XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Mina Gallery Intake XF 5.0 S/C installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2017, 01:20 PM
Veteran Member
Received 364 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by 801yankee777
The reason I'm thinking pulley no tune is because it's just mechanical using the stock belt and I have a warranty til 100 k miles and a tune jeopardizes that if anything happens
I honestly doubt your tune would be seen if you had a warranty issue but then Kyanite and I used to go to the same dealer for service. Unless somthing is wildly out in the tune, it's just not something dealers look at, our cars have passed the infamous CA smog check with little issue (The TCP intake always get noticed..lol), just be friendly with your Jag dealer. (Reminds me I gotta get Beer for my parts guy today). But if you do the pulley, you gotta do a tune.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:15 PM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigg Will
I honestly doubt your tune would be seen if you had a warranty issue but then Kyanite and I used to go to the same dealer for service. Unless somthing is wildly out in the tune, it's just not something dealers look at, our cars have passed the infamous CA smog check with little issue (The TCP intake always get noticed..lol), just be friendly with your Jag dealer. (Reminds me I gotta get Beer for my parts guy today). But if you do the pulley, you gotta do a tune.
The intake and pulley are the ones that stand out. No one is looking for the tune unless something catastrophic happens and they don't feel there is ANY reason for it to have broken in the first place.

Old 04-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
The intake and pulley are the ones that stand out. No one is looking for the tune unless something catastrophic happens and they don't feel there is ANY reason for it to have broken in the first place.
I'm seriously considering the eurocharged tune handheld combo it's on sale for 750 right now, I called and talked to them and with the handheld I can always go back to factory tune if need be and he claims it won't be traceable. I figure with the intake and exhaust mods I have done I'm definitely leaving power on the table just running stock tune, and it seems like no one on here has had any issues with tunes creating more power than the power train can handle and breaking or blowing up except maybe the halfshafts under hard launch.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:24 AM
Veteran Member
Received 427 Likes on 307 Posts

Originally Posted by 801yankee777
I'm seriously considering the eurocharged tune handheld combo it's on sale for 750 right now, I called and talked to them and with the handheld I can always go back to factory tune if need be and he claims it won't be traceable. I figure with the intake and exhaust mods I have done I'm definitely leaving power on the table just running stock tune, and it seems like no one on here has had any issues with tunes creating more power than the power train can handle and breaking or blowing up except maybe the halfshafts under hard launch.
Thanks for reminding me of the horrible "BOOM" I heard when it failed

But from what I've read many places, no tune is undetectable. Just depends on how hard the manufacturer wants to look.

The car is so much more fun with the tune than without, I could never go back.

Old 04-20-2017, 01:11 PM
Veteran Member
Received 283 Likes on 214 Posts

"The reason I'm thinking pulley no tune is because it's just mechanical using the stock belt and I have a warranty til 100 k miles and a tune jeopardizes that if anything happens"

Regardless of whether it is mechanical or software (tune), if it's not as it rolled off the production line, there is a chance of a warranty claim being denied. It's a gamble but the smaller pulley is just as "detectable" as very often they glow bright orange after being heated to get them on the supercharger shaft. My shop helpfully sprayed mine black after it was in place to "hide" it a little better.

Old 04-22-2017, 09:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2010 Kyanite XFR
Thanks for reminding me of the horrible "BOOM" I heard when it failed

But from what I've read many places, no tune is undetectable. Just depends on how hard the manufacturer wants to look.

The car is so much more fun with the tune than without, I could never go back.
Well finally got to take the jag to the strip this morning, was able to pull off a 12.9 after a few runs to dial in my launch. I'm in utah so corrected for altitude I would be running 12.5
Mina intake tube K&N drop ins and catback exhaust with x pipe resonator delete and magnaflows out back, I can only imagine what a pulley and tune would do I have a hell of a time hooking up as it is lol.

​​​​​​​