XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

No start no crank dead cluster no communication

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2022, 10:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No start no crank dead cluster no communication

Happy new year from South Sudan.
I found this Jaguar that has been parked for the last two years, at a garage in juba, the issue that brought it, was the gear knob refusing to pop up, due to lack of skilled electrical knowledge they have replaced the whole harness, I have seen two lock sets, as in bcm, rear fusebox, engine ECU, rf receiver, and another gadget on the left side of the trunk, but still it hasn't started for two years, I came to juba just a few weeks ago.
I was handed another lock set yesterday and told to attempt to start, I plugged in the new lockset, but couldn't turn it on even with the new key, but when I went to the immobilizer to see if I can programme the key, it turned on the cluster just for a few seconds and went off again, I was able to see two keys and I added the new key( from lock set) to the car but still it wouldn't turn on or start, it kept displaying that it can't find the key,
This is my first Jaguar. I was able to scan everything apart from ECU and trans module. Can you help with pointers please. This car needs to run, she belongs on the road

Old 12-31-2022, 01:05 AM
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Copied from a FB group, but might be of help with getting the ignition to turn on & enable you to run immobilisation with SDD.

​​​​​​Jaguar XF remote lock/key not recognised issues.

I've been getting many requests from the group via word of mouth and I've done quite a few.

Issue one most common:

Car won't lock after battery disconnect. This is solved via immobilisation in SDD.

Issue two less common:

Key not recognised at all hence no ignition, immobilisation not possible.

This is done via cluster reprogram as it will bypass the key sequence, turns ignition itself and do the immobilisation at the end.

This will also update cluster to latest software, bonus.

Please don't throw suitcases of money on KVM module/keys and what not, I've never seen a faulty KVM module.

Old 01-05-2023, 10:01 AM
Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by John Williams
Copied from a FB group, but might be of help with getting the ignition to turn on & enable you to run immobilisation with SDD.

​​​​​​Jaguar XF remote lock/key not recognised issues.

I've been getting many requests from the group via word of mouth and I've done quite a few.

Issue one most common:

Car won't lock after battery disconnect. This is solved via immobilisation in SDD.

Issue two less common:

Key not recognised at all hence no ignition, immobilisation not possible.

This is done via cluster reprogram as it will bypass the key sequence, turns ignition itself and do the immobilisation at the end.

This will also update cluster to latest software, bonus.

Please don't throw suitcases of money on KVM module/keys and what not, I've never seen a faulty KVM module.
not long ago, I wanted to change the battery so I disconnected cables like I've done a hundred times on other cars.....lost communication. Ended up towing to Jaguar dealer and it cost me $5000 in parts and labor to restore. Just by disconnecting the battery it blew up the cluster, a fuse box, both key fobs and some other stuff. Since then I have literally paid Jag dealer to simply replace the battery if needed and I won;t let anyone else touch the car. As far as I'm concerned, the battery can NEVER be disconnected by anyone but dealer who apparently is the only one on earth who has the tools to keep it on life support while changing the battery.