XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Please Dock Device -------

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 03:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Dock Device -------

I get this message at seemingly random intervals, only when starting up the car and turning on the audio (I usually turn off the audio and climate control before turning off the car). This has been happening more frequently as of late. Very annoying. I have to turn off the audio, make sure the drive isn't being accessed, remove, turn on audio which prompts the message again, and re-attach.

I have a 16Gb Sandisk Cruzer micro in the USB port with most of my music. Best audio quality of the 3 inputs. Under normal operation, sounds great, when I turn off the audio or the car completely and come back it remembers which song I was on and continues from there. Proper random mix. Basically works beautifully 90% of the time.

This sounds like the very annoying XM presets disappearing on models equipped with XM. Could they be related? Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Old 02-11-2010, 07:51 AM
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Hmmm, I have XM and hae never lost my presets.

I have, however, encountered what seems to be a known issue with some bluetooth devices, that being the XF sometimes fails to properly disconnect when you shut off the car, resulting in battery drain, enough to completely kill the car after about 2 days. I was told by Jaguar there isn't yet a fix for this issue.

Old 06-11-2010, 08:00 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by peniole
I get this message at seemingly random intervals, only when starting up the car and turning on the audio (I usually turn off the audio and climate control before turning off the car). This has been happening more frequently as of late. Very annoying. I have to turn off the audio, make sure the drive isn't being accessed, remove, turn on audio which prompts the message again, and re-attach.

I have a 16Gb Sandisk Cruzer micro in the USB port with most of my music. Best audio quality of the 3 inputs. Under normal operation, sounds great, when I turn off the audio or the car completely and come back it remembers which song I was on and continues from there. Proper random mix. Basically works beautifully 90% of the time.

This sounds like the very annoying XM presets disappearing on models equipped with XM. Could they be related? Any insight greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
This is also happening to me, I have a cruzer 32GB stick. This happening more frequent now that it's hot outside (maybe related?). Mine has only about 15GB or music on it and I'm in the process of reformatting it and reloading the music back on. I did add a few albums the other day to the stick, maybe the Jag system catalogs the stick and when you make a change it may freak it out. I had a 09 Acura TL that had a USB port also and it was very picky on how the music was copied to the stick.

I wish it played .flac files

Old 06-12-2010, 08:15 AM

This would happen to me in an XK when attaching a iPod in cold weather...

Old 06-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Received 71 Likes on 58 Posts

It happens to me from time to time . . .I usually disconnect my USB flash drive and reconnect it . . .That usually works.

Old 07-02-2010, 03:25 AM

I found out the reason behind this, it's not limited to jaguar. It's the DAMN!!!! USB. Some USBs can handle the brown out during start up and some can't. The cruzer CAN'T! Although the new Sandisk Blade can, hope that helps with this rather annoying issue.

Old 07-17-2010, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by peniole
I found out the reason behind this, it's not limited to jaguar. It's the DAMN!!!! USB. Some USBs can handle the brown out during start up and some can't. The cruzer CAN'T! Although the new Sandisk Blade can, hope that helps with this rather annoying issue.
I can confirm this, I bought a Corsair Flash Voyager 32GB and have not had the problem since.

Old 02-19-2014, 05:23 PM
Received 180 Likes on 122 Posts

I'm having the same issue with my SanDisk Cruzer Fit CZ33 32GB USB Flash Drive (SDCZ33-032G-B35). The car frequently tells me to dock the device, even when it never left the USB, and when it finally does recognize it, it always restarts from the first track in the first folder. I usually have to remove it from the USB several times to get it work properly. Other times, it fires right up (but always on the first track in the first folder). Extremely frustrating.

Old 02-27-2014, 01:43 PM
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I bought a 16GB Gorilla Drive from Walmart and it works beautifully. No docking issues with that one.

Old 03-04-2014, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by neogod
I bought a 16GB Gorilla Drive from Walmart and it works beautifully. No docking issues with that one.
Thanks for the tip! I've been fighting mine for two months with no luck. Took to Jaguar dealer yesterday and they said USB port tested fine. So stopped by Walmart and purchased a couple of Gorilla drives and so far are working great!

Old 03-05-2014, 01:05 PM
Veteran Member
Received 802 Likes on 670 Posts

Is there a size limit on the USB in the XF?

I have a 2005 STR and had odd USB problems until I found out Jaguar only recommended using 4GB USB sticks in those cars.

Old 03-05-2014, 04:00 PM
Veteran Member
Received 257 Likes on 200 Posts

I'm using the Cruser Micro drives with no problems. (2012 XF)

Old 03-06-2014, 02:22 AM

thanks for all the information guys