XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Mine Gallery exhaust & pully

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Received 142 Likes on 106 Posts
Default Mine Gallery exhaust & pully

Just ordered mine today - being shipped directly to shop who will install.

These XFR's are SO slow - needed to add to the HP a little

Actually - it's the sweet melody of the exhaust that motivated me!

I checked out some Quick Silver pipes as well, but in the end, price, sound and my comfort with Mina won me over.

Old 05-10-2016, 10:48 AM
Received 70 Likes on 60 Posts

be sure to report back on your impressions,, especially interested in the exhaust as its on my short list of modifications needed...

Old 05-10-2016, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by Injekter
be sure to report back on your impressions,, especially interested in the exhaust as its on my short list of modifications needed...
Will do!

The parts should arrive next week and the work a day later. After ordering the pulley I saw the tune thread and wondered if I should have just grabbed that for $699 which includes the pulley (but of course no exhaust - primary thing I want).

Old 05-10-2016, 11:08 AM
Received 49 Likes on 40 Posts

the gain in torque will be significant with the pulley.
They will be couples by the gain in the smile factor caused by the exhaust of course

The following users liked this post:
MarkN (05-10-2016)
Old 05-10-2016, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by BostonKiller
the gain in torque will be significant with the pulley.
They will be couples by the gain in the smile factor caused by the exhaust of course
I agree!

I really wanted the exhaust but they package them together and seemed like the way to go then my shop told me the pulley will give me the boost and I'd be happy = so that's what ultimately sold me.

Old 05-10-2016, 07:47 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey MarkN,

When did you order your exhaust? I talked to Chris from Mina and he said that the exhaust is currently out of stock for 14 days.

Old 05-11-2016, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by arvinprasetya
Hey MarkN,

When did you order your exhaust? I talked to Chris from Mina and he said that the exhaust is currently out of stock for 14 days.
I ordered and it was supposedly shipped Monday. Perhaps I got the last 1 in stock? he told me to anticipate 1 week for delivery.

Also, it pays to call them because he gave me a sweet deal for the combo exhaust w/ pulley when I told him I was an active member here

Old 05-11-2016, 01:35 PM

Well, I just got the email that they screwed up their inventory (or similar) and they are out of stock! Told me the same 14 days.....

Old 05-11-2016, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by MarkN
Well, I just got the email that they screwed up their inventory (or similar) and they are out of stock! Told me the same 14 days.....
might be a good time to do pulley and tune...sub out the cost of a pulley and that tune is a crazy good deal... real easy process to get it in too...

Old 05-12-2016, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by Injekter
might be a good time to do pulley and tune...sub out the cost of a pulley and that tune is a crazy good deal... real easy process to get it in too...
EXACTLY what I am thinking. They offered to send me the Pulley right away and I told them to hold off as I was mulling the tune offer that comes with one and then I can add the exhaust.

As a guy that knows just enough to be dangerous - I noticed with the tune kit you can revert back to "normal". Why would folks need or want to do this. Trying to understand the risk or downside of a tune. The $'s seem reasonable enough.

Old 05-12-2016, 11:04 AM

its pretty simple...you get the unit...map your ECU...then you email that to them.. in a day or so the y email back the new tune, plus your factory tune is on there as well... if you add any new stuff after air intake , exhaust they will re write the tune for those new items for $35... nice to be able to re load factory settings when you sell the car or if it should need to go in for some time of motor wrk..... i tuned my truck 4 years ago also,,, the nice thing about the jag is that they use the same hardware for their tunes up to 550 hp...so you know that your xfr is already engineered to handle it.....i must say for the money per HP is awesome...

the down side ,,,,i used to think my 600hp truck was fast.... now it just doesnt feel as fast to me ; )

Last edited by Injekter; 05-12-2016 at 11:07 AM.
MarkN (05-16-2016)
Old 05-14-2016, 08:55 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

EXACTLY what I am thinking. They offered to send me the Pulley right away and I told them to hold off as I was mulling the tune offer that comes with one and then I can add the exhaust.

As a guy that knows just enough to be dangerous - I noticed with the tune kit you can revert back to "normal". Why would folks need or want to do this. Trying to understand the risk or downside of a tune. The $'s seem reasonable enough.
You may want to go back to stock if you change the car and your device is compatible with your new car as it's married to the ecu. That way you just need to pay for a tune on your new car and not buy the unit again.

