XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Perplexed about headlight on xfr

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2018, 02:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Perplexed about headlight on xfr

I recently purchased a 2010 Jaguar xfr that did not have a working side marker light on my passenger side. So I took it to a local Indy dealer and have them replace the light. But it turns out there is no place that can connect a side marker light. I am not aware of the car being in an accident so if it was replaced why would they not replace it with Factory spec headlight system. And why would they make a headlight system without a side marker light. Input would be appreciated thanks guys.

Old 02-25-2018, 08:48 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 2,389 Posts

What country are you in?
I ask because the term "side marker light" can mean different things in different countries.
It could be what is usually in the UK called the "side light", even though it hasn't been on the side of the car for 50 years! In Oz we call that light the "parker". In the US I don't really know what it is called. Or maybe you are talking about the turn signal / indicator light?
If it is the side light/parker then it's relatively easy to replace, I did it at least a dozen times on my old XFS and XFR (both 2010), but you need to remove the entire light cluster from the car (not hard just a little fiddly) and removing and replacing the globe is also a little fiddly as it's a bit hard to get at.
If you are talking about the turn signal / indicator globe then you are out of luck, they are LED and integrated into the headlight.

Old 02-26-2018, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by OzXFR
What country are you in?
I ask because the term "side marker light" can mean different things in different countries.
It could be what is usually in the UK called the "side light", even though it hasn't been on the side of the car for 50 years! In Oz we call that light the "parker". In the US I don't really know what it is called. Or maybe you are talking about the turn signal / indicator light?
If it is the side light/parker then it's relatively easy to replace, I did it at least a dozen times on my old XFS and XFR (both 2010), but you need to remove the entire light cluster from the car (not hard just a little fiddly) and removing and replacing the globe is also a little fiddly as it's a bit hard to get at.
If you are talking about the turn signal / indicator globe then you are out of luck, they are LED and integrated into the headlight.
Yes I live in the u.s. . I taken the car to an Indy shop and also a Jaguar dealer and when they remove the headlight assembly there is no place to hook up the side light. Quite an odd dilemma I'm in. I just thought it was a burnt out light.

Old 02-26-2018, 03:22 PM
Veteran Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 2,389 Posts

I still have no idea what light you are talking about!
Maybe a photo with an arrow pointing to where the light and/or globe should be would help?

Old 02-26-2018, 09:12 PM

Changing the lightbulbs on my Jaguar XFR was a PAIN IN THE ****!!!

It was much more complicated than any other car I have ever worked on (probably two dozen in total). Can be a tricky thing but it is definitely doable!