XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

New XF > Press JaguarVoice Button > Nothing

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2011, 02:31 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had my 11 XF SC for 3 day's now and I'm gonna raise a stink too...
No notice that it has been disabled... Was setting up stations etc inteh driveway and couldnt make it work. Found this thread, wil keep you updated...

Old 08-01-2011, 03:53 PM
Received 973 Likes on 644 Posts

Originally Posted by MA_XF_SC
I've had my 11 XF SC for 3 day's now and I'm gonna raise a stink too...
No notice that it has been disabled... Was setting up stations etc inteh driveway and couldnt make it work. Found this thread, wil keep you updated...
Welcome to the Forum! I think you'll find a helpful bunch of folks here.

I wouldn't get too huffy with the dealer, just ask that they reactivate the Voice Features. If they are unaware of all this, kindly ask if they would call the Jaguar Technical people and ask them. They will explain to them how to do it.

Cheers,

Old 09-09-2011, 11:45 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in same boat. My 2011 XF Prem has VIn ending in 95375.

Service advisor and salesperson acted like they had no idea what I was talking about. Service advisor told me it was deactivated because car could just shut off. huh?

Has anyone specifically had the voice control reactivated by dealer? If so, please tell me exactly what I should tell dealer? I used this function on my last car routinely for making phone calls. I really don't need to be able to control the NAV or music functions with it.

I think it's the safest way to make a phone call while driving and value it's function quite a bit.

Thanks.

Last edited by chekraze; 09-09-2011 at 11:49 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 05:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just ask them to reenable it. Mine did it no problem. Also had them turn off paddles in drive so wife wouldn't keep hitting them . They had no issues and are very helpful.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:08 AM

Does it matter what VIN # I have as far as them being able to re-enable the voice?

Just ask them to reenable it. Mine did it no problem. Also had them turn off paddles in drive so wife wouldn't keep hitting them . They had no issues and are very helpful.

Old 09-11-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by chekraze
Does it matter what VIN # I have as far as them being able to re-enable the voice?
As of right now, this can be turned off or on on any XF. It's possible they could take that away from us, but have not as yet.

Cheers,

Old 09-12-2011, 03:20 PM

Turn off paddles? Mine are only active in Sport mode. Not in Drvie.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:40 PM
Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by JB Haber
Turn off paddles? Mine are only active in Sport mode. Not in Drvie.
On my '11 XFR, they work in both modes, only in D they revert back to D if there is a period of time when you're not actively shifting. I wish it wouldn't do that. In S it will stay in "manual" mode however, but the shift points seem really high in auto S mode.

Back on topic, I just assumed they put the (inactive) voice button there as a placeholder for a future upgrade!

Old 10-04-2011, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by golfchick
I recently (two days ago) traded my 2011 XF Premium for a 2011 XF Supercharged. I used voicecontrol all the time and was surprised to find it didn't work on the supercharged. The salesman is looking into the issue and I found this thread while googling the issues. I didn't believe him when he said Jaguary turned it off. My thought was, if people don't like it - they don't have to use it. Leave it on for the rest of us.

My question is: Can it be activated on a car that doesn't have it activated from the manufacturer? I'll be very disappointed if that can't be done.

I agree with previous poster - you must speak clearly and wait for the beep. That's true of any of the voice control systems.
As of right now, your dealer HAS the capability to enable or disable your JaguarVoice functionality. Here is an excerpt from some service information on the subject:

Since owners have taken delivery of their vehicles, certain feature changes included in this campaign are now considered optional and may only be performed with the vehicle owner's prior approval.
Situation: To ensure 2011 model year XF vehicles are equipped with the very latest software and parts to enhance the ownership experience, a limited number of vehicles within the affected VIN range may require minor control module software updates and parts. NOTE: Each owner must be advised of the optional updates to ensure only the changes requested are carried out during the update program. The optional control module updates are:
• Voice Functionality - CCF file updated to disable function
• Front door control modules / Rear glass comfort stop - update to provide additional ventilation without excessive noise being generated
• Transmission control module (naturally aspirated only) - disable paddle shifting in 'normal' drive mode only (paddles still work in Sport mode)

So, if a prior owner has had it disabled, or it was disabled at assembly, it simply needs to be reversed.

Good luck!

Last edited by xjrguy; 10-04-2011 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:26 PM

just had my voice control reactivated. It took my dealer several days to get the instructions from Jag "Hotline" but they got it done. The SA did say I'm responsible if anything goes wrong. huh?

i mainly use it for calling people w/o having to dial from my phone.

it seems to work fine and I really prefer making calls this way. You say "phone store name" then say the #. Say "store" again and then it prompts you to say the contact name twice and finally tags the spoken name to the # you said.

Then to make a call you say "dial name" and then it prompts you to say the contact name.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Chekraze, I want to have mine re-enabled as well. I have to take my XF in to get the Dash replaced, (has a lump in it on the passengers side near windshield), when the part comes in next week. I go to the Northwest highway location for my work. Is this where you took yours? I ask because it would be good to know that they know what I'm talking about when I request the work.

Walt

Old 10-06-2011, 08:59 PM

I bought mine at Park Place which is in Plano. Check with svc mgr or SA where u usually go and if they have done one befor eyo are good. Otherwise take the trip to Park Place and they should now know what to do.
Good luck!

Old 12-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just bought a 2010 XF Premium. It has the Voicecontrol feature and it seems to work. This thread only talks about the 2011 XF, not sure if this effects my car or not. Is there more info on what this issue is all about?

Old 01-11-2013, 02:10 PM
Banned
Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Sorry to resurrect this thread but was curious about the Jaguar Voice going deaf in my 04 XJ8 VDP. This happened when I loaded the 2011-2012 Nav DVD disk. It mutes and listens and then tells me "no speech detected."

Did the update disable it?

Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 PM
Veteran Member
Received 257 Likes on 200 Posts

Originally Posted by Jag XJ8 Red
Sorry to resurrect this thread but was curious about the Jaguar Voice going deaf in my 04 XJ8 VDP. This happened when I loaded the 2011-2012 Nav DVD disk. It mutes and listens and then tells me "no speech detected."

Did the update disable it?
You may want to ask this question in the X350 group.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:59 AM

I'm an accident investigator so when I found that my switch had been deactivated I considered the issues surrounding the phone; navigation etc. As a result of the deactivation I wonder whether Jaguar are aware that they may have placed drivers in a potentially dangerous position. It seems that to use the phone etc one now has to take ones eyes from the road and press a number of buttons to make a call. This is highly undesirable and causes the driver to loose perception of road positioning. Effectively the phone is no different from a hand held device and I might suggest caution when using it in case one is prosecuted. If Jaguar were going to deactivate the button then may be they should have deactivated all its systems as well in order to promote safety.

Maybe they should look at fixing things as a matter of urgency before an accident investigator in their report makes comment about design failure being a contributory factor in a fatal RTC. Hey Ho.