XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

My unwanted noises.

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2012, 07:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My unwanted noises.

I got a couple of unwanted noises in my XF. Some I probably won't get rid of (like the one to my right going "not so fast!"), while others I hope can be fixed somehow.

One is the steering wheel. It started making a (in lack of a better way to describe it) grunting/farting noise when it lifts and descends the steering wheel when I get in and out of the car. It's the wheel, not me! Honest!

Another is something around the cup holders. When I drive on uneven/bad roads (most of the roads in city centre), I sometimes (not always) get a rattling sound coming from the cup holder area. Sometimes it seems to work to just keep the covers open or lay my hand over them, while other times it seems it's the rear cup holder installation (semi loose double cup holder in the rear compartment). Maybe it's two different problems in the same area?

And the last one which is most annoying is a sort of "springy" noise appearing to come somewhere from the middle (I'll check the mirror after reading other posts here) I get when I close the doors, drive on uneven surfaces, or sometimes (though not all times) when I play the music a bit loud.

Any similar experiences?

Old 01-08-2012, 03:18 PM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Hodepine
... Some I probably won't get rid of (like the one to my right going "not so fast!")
Man, if you ever figure out how to get rid of that noise cheaply, you'll be rich beyond all imagination.