XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Need help ! back trunk would only open by the key.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 12:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need help ! back trunk would only open by the key.

Hi, everyone! Right now, I own a 2009 Jaguar XF PL. The issue is the back trunk will only open with the key button or the button under the steering wheel. The button in the back isn't working. Could anyone help? Thanks !

Old 05-17-2017, 01:02 PM
GGG
Received 16,865 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Welcome to the forum Galahad Sean,

I've deleted your duplicate post of this question from General Tech Help. Do NOT MULTIPLE POST the same question in different forums. This is the correct place to post technical questions about your model.

Please follow this link New Member Area - Intro a MUST - Jaguar Forums - Jaguar Enthusiasts Forum to the New Member Area - Intro a MUST forum and post some information about yourself and your vehicle for all members to see. In return you'll get a proper welcome and some useful advice about posting to the forum.

Graham

Old 05-17-2017, 01:16 PM
GGG
Received 16,865 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Members with this model will know better than I do but just to eliminate settings before considering possible faults - is the vehicle in Valet Mode? This is from the XF Owner's Handbook:

Need help ! back trunk would only open by the key.-x250-valet-mode.jpg
(click on the image to enlarge it)

I only ask the question because Valet Mode disables the lock button on the rear hatch of my XK and Jaguar tend to copy design features across a number of models.

Graham

Old 05-17-2017, 02:35 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Thanks

Dear Graham,
Thank you for your helping, I used to have a different account long times ago. Sorry for totally forgotten the rule of the forum. I will try to follow the instruction you showed after work. Thank you!
With Regards,
Sean Galahad.

The following users liked this post:
GGG (05-17-2017)
Old 05-18-2017, 06:30 AM
Veteran Member
Received 204 Likes on 156 Posts

You may have a break in the wiring that runs to the trunk switch. Others have reported broken wires in the wiring harness where it flexes due to opening and closing the trunk.

Old 05-19-2017, 03:23 PM
Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I have the wiring harness problem the moment, you can pull the boot that contains the wiring harness between the car and the trunk and have a look at the wires.

My 2010 gives a trunk open warning at the moment, the car will not allow itself to be locked when the warning is on...so its a bit of a problem. Jag told me there's an updated harness that's a bit more flexible and apparently there's a bulletin out there on the subject.

I didn't do any looking around for the harness...too man things to do...I just paid Jag a disgusting amount to order it in...