Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts
Old 09-26-2013, 07:26 PM
DPK
Veteran Member
Received 531 Likes on 390 Posts
Old 09-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

I have seen a LOT more Jaguar commercials lately than I have in the past. They have really stepped up their marketing this year.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:56 PM
Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts

Agreed they have stepped up their advertising in a big way, but this commercial drives me crazy. What does it tell you about adaptive dynamic technology? Nothing! Its like that Microsoft Surface commercial where it is just people clipping the keyboard into the tablet. Congratulations, tell me something about the product now!

I love my car, but it feels as if the company is a poorly run start-up. For instance, I get two annual service reminders for my car - one from the dealer I bought it from and one from where I get it serviced. I brought my car into the service dealer 6 months after I bought it and they told me the car had missed its annual service and that they had done it for me. Well, the selling dealer had done it but the service dealer couldn't see it in their system. So now I get a service reminder every 6 months. I suppose, if I wanted to, I could get two annual free services as one dealership's service never appears to the other. That seems crazy! Likewise, my car is Jaguar select certified, but the service dealer tells me it isn't. Jaguar sends me reminders about the benefits of my car being select certified. The lack of systems integration is astounding. That and the other customer service issues (remember the XFR-s buyback thread) make me think Jaguar just needs someone to go in there and straighten things up with the service aspect. The product is great but the company seems disorganized. And then there was that win a weekend with the F-Type promotion. I don't know about anyone else, but a weekend driving the car doesn't get me terribly excited about it. Frankly, I would probably turn it down if I won. Who has time to get away from family, everyday life, and other things to go drive a nice car, but nothing spectacular, for two days? Give one away - that will get me excited. Sorry for the rant, I just feel as if things could be done so much better.

I half jokingly am thinking of demanding out of frustration that they hire me to set things straight at corporate.

Old 09-26-2013, 11:41 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Some of the new Jaguar commercials are even a bit silly and embarrassing and totally miss the mark as far as providing any useful info or do anything to make you want to try one out. I think they need to switch advertising tactics or find a new advertising company.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:14 AM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by caviarjag
Agreed they have stepped up their advertising in a big way, but this commercial drives me crazy. What does it tell you about adaptive dynamic technology? Nothing! Its like that Microsoft Surface commercial where it is just people clipping the keyboard into the tablet. Congratulations, tell me something about the product now!

I love my car, but it feels as if the company is a poorly run start-up. For instance, I get two annual service reminders for my car - one from the dealer I bought it from and one from where I get it serviced. I brought my car into the service dealer 6 months after I bought it and they told me the car had missed its annual service and that they had done it for me. Well, the selling dealer had done it but the service dealer couldn't see it in their system. So now I get a service reminder every 6 months. I suppose, if I wanted to, I could get two annual free services as one dealership's service never appears to the other. That seems crazy! Likewise, my car is Jaguar select certified, but the service dealer tells me it isn't. Jaguar sends me reminders about the benefits of my car being select certified. The lack of systems integration is astounding. That and the other customer service issues (remember the XFR-s buyback thread) make me think Jaguar just needs someone to go in there and straighten things up with the service aspect. The product is great but the company seems disorganized. And then there was that win a weekend with the F-Type promotion. I don't know about anyone else, but a weekend driving the car doesn't get me terribly excited about it. Frankly, I would probably turn it down if I won. Who has time to get away from family, everyday life, and other things to go drive a nice car, but nothing spectacular, for two days? Give one away - that will get me excited. Sorry for the rant, I just feel as if things could be done so much better.

I half jokingly am thinking of demanding out of frustration that they hire me to set things straight at corporate.

caviarjag,

I agree with your sentiment. I go through the same thing with the dealer. The dealer that I bought the car from keeps sending letters and emails saying that I've been missing services (because I get it serviced at another dealer). They want to know if I still own the car or have sold it because nothing is in their system, despite that fact that I've even gotten warranty work done. I've never experienced that with another brand. If you get it serviced at any Jaguar dealership, it should be in the system.

Also, with these silly commercials, it's like all they want to focus on is the car's engine performance (donuts and figure 8s? Really?). Whereas with the other competitive brands you at least learn something about technological improvements. I just feel that when you're talking about $100k vehicles, they should have it all.

Last edited by ttboonie; 09-27-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:14 AM
Veteran Member
Received 331 Likes on 235 Posts

Jaguar commercials are not different from the German competition. They are just creating awareness with their commercials. Most of the public still don't know what Jaguars look like these days. The car looks really sharp in it. It exhibits it's beautiful design, which is the gate to desirability.

Mercedes has their cars driving through concrete walls - still haven't figured that one out.

The following users liked this post:
DPK (09-27-2013)
Old 09-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Received 169 Likes on 120 Posts

That and their commercials are a little deceptive. For instance the new XFR commercial with the younger guy in it. The entire commercial is about the XFR. At the end, it displays a lease option of like $399/mo with the fine print that it is the 2.0t. You are definitely not getting into a new XFR for $399 ha

Old 09-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

I agree with WRX's post....that is really deceptive and consumer fraud because the commercial is specific to the XFR, but the offer is for a 4 cylinder base model. Can't do that.... if the commercial mentioned the XF, BUT showed an XFR, then it's ok...

For any Jaguar executives that may perusing this site, your in-house attorneys, that were recruited from the big firms with fancy pedigrees, have let you down and aren't doing their job.

PM me if you want a bright attorney who is rabidly passionate about the brand, and knows enough not to air a commercial that is blatant consumer fraud.