XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New XF Owner with a question about accessories

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New XF Owner with a question about accessories

First and foremost, love my 2011. Picked it up last week and it is everything I hoped for.
I do find that the trunk is very slippery and a trip to the grocery store had bags sliding all over the place.
My previous car had a cargo net which Jaguar does not seem to offer. I do plan to buy a Trunk Utility Mat, which should help give a little grip, but wondered if any of you have tried the Collapsible Cargo Carrier.
My dealer does not stock them, will order it for me, but I would be required to buy it. I want to know how big it is, how it locks down etc, but can't find any info.
Any help would be appreciated.
Oh, and another thing. There is no Sunglass holder/compartment. Where the hell do you all put your sunglasses!

Old 11-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I got a cargo net for a 7 series BMW from the BMW dealer. There are four hooks/loops inside the trunk on which to fasten it.

My sunglasses go in the glove box or door pocket.

Old 11-26-2011, 09:01 AM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Sunglasses

I do not allow the consumption of liquids in my car , so the double cup holder internal holder comes out and leaves the perfect spot for my sunglasses (this is possible in my 2010 MY, not sure about other model years).

Old 11-26-2011, 09:38 AM
CP1
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Couple 4' bungee cords. Had to make them shorter, though.

Name:  20111126_093436.jpg
Views: 241
Size:  39.5 KB

Old 11-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

I have the collapsible cargo carrier. It is very good, but pricey like all factory accessories. It has sturdy handles for lifting in and out of the trunk. When not in use it folds flat. It has nifty Velcro secured dividers with basically infinite options to divide the space. It has a grippy rubber bottom surface that stays put when the carrier is loaded with anything slight heavy. When empty it slides around the trunk floor as there are no tie downs and nowhere to tie any on.

On balance it is an excellent design and stays put when in use with anything that might need to not slide around. Light stuff like a coat or pair if shoes will not be heavy enough but, so what? Sliding around doesn't hurt anything though the rubber bottom is grippy enough that the trunk carpet shows the effects of the sliding

Another options include an aftermarket folding nylon carrier with hook Velcro patches to grip the carpet. These will zip closed and ave packets but no dividers. I have a couple of these in other cars and by work fine at a third the cost.

I prefer my Jaguar carrier for style and function. The rubber trunk liner is a tad ugly but very practical if you carry scruffy stuff frequently. My dealer ordered one for me by mistake and I thought it looked very Volvo when they tried it for fit. I sent it back.

Last edited by jagular; 11-26-2011 at 10:01 AM.
The following users liked this post:
theesir (11-28-2011)
Old 11-26-2011, 04:27 PM
Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

We use a Highland Space Master Soft Sided Organizer. It is large enough to carry the sort of loose stuff you tend to have in your trunk e.g. flashlights, map books, seat protectors (for our dogs), emergency compressor etc. The bottom has velcro strips that stop it sliding about (they can be covered) and it is equipped with partitions and handles. It has proved very handy and works well. It does not seem to slide around and it protects the contents very well. We purchased it from the ubiquitous supplier of everything, Amazon.

theesir (11-28-2011)
Old 11-26-2011, 04:58 PM
Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

OP - You mentioned you had a cargo net in your previous car. If you don't care about compartments, try the floor cargo net for the XJ. Hooks to the floor hooks and is far cheaper that the collapsible unit.

https://www.jaguarparts.com/catalog/...oducts_id=1161

Need4Spd (11-26-2011)
Old 11-26-2011, 09:32 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by duke_dallas
OP - You mentioned you had a cargo net in your previous car. If you don't care about compartments, try the floor cargo net for the XJ. Hooks to the floor hooks and is far cheaper that the collapsible unit.

At $17.99, that's a great deal.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

A simple fix that's worked for me is a thick black bath towel (or 2), folded or hemmed to fit. Have done this in my last 3 Jaguars, stuff doesn't slide on them, suitcases roll on them (as long as they're folded neatly), once spread flat they stay in place, if you put in something with a sharp edge it doesn't cut the felt liner, you can clean the trunk by pulling them out and shaking them...

Old 11-28-2011, 12:29 PM

thanks for the suggestions. The towel idea is definetely a good one. In my old car I had a cargo net that was vertical and attached side to side about 2 feet from the trunk opening itself. This allowed me to put groceries there, even a propane tank if I needed to go fill it without it rolling around the trunk. The ideas of a "flat" net are good, and it would work in my propane tank example, but the groceries don't need to be strapped down.
The cargo carrier may be the solution I am looking for. I wish I knew what the plastic clips shown here in a picture (https://www.jaguarparts.com/catalog/...rgoCarrier.jpg) are intended to be clipped TO!

Old 11-28-2011, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by whitbyxf
We use a Highland Space Master Soft Sided Organizer. It is large enough to carry the sort of loose stuff you tend to have in your trunk e.g. flashlights, map books, seat protectors (for our dogs), emergency compressor etc. The bottom has velcro strips that stop it sliding about (they can be covered) and it is equipped with partitions and handles. It has proved very handy and works well. It does not seem to slide around and it protects the contents very well. We purchased it from the ubiquitous supplier of everything, Amazon.
This looks to be a great inexpensive solution to try out. Thanks!

Old 11-28-2011, 06:27 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

Those clips match the other half of each clip on the other side of the carrier, they clip together when the unit is folded flat to keep it that way. It would be feasible to make up a set of straps to clip into these and connect to the tie down rings in each corner of the trunk, but that is not part of the design.

Old 11-25-2013, 07:56 PM
Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Cargo Net - 2011 Jaguar XF

I have been looking around this forum and the internet for a cargo or trunk net for my 2011 XF. I was wondering if anyone could confirm if the cargo net/trunk net will fit my XF. Although there is some discussion around this topic, there doesnt appear to be a definitive answer. The former post referred this link

Many thanks.