XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New member and first impressions

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2011, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member and first impressions

Hello all, I'm a new member and just acquired a 2010 XF Supercharged. Wow! What a car! I love it. Here are a few impressions after four days of ownership:

PROS:

The power is amazing. The heft of this car is no match for the power of the engine. The engine is quite refined, however. It's quiet when driven responsibly, but makes a delicious sound when you stomp on it.

The look is second to none for a four door sedan. Sleek and sexy, but still practical. As everyone here knows, people stop and stare. It is somewhat of a "sleeper". Unlike an XFR there's not much to indicate what's under the hood, and I like that. Except for the 20" wheels and "Supercharged" badge on the trunk, it's a respectable member of the motoring community

The brakes are enormous! Did they get these off a truck?

Handling is great. I'm not a racing enthusiast, but I've never been in a car that is so responsive when you need it to be, but is tolerant of bumps and potholes.

I love all the interior features: The B&W sound system is great, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, navigation system... the list goes on and on. My previous car was a 97 Lexus SC400, which had none of these gadgets, so I guess I'm easily impressed.

CONS:

Nothing major to report here, but a few things I need to get used to:

The throttle is taking some time to get used to. It takes a little more pedal to get the car going, then lurches forward. I guess my foot needs to learn the power curve.

The brakes are the same way, at least in stop and go positions. I suppose they're designed to stop this heavy car on a dime, which means they're finicky at slower speeds?

Reputation for reliability? I'm a little concerned that Jaguar doesn't have a great reputation for reliability, but so far my car has been flawless. But it's hard to shake the feeling that something might break soon.

The navigation system is slow as some have reported, but it's not a big deal. It just "lags" a little bit. I doesn't bother me like some others have reported, though.

The wheels/tires look great, but I'm not looking forward to spending $1000+ on new rubber every year. But I'm sure it will be worth it for the grip and handling.

Fuel mileage. Yeah, I know I bought a supercharged V8. The smiles/gallon makes up for it, though.

Well that's about it. I have no regrets over this purchase. I look forward to driving it every day.

Old 03-16-2011, 04:29 AM
Veteran Member
Received 639 Likes on 441 Posts

Thanks for the review , have many happy safe miles . You can check in other threads to exchange the info as well if you like .