XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

one week review, XF Prem, some issues

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 03:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,949 Posts

For what it's worth, my 2003 UK-registered XJ6 (X350) has a fully functioning Global Open/Close funtion. I found out by going through the Owner Manual and checking things out. Only thing is I never seem to have a need to use it !, (no sunroof on my car, which is the useful part of the Global Cose function, with our English RAIN ). I am the second owner, so presumably the first one accepted liability, but I doubt it, I think it just came from the factory with it functioning.

Old 08-02-2010, 11:39 AM
Received 57 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Montru
I want to get my Global Closing Function enabled, I called my dealership and they said they would not enable it and said it was a liability issue, I said I was prepared to take full responsibility and they just said no, will not do it.
I have a 2010 Premium and showed the service advisor how the global close "enable" button would not stay lit. They programmed it to work. Just tell them the function is not working as described in the manual so it is a defect. Note that this will not enable you to close windows using the remote. It will enable window closing from the button on the dash as well as by pressing the exterior lock buttons only.

Old 08-03-2010, 08:45 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Long Islander
I have a 2010 Premium and showed the service advisor how the global close "enable" button would not stay lit. They programmed it to work. Just tell them the function is not working as described in the manual so it is a defect. Note that this will not enable you to close windows using the remote. It will enable window closing from the button on the dash as well as by pressing the exterior lock buttons only.
Thanks for the info, when I spoke to my SA he was adament that Jaguar North America would not let ANY of their dealerships enable that function. I will give it another go when I am up that way near the dealership (it's about 50 miles away), not sure what you mean by the "exterior lock buttons".

Old 08-03-2010, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member
Received 281 Likes on 260 Posts

Mine works from the remote or from the two dashboard buttons: the "lock" and the "unlock". US drivers insist upon a central locking "lock" button (or "panic") to allow all locks to be locked with the press of one button. Safety demands you be able to unlock with one touch also. My wife charmingly refers to the "unlock" button as the elephant button as it looks vaguely like and elephant with his trunk curled up like a circus elephant.

Old 08-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

The other issue we have is the iPod will not stay charged while plugged into the car.

Apart from that, we love it, for my wife to love it is something, she and her family have been BMW nuts for years, I used to have an S-type 2-3 years back and she hated it, and she got me to try a BMW, I had that for 2 years then finally got the car I wanted.
The problem withnthe iPod not charging may not be the car but the iPod. My iPad doesn't charge when plugged into my pc and only charges when plugged into wall. Apple states that newer iPods and iPads will not charge when plugged into certain items. Maybe that is the issue that you iPod is a newer one?