards
Well it depends on what kind of sound you are after and if you are tuning for power.......an X or H pipe will give u more power than straights. But u loose the muscle car burble a little......straights are louder.....then H then and X pipe is the quitest. I'm doing straights this weekend......as i want the standard center section to flow more to my quicksilver back boxes and be a bit louder......may well be too loud.....if it is i'll delete the forward silencer and run the middle section straight through to the quicksilver boxes......i'm also getting it dynoed again with the center resonator out to see what it does to the power curve.....
Any additional performance would be great, but I mostly just want to be able to actually hear the damned thing. I don't get why somebody would think a person buying a supercharged v8 would want to have the engine nearly silent. I'll let you be the guinea pig and wait to hear how a straight pipe works out.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:36 PM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

Any additional performance would be great, but I mostly just want to be able to actually hear the damned thing. I don't get why somebody would think a person buying a supercharged v8 would want to have the engine nearly silent. I'll let you be the guinea pig and wait to hear how a straight pipe works out.
There have been several people who have deleted both sets of resonators and welded in straight pipes to the catback. It sounds sick. If you do a quick search I posted several videos of my exhaust setup a while back.

Old 11-17-2015, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by WRXtranceformed
There have been several people who have deleted both sets of resonators and welded in straight pipes to the catback. It sounds sick. If you do a quick search I posted several videos of my exhaust setup a while back.
The one I found was with the Mina exhaust, which sounded brilliant, but I don't intend to go that route. I don't really want it too loud. Just enough to rumble at low speed and scream when throttled, but be quiet when I'm cruising and need to take a call.

WRXtranceformed (12-07-2015)

Quick Reply: Mina Exhaust or Muffler Delete