XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Odometer disappeared!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odometer disappeared!

Hi! Hope you can help me on this....

I had a service on my 2009 3.0d XF S the other day - not with the main dealer but with a chap who has looked after all my cars. The car has only done 6000 miles since its last service a year ago so I thought new oil and filters by an independent wouldn't cause too much bother. He has plugged his computer into the car to reset the service message and somehow deleted the mileage, range and trip info from the screen behind the wheel.

I have read posts on here about how to reset the service indicator and have done this in an attempt to somehow reset the system and bring back the missing info but it hasn't worked.

The trip info is still accessible from the centre console and I can see the trip selector button on the indicator stalk is still working (you need to press and hold during the manual service reset procedure) but have no idea how to get back the overall mileage/range of the car on the display....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers
Peter

Old 07-21-2014, 02:02 PM
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Unless it somehow has been completely deleted, it should just be a matter of pressing the button on the turn signal stalk end until the mileage displays.

Old 07-21-2014, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by joey4420
Unless it somehow has been completely deleted, it should just be a matter of pressing the button on the turn signal stalk end until the mileage displays.
Hi Joey

That's the thing.....it has totally disappeared. Normally by pressing the button on the end of stalk you could scroll through mileage, range, trip a, trip b etc. but now there is nothing to scroll through....

Old 07-21-2014, 05:59 PM
Veteran Member
Received 628 Likes on 529 Posts

Try checking your on screen menu choices in vehicle settings

Old 01-12-2019, 03:20 PM
Default Total mileage disappeared

Originally Posted by petercat
Hi! Hope you can help me on this....

I had a service on my 2009 3.0d XF S the other day - not with the main dealer but with a chap who has looked after all my cars. The car has only done 6000 miles since its last service a year ago so I thought new oil and filters by an independent wouldn't cause too much bother. He has plugged his computer into the car to reset the service message and somehow deleted the mileage, range and trip info from the screen behind the wheel.

I have read posts on here about how to reset the service indicator and have done this in an attempt to somehow reset the system and bring back the missing info but it hasn't worked.

The trip info is still accessible from the centre console and I can see the trip selector button on the indicator stalk is still working (you need to press and hold during the manual service reset procedure) but have no idea how to get back the overall mileage/range of the car on the display....

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated?

Cheers
Peter
Hi Peter
Did you find the solution? I have the same problem in my Jaguar which I bought recently in auction.

Raghu

Old 01-12-2019, 08:49 PM
Veteran Member
Received 492 Likes on 290 Posts

Intrigued by this, I did a bit of digging. Seems like disconnecting the battery for 5 minutes is a solution that has worked for others.