XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Multiple Faults on 2010 XFR - DSC, ABS, E-DIFF Adaptive Dynamics

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2015 | 12:45 AM
|
Default Multiple Faults on 2010 XFR - DSC, ABS, E-DIFF Adaptive Dynamics

Hey guys...I'm getting a bunch of faults...I have reset them multiple times with a scanner but they come back....every once in a while they will go away on there own....and sometimes after I reset them, they will disappear for the day and re-appear the next day....

The faults I get are
DSC not available
ABS Fault
Adaptive Dynamics Fault
E-DIFF not availabe
3 tire pressure sensor faults

Two codes I am getting are
P0500 - Speed sensor 'A'
C0034

Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix them? Car runs fine but I can't use cruise control and other things like that when the faults are showing....

Old 01-02-2015 | 09:25 AM

Have you checked the battery?

Old 01-02-2015 | 02:42 PM
|

Originally Posted by *Phoenix*
Have you checked the battery?
yes, I forgot to mention that i replaced the battery after it started happening....no change....

Old 01-02-2015 | 03:00 PM
Veteran Member

Another vote for the battery.
Are you still on the factory unit?

Old 01-02-2015 | 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aaron S
yes, I forgot to mention that i replaced the battery after it started happening....no change....
Hmm....Sorry to ask, but was it a Jaguar battery? These cars will act up if you use anything other than a dealer battery. My only other guess would be that either you need a software update/flash from a dealer or your ecu is taking a dump on you for some reason.

Old 01-02-2015 | 05:50 PM
|

No..it was an aftermarket battery... I would hate to buy a new battery from the dealer and it not fix the problem...is there a way I can verify this before I do so...also, what is in the dealer battery that keeps it from not acting up?

Old 01-02-2015 | 06:28 PM

You know what, I think I gave you bad info when I said it had to be Jaguar only. It does have to have a specific capacity. Here is a thread and helpful post from it with some details. If it isn't the battery I would think it's an ecu issue. Other XFR owners have had similar issues so maybe browse around here and even play with the search function and read through some threads.

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...o-works-90665/

Originally Posted by Long Islander
I know I'm a little late to this discussion, but I thought I'd chime in.

1. The Jaguar battery is covered for the same duration as the rest of the mechanical parts (I think 48k miles or 48 months). So, if you think your battery is on its way out and you're still under warranty, you should have the Jaguar dealer test it and replace it under warranty.

2. Optima batteries are good, and back when they were the only car battery using absorbed glass mat (AGM) technology, I bought one for my Porsche. It lasted over 8 years, during which the car sat unused for long periods and the battery went completely dead a number of times. I replaced the Optima with an Autozone Durlast Platinum size H-7, which is also AGM, but the specs are better than the Optima.

3. Optimas don't come in a size that fits the XF (or my Porsche). I had to make an adapter plate to make it fit into my Porsche. The Optima specs are not as good as the OEM XF battery -- 800CCA, 100 minute reserve capacity for the group 34 red top Optima vs. 800CCA, 150 reserve capacity for the XF battery.

4. I think the best replacement battery for the XF is the size H-8 Duralast Platinum AGM -- 850CCA and 170 minutes of reserve capacity (which I think is critical for the XF) and the H-8 size is a direct replacement. In my area, they sell this at Autozone for $160 with a trade-in of your old battery.

5. The battery in the link looks good, but I don't think any car battery is worth $350. And it's nearly an inch too long, so I'm not even sure it will fit.

The following users liked this post:
fabfive (01-04-2015)
Old 01-12-2015 | 12:52 PM

On the 06-10 M5 / M6s, the voltage regulator in the alternator fails almost like clockwork after a certain amount of miles, and as a result all sorts of errors like the ones you posted come up. Sometimes the errors come and go as well intermittently as well. It's a cheap part but can sometimes be a pain in the *** to get to depending on where your alternator is located.

The H8 AGM from Autozone is a popular battery as well for the BMW crowd. I just installed one a few weeks ago.