XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

My XFR and Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My XFR and Pics

Hi everyone,

Okay I've now taken some pics of my XFR and added them to the garage,

After buying it 5 weeks ago now today it actually stopped raining long enough for me to try out Dynamic mode.

This is operated by pressing the Racing Flag switch for a couple of seconds on the centre console.

Until now I've only played with normal D and sport S modes

When I press Dynamic mode it changes down a gear immediately and you feel the suspension tighten.

It makes a dramatic difference, and if you combine it with sport mode as well it is absolutley bonkers fast.

I kept DSC on though as the road was still damp but I squirted it down country roads for over an hour and it behaved impecably, even though there was 510 bhp on tap it was sticking to the road like it was on rails.

It was also very quiet I had to keep checking the speed to realize just how fasy I was going.

MPG dropped to 16.5 but it was worth it

I'll take some more pics next weekend if the sun comes out again

Regards,

Steve

Old 04-04-2010, 05:59 PM

Where can I find the pics?

Old 04-05-2010, 04:10 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Dynamic mode, Racing Flag Switch ....All sound sick as well as sporty

Old 04-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Default Pics

If anyone wants to see I added the pics to the "My Garage" section of my profile

Also just added an album called Steve's XFR in the photo gallery

Regards,

Steve

Old 04-05-2010, 10:20 AM
Default XFR Pics

For anyone who wants to see I just found out I can also post them like this

Name:  DSCF0060b.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  76.1 KB

Name:  DSCF0050b.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  55.3 KB

Name:  DSCF0053b.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  55.5 KB

Name:  DSCF0063b.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  59.1 KB

Regards,

Steve

Old 04-23-2010, 09:37 AM
Veteran member
Received 1,151 Likes on 753 Posts

diggin the

Old 04-23-2010, 06:04 PM

whats wrong with the steering wheel and dash :-/ It looks like it was assembled backwards!

LOL, jk

VERY nice car! I really like the looks of the XF's!

Old 05-18-2010, 09:05 PM

Hey I'm new to the forum and I'm totally in the market for the XF. Your pics are killing me. Beautiful ride man!

Old 05-21-2010, 04:17 PM

Thanks Lexlaw,

I must admit though metallic black is a pig to keep clean,

But I can't keep out of it, even after a 3 months I keep finding any excuse to go for a spin

Now I'm looking to personalise it some more with chrome tail pipe finishers

I'm also looking into the cost of having the illuminated tread plates fitted, they look cool at night

Wish I'd ordered them when I bought the car,

Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jagowner100
Thanks Lexlaw,

I must admit though metallic black is a pig to keep clean,

But I can't keep out of it, even after a 3 months I keep finding any excuse to go for a spin

Now I'm looking to personalise it some more with chrome tail pipe finishers

I'm also looking into the cost of having the illuminated tread plates fitted, they look cool at night

Wish I'd ordered them when I bought the car,
LOL I love looking for excuses to drive my car. My wife just laughs at me like whatever. Chrome tails would be a great mod to further accentuate the chrome on your black car. Your car is so Boss as it is though. As for illuminated sills, def look into that. MY SC430 came standard with them and its great for curb appeal at night. You won't regret that mod......If you don't mind, I've been collecting pics here and elsewhere online for my XF folder and haven't seen too many shots of the Ambient lighting on the door or nite pics of the blue LED interior. Can you please post some interior shots?? As gorgeous as the exterior of this car is, the interior is just as sexy. Thanx in advance.

Old 05-15-2012, 10:51 PM

Has anyone figured how to wire the illuminated
Tread plates to the blue accent lighting on the doors??

I would like the tread plates to stay on when the accent
lighting goes on at night, etc....

From what I understand they typically shut off
after the door closes.

Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 AM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

I must add to this thread. I also used all the variants of modes on my XFR. I personally do not see big changes in any mode but I do see how the car reacts. I do not use S mode as it hangs in gear to long for public road ways but it can be very usefull for back street twistsy's for sure. I was warned not to turn DCS all the way off and have it in Dynamic mode and driving it hard. I feel this is the best way for me as I have 85% control over the car without the car telling me what to do. To me this car is still to graefull and has great balance just like a big cat would. Each shift is smooth to.not clunky like my other cars were( GTR, E63,M6), it just shifts fast and smoothly. I just prefer the paddles to be on the colum vs the wheel.

Old 05-28-2012, 12:41 PM
Cool Illuminated Tread Plates and Paddles

Hi everyone, not been on the forum for a while...

In response to the last two threads,

I had the illuminated tread plates fitted by my local main dealer about 18 months ago, I bought the kit and downloaded the pdf instructions but the wiring was a nightmare, parts of the dash had to come out, if it was plug in and go I'd have done it myself, but anyway the kit was approx £300.00 ish and fitting was an hours labour well worth it in my opinion.
Also yes they are designed to come on and go off with the interior lights and look great with blue lighting at night when you step in.
I guess at a push they could be wired to come on with the side lights instead to stay on but can't see the point as you can't see them with the doors closed anyway.

Regarding driving modes can I say I love paddle shifting at speed through bends as the auto box is not that responsive, tip...in dynamic mode you can stack the gears down into a bend and it'll deliver them at exactly the right timing.

For instance hit a bend at speed, knock her down 2 or even 3 gears it'll select exactly the right one for the speed and as you slow she'll shift down again and you can floor it out of the bend tapping the right paddle to shift up and the gear changes are like lightning,

Try it in auto and then go back and do it manually with paddles, it's astonishing how much quicker it really is in manual.

I agree with Big Cat totally on DSC and Dynamic modes but you say you would prefer the paddles on the steering column, why???

You need them on the steering wheel to turn with the wheel so you so you can keep your fingers on them at all times when using them, that's the whole point, other manufacturers have fallen foul of this, such as Aston Martin.

But anyway I can't belive it's nearly 3 years old already and due for it's first mot in two weeks...

Not sure whether to chop it in for another one or wait a bit,

I do like the new daylight running lights in the front headlights but apart from that and a subtle change on the rear lights it's exactly the same car, hmmmmm....

Old 05-28-2012, 07:24 PM
Veteran Member
Received 357 Likes on 174 Posts

^ I just find it much easier for myself when making lots of turns to find the up and down paddle on a road course or windy roads that require more than a 90 degree whell rotation. When the wheel spins from left to right and right to left and back and forth you can easily forget which paddle is up and down shift.

Old 05-28-2012, 11:04 PM
Received 52 Likes on 37 Posts

beautiful car. TC