XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Pain & Pleasure

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2019 | 02:39 PM
|
Default Pain & Pleasure

Hi all,
I'm hoping that my problem may have a solution without going through a whole host of new parts before finding out it is a simple fix and that some of you may be able to offer a solution as you have experienced it before me.

I will start with repairs which I have made myself before moving on to the symptoms I'm experiencing now as the repairs may have a bearing.

I have replaced both EGR valves a few months ago as they failed almost at the same time. The restricted performance came on with DSC restrictions and the relevant codes
denoted the problems were EGR related. After replacing them the restricted performance and DSC went away for a time. However, a few days later just the restricted performance came on without DSC while stopping at lights, it went off after acceleration. A mechanic I met told me that it is important to clean the pipes between manifold and EGR valve. This I did and the problem disappeared. I don't know if its psychological or my imagination but when I started the engine after cleaning the engine made a noise almost like chocking but went away and all seemed okay and no more restricted performance while idling. I have also replaced both flexi pipes at the manifold with repair pieces.

Now all seemed fine until I accelerated hard through the gears and got to gear three in sports mode and restricted performance along with DSC came on. As soon as I stop and restart the engine all is fine again but as soon as I put on the gas to a fair extent the dreaded performance revisits usually just as she is about to change gear. I have done a few diagnostics and along with a few other ECM codes P0023d-22 came up. After I reset the fault codes all the codes disappear and all is okay, however, as soon as I push the pedal the same problem arises. I know this code relates to the turbo(actuator, leaking pipes or something else). This has been going on for a few weeks now as I haven't had the time to get a ramp to look underneath. I did another diagnostic today, cleared the fault codes and purposely repeated the hard acceleration until restriction and the only code coming up was a P010D which relates to the B mass airflow sensor. I am also experiencing fumes coming from the left side of the engine and I'm wondering if this may be coming from the intake pipes of the turbo.

I don't know if anyone has previous experience of this problem and can point me in the right direction?
Much appreciated if anyone can offer any hints as to where to check first.