XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

P007B - Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2017, 07:47 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default P007B - Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor

I read a P007B code which came on today but I'm not sure where the sensor is located. Anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:05 PM
Received 317 Likes on 243 Posts

When you read the codes - did it give the 2 numbers at the end? These 3 codes pretty much say the same thing for what to check. For other codes, you'll need to record the entire code - sometimes it can point you in a different direct.

P007B-23Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1) - Signal stuck low
  • The engine control module measures a signal that remains low when transitions are expected
  • Battery disconnection resulting in errors in engine off time (short soaks may look like long soaks)
  • Electric block heater applied and not detected
  • Charge air temperature sensor circuit, short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
  • Connector is disconnected, connector pin is backed out, connector pin corrosion
  • Charge air temperature sensor failure
  • Leave vehicle turned off for a minimum of 8 hours and allow to soak to a stable temperature. Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment check datalogger signals - Ambient Air Temperature - (0xF446) - Engine Coolant Temperature (0xF405) - Boost Air Temperature - Raw physical value (0x0341) - Intake Air Temperature (0xF40F) - Engine Coolant Temperature #2 (0x0489). All sensors should be within 20 degºC of each other
  • Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check the charge air temperature sensor circuit for short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
  • Inspect connectors for signs of water ingress, and pins for damage and/or corrosion
  • Check and install a new charge air temperature sensor as required
  • Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment clear all stored DTCs using the ‘Diagnosis Menu’ tab and retest
P007B-24Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1) - Signal stuck high
  • Battery disconnection resulting in errors in engine off time (short soaks may look like long soaks)
  • Fuse failure
  • Charge air temperature sensor circuit, short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
  • Connector is disconnected, connector pin is backed out, connector pin corrosion
  • Air charge coolant pump and control circuit, short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
  • Air charge coolant pump relay failure
  • Air charge coolant pump failure
  • Leave vehicle turned off for a minimum of 8 hours and allow to soak to a stable temperature. Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment check datalogger signals - Ambient Air Temperature - (0xF446) - Engine Coolant Temperature (0xF405) - Boost Air Temperature - Raw physical value (0x0341) - Intake Air Temperature (0xF40F) - Engine Coolant Temperature #2 (0x0489). All sensors should be within 20 degºC of each other
  • Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check for fuse failure, install a new fuse as required
  • Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check the charge air temperature sensor circuit for short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
  • Inspect connectors for signs of water ingress, and pins for damage and/or corrosion
  • Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check the air charge coolant pump and control circuit for short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
  • Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check the air charge coolant pump for open circuit, high resistance
  • Refer to the relevant section of the workshop manual and check the air charge coolant pump for correct operation. Check and install a new air charge coolant pump as required
  • Using the Jaguar Land Rover approved diagnostic equipment clear all stored DTCs using the ‘Diagnosis Menu’ tab and retest
P007B-29Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1) - Signal invalid
  • Fuse failure
  • Air charge coolant pump and control circuit, short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
  • Air charge coolant pump relay failure
  • Air charge coolant pump failure
  • Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check for fuse failure, install a new fuse as required
  • Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check the air charge coolant pump and control circuit for short circuit to ground, short circuit to power, open circuit, high resistance
  • Refer to electrical circuit diagrams and check the air charge coolant pump for open circuit, high resistance
  • Refer to the relevant section of the workshop manual and check the air charge coolant pump for correct operation. Check and install a new air charge coolant pump as required
As for the location.... Need to know what year XF, engine, etc.....

Last edited by JBzXJ40; 12-18-2017 at 09:13 PM. Reason: unable to copy and paste picture
Old 12-18-2017, 09:27 PM

See attachment - this is listed for 5.0L S/C. It's listed as MAP sensor, which the 5.0L S/C used 2 of them.

Hope this helps

Attached Thumbnails P007B - Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor-maptemp.jpg   P007B - Charge Air Cooler Temperature Sensor-maptemp1.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Bart Lenferink (12-19-2017)
Old 12-19-2017, 01:35 PM

Unfortunately, the code scanner I have doesn't show any sub-code. Also, I have the 3.0 AWD so can someone tell me where to look for the sensor? I assume bank 1 is the driver's side.

Old 12-19-2017, 02:26 PM

I found out it is on the back of the air cooler on the left side. I hope it is not horrible to get to and will take a look this evening. I figure for about $20, I'll just put a new one on to see if it fixes my issue. I have seen on other forums and vehicles that is the fix when that code is reported. There was some work done on it under warranty back in May/June that replaced the SC so not sure if something finally came loose or what. I'll report back what I find (or don't find).

Old 12-19-2017, 02:31 PM

MAPT is #13

Old 12-20-2017, 06:30 PM

Since you have the 3.0L, you should have more room in the back. I've only done them on 5.0L S/C, not a very nice job. May want to take the wiper arms and cowl trim out for better access.

Hope the new sensor fixes issue.

Old 12-20-2017, 08:42 PM

I ordered a new sensor from Rockauto so supposed to be here Saturday. I looked and I think I'll need to take the cowl off to really get back there. I've done the plugs which wasn't fun especially on the passenger side. Thanks for your help. My fuel economy dropped a couple mpg the last tank and I'm assuming is due to this sensor starting to fail and the computer defaulting to some value. I cleared the code and it hasn't returned yet after a couple days. I'm replacing anyway.

Old 01-02-2018, 09:17 PM

The sensor is a little hidden on the back of the air cooler. I have a mirror and was able to see it before starting. I did remove the strut tower brace and was able to just lift the plastic cowl out of the way and get to it without having to remove the wipers. Was a little tricky trying to put it back into the hole. Changed it and no codes so far.

Old 01-03-2018, 11:54 AM
Veteran Member
Received 2,403 Likes on 1,894 Posts

Good repair as that does NOT look easy to get to!

Old 01-15-2019, 12:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmurraywv
I ordered a new sensor from Rockauto so supposed to be here Saturday. I looked and I think I'll need to take the cowl off to really get back there. I've done the plugs which wasn't fun especially on the passenger side. Thanks for your help. My fuel economy dropped a couple mpg the last tank and I'm assuming is due to this sensor starting to fail and the computer defaulting to some value. I cleared the code and it hasn't returned yet after a couple days. I'm replacing anyway.
what was the name of the sensor you bought

Old 03-25-2024, 08:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmurraywv
The sensor is a little hidden on the back of the air cooler. I have a mirror and was able to see it before starting. I did remove the strut tower brace and was able to just lift the plastic cowl out of the way and get to it without having to remove the wipers. Was a little tricky trying to put it back into the hole. Changed it and no codes so far.
I know this may be a long shot, but any chance you have the part number for this sensor? Also, what year and model are you working on?