For the money you can't beat it especially considering what eurocharged is selling it for. With the pulley, tune and your mods you'll be amazed at how much more the car pulls than stock. The tune is relatively straight forward but the pulley can be a bear to get off. From what I've heard some come off easier than others. The one's that don't want to come off will bend when you start pulling on them. You then have to cut it off very carefully as to not damage the supercharger shaft. If you don't have the specialized pulley puller you're suppose to remove the rad. I would leave the pulley swap to a professional as they likely know the best way to tackle the job.

You may also want someone to help you apply the tune. It's not difficult but is somewhat of a quirky process for someone that hasn't previously done it. Also make sure your battery is fully charged and in good condition before reading/writing your tune to the ecu. It's the equivalent of flashing the bios on a computer. If you lose power during the writing process you may need another ecu...

Old 05-15-2016, 07:14 AM

Originally Posted by fastlanz
You may want to go back to stock if you change the car and your device is compatible with your new car as it's married to the ecu. That way you just need to pay for a tune on your new car and not buy the unit again.

For the money you can't beat it especially considering what eurocharged is selling it for. With the pulley, tune and your mods you'll be amazed at how much more the car pulls than stock. The tune is relatively straight forward but the pulley can be a bear to get off. From what I've heard some come off easier than others. The one's that don't want to come off will bend when you start pulling on them. You then have to cut it off very carefully as to not damage the supercharger shaft. If you don't have the specialized pulley puller you're suppose to remove the rad. I would leave the pulley swap to a professional as they likely know the best way to tackle the job.

You may also want someone to help you apply the tune. It's not difficult but is somewhat of a quirky process for someone that hasn't previously done it. Also make sure your battery is fully charged and in good condition before reading/writing your tune to the ecu. It's the equivalent of flashing the bios on a computer. If you lose power during the writing process you may need another ecu...
Thank you VERY much. I clean my cars almost daily and put gas in them too - but pay for everything else! My shop called Mina to ask a few questions about the Pulley and told me less than an hour for the exhaust and up to 2 hours for the Pulley.

Old 05-15-2016, 11:26 AM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Thank you VERY much. I clean my cars almost daily and put gas in them too - but pay for everything else! My shop called Mina to ask a few questions about the Pulley and told me less than an hour for the exhaust and up to 2 hours for the Pulley.
If you have a good shop sit back with a drink and let them take care of it. Over the years I've learned there's no replacement for experience. Most times you end up saving money and aggravation. I was very relieved when the pulley finally broke loose. Of course I was one of the lucky ones and had to cut mine off. Nice ride btw. I have the same interior / exterior on my xfr.

If 93+ octane is readily available and you plan on using it let them know as they will build it into the tune. Also let them know about your exhaust. The tune/pulley will provide the biggest price/performance benefit and your exhaust will complement it. The car also behaves like it does stock it just pulls much harder when you floor it. Looking forward to your exhaust review ..

MarkN (05-16-2016)
Old 05-16-2016, 10:31 AM
Veteran Member
Received 362 Likes on 273 Posts

I'mean sure you'll be VERY HAPPY with your results.

MarkN (05-16-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 07:28 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

I've swapped out a few pulleys for local XFR owners. If a shop takes more than 1 hour I'd be surprised. I didn't use a puller because a standard puller won't fit. I put towels all around the engine bay and cut through the pulley with a cut off wheel on an angle grinder. If you know where to cut it takes about 15 minutes. The new one slides on in a few seconds if it's heated up.

Old 05-19-2016, 06:27 AM

Originally Posted by Blackcoog
I've swapped out a few pulleys for local XFR owners. If a shop takes more than 1 hour I'd be surprised. I didn't use a puller because a standard puller won't fit. I put towels all around the engine bay and cut through the pulley with a cut off wheel on an angle grinder. If you know where to cut it takes about 15 minutes. The new one slides on in a few seconds if it's heated up.
Excellent guidance I really appreciate it and will share this experience and approach.

Old 05-28-2016, 05:53 AM

The exhausts are supposed to be back in stock Tuesday - FYI.

Old 05-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The exhausts are supposed to be back in stock Tuesday - FYI.
Haven't got any reply from Mina since last week and yet they have charged my bank account for the exhaust

Old 05-29-2016, 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by arvinprasetya
Haven't got any reply from Mina since last week and yet they have charged my bank account for the exhaust
That's odd maybe give them a call. I spoke with them Thursday and they got a partial shipment of some other things and were fairly certain the exhaust will be there Tuesday (earlier if not for holiday). I have dealt with them several times and find them to be terrific to work with. I gave my credit card # when I ordered also, but mine was never charged.

Quick Reply: Mine Gallery exhaust & pully