XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New to jaguar and want some general idea on a xf 2011

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 09:52 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New to jaguar and want some general idea on a xf 2011

Well hello everyone I'm thinking of getting a 2011 xf and would like to know what are any common issues with the car ex. Engine or electronic?

What will the maintenance cost and how often will I have to nurture it hahaha but anyways and are parts cheap or affordable or excruciatingly expensive?

The car itself has around 55k miles on it she's a beauty but I don't want to end up shooting myself in the foot.

Well thank you for your time and again she's so dam f#*+=!@ beautiful

Old 02-03-2017, 11:18 AM
Received 109 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Manuel Jimenez
Well hello everyone I'm thinking of getting a 2011 xf and would like to know what are any common issues with the car ex. Engine or electronic?

What will the maintenance cost and how often will I have to nurture it hahaha but anyways and are parts cheap or affordable or excruciatingly expensive?

The car itself has around 55k miles on it she's a beauty but I don't want to end up shooting myself in the foot.

Well thank you for your time and again she's so dam f#*+=!@ beautiful
A 2011 XF is a very fine car and you will not be sorry as long as the previous owner was not an idiot. Maintenance is more expensive than for a Ford or Dodge but not bad compared to Jaguar's competition. Oil changes (15,000 miles or 1 year) run 200 or more at a dealer, about half that at an independent. Brakes are quite expensive and may need replacement more often than you are used to. Quality and reliability are excellent, even better than the German luxury performance brands. That being said, say your prayers every night for the health of your water pump. My original one is still going strong but many others have not been so lucky. You ask about parts. No worse than the other luxury imports (but not much better either), factory parts costs are indeed "excruciatingly expensive." Once behind the wheel and driving it will make you forget completely what any of it costs.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:26 AM
Veteran Member
Received 206 Likes on 189 Posts

1) the leather dash is known to bubble and start coming apart. Dealership wants $3-4k to repair
2) a lot of cars experienced differential issues. approx $10k cost to repair
3) overhead map lights are VERY sensitive, will turn on/off sporadically. replacing with LED's will fix that - $40-50 fix
4) gas - these cars are very thirsty and the V8's are addictive to drive hard - $priceless

Do a quick search for those and you can read lots of information about those issues.

Old 02-03-2017, 04:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

I had a 2011. Maintenance is expensive. So is the insurance. If you can take on those two non-negotiables plus your car payment, then you will be relatively happy in the car. The styling is still relevant and you get alot of car for the money. The problem is..... you get alot of car for the money, meaning that the upkeep is vital.

Old 02-03-2017, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by carzaddict
1) the leather dash is known to bubble and start coming apart. Dealership wants $3-4k to repair
2) a lot of cars experienced differential issues. approx $10k cost to repair
3) overhead map lights are VERY sensitive, will turn on/off sporadically. replacing with LED's will fix that - $40-50 fix
4) gas - these cars are very thirsty and the V8's are addictive to drive hard - $priceless

Do a quick search for those and you can read lots of information about those issues.
1. Don't park in the hot sun without a shade and you will avoid the problem.
2. This is actually quite rare, especially by the 2011 model year.
3. This problem of earlier models was completely fixed before 2011.
4. 27 mpg on the highway does not strike most of us as being that bad in a 400 hp car with this level of luxury.

Old 02-03-2017, 11:27 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Swimref
3. This problem of earlier models was completely fixed before 2011.
4. 27 mpg on the highway does not strike most of us as being that bad in a 400 hp car with this level of luxury.

Actually, My 2011 had this issue. It only happened when it was cold outside (winter). It was problem with the board. Had to take it in for service for an R&R, but for me the car was still under platinum service warranty, so it was free. He may be looking at a $400 service bill.

27 MPG is a unicorn that poops flavored swirl ice cream. You might get 27 if you live next to a freeway on ramp and your destination is located about 50 miles away and is right after a freeway off-ramp...hahahaha...

...these cars ain't cheap to maintain dude.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:07 AM

As I said, 27 on the highway. When driving hard in "S" and Dynamic Mode on a twisty mountain road you will be in the mid teens at best. Overall, I get about 23. I certainly never said these cars are cheap to maintain. Especially if you are used to Detroit iron the prices for maintenance, parts, or repairs on a Jag will stun you, even though every competing brand is at least as bad if not worse. For me, the biggest hit is on brakes. Particularly if driven hard these cars go through brakes very fast and the cost is very high.

Old 02-04-2017, 10:11 AM
Veteran Member

+1 on the brakes and ++1 on the average mpg....I think the OP hasn't chimmed in on what he has heard so far. Do you think he got scared?