XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

My Jaguar won't start

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2021 | 06:14 PM
|
Unhappy My Jaguar won't start

Hello guys,

We have tried a couple of things but nothing seems to work. So I've been using my Jaguar XF Sportbrake 2013 car for a few year and I love it! About a month ago while driving home it basically slowed down and stopped working. It seemed that 2 injectors stopped working so I ordered new ones and put them in the car, but it still didn't start. Fuel simply didn't get into the motor, a few parts and weeks later now I'm quite sure that there's fuel in the motor. We have tested many other parts and everything should work now, BUT the car won't start. I attached a screenshot of what my laptop is showing and also uploaded a short video of the motor, so you can see and hear what is happening when we try to start the car. It usually starts for a few seconds but then stops again. If you could help me with this issue, it would be much appreciated! Honestly the whole situation is so frustrating....

Thank you for your help!

Luca

Video:

Old 02-09-2021 | 10:03 PM

What parts have you fitted? Have you measured the fuel pressure?

Old 02-09-2021 | 11:13 PM
Veteran Member

If I were a betting man, I'd say the key to your issue is the line J_14229_DTC_B1006.

A bit of digging online suggests B1006 translates to "Front center impact classification sensor" - and there's also the code above it for "Passenger Restraints Disable Switch".

You don't mention having a crash but I wonder if you had a big impact (pothole etc) that could have caused this to accidentally trip? I remember something that always used to be on the list of things to check in these situations was a Fuel Inertia Cut-Off Switch, which is supposed to cut the fuel pump in the event of an accident, but weirdly enough, this thread suggests that the XF doesn't have a fuel cut-off switch, and that it's presumably dealt with in software.

I assume you've used SDD to try and reset codes, but is there anything about resetting crash data or resetting the restraints module or something? Unfortunately I'm not an expert in SDD.

EDIT: Just worked out from the engine photo along with the particulate filter code that you've got a Diesel XF - you may have more luck on the UK-based forum where there are more owners with experience with that engine.

Last edited by davetibbs; 02-09-2021 at 11:15 PM.
Old 02-10-2021 | 01:57 AM

Try changing the fuel filter or sticking the engine fuel intake hose into a bucket of diesel
I had exactly the same symptoms in a diesel x type years ago. The filter internals had fell in a heap

Old 02-10-2021 | 02:29 AM
|

Originally Posted by davetibbs
If I were a betting man, I'd say the key to your issue is the line J_14229_DTC_B1006.

A bit of digging online suggests B1006 translates to "Front center impact classification sensor" - and there's also the code above it for "Passenger Restraints Disable Switch".

You don't mention having a crash but I wonder if you had a big impact (pothole etc) that could have caused this to accidentally trip? I remember something that always used to be on the list of things to check in these situations was a Fuel Inertia Cut-Off Switch, which is supposed to cut the fuel pump in the event of an accident, but weirdly enough, this thread suggests that the XF doesn't have a fuel cut-off switch, and that it's presumably dealt with in software.

I assume you've used SDD to try and reset codes, but is there anything about resetting crash data or resetting the restraints module or something? Unfortunately I'm not an expert in SDD.

EDIT: Just worked out from the engine photo along with the particulate filter code that you've got a Diesel XF - you may have more luck on the UK-based forum where there are more owners with experience with that engine.
Thank you! I never had a crash with the car....but the first owner had :S
I'll check the Fuel Inertia Cut-Off Switch today. I'll keep you updated.