XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2021, 03:29 AM
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez

It's probably the reason, why hunnenkoeing FO cables are not doing anything as he describes since he doesn't have amp. He probably doesn't even need the blue box.
Yes, I have the base system and actually the blue box does nothing for me. If I had a third loop, that would be enough for me.

Old 02-08-2021, 03:34 AM
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunnenkoenig
Yes, I have the base system and actually the blue box does nothing for me. If I had a third loop, that would be enough for me.
Is your CD player still in the loop?
I assume it still plays as have seen it working in your video
Great job Attila, thanks for all your hard work.

Old 02-08-2021, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by John Williams
Is your CD player still in the loop?
I assume it still plays as have seen it working in your video
Great job Attila, thanks for all your hard work.
I assume the CD player won't work, because it has no power source at all. I can control media source and volume from the CD player's panel, but the panel is attached with its own cable and power source. The Player behind it has no cables now.

I think about making the effort and splitting all the cables instead of simply plugging them into the head unit, so all cables can stay in the CD player AND in the head unit, so I can control everything from the panel AND from the unit.

AC for example can not be controlled after you installed the head unit.

On another note, does anybody know the factory settings' PIN code?
I asked the seller, but he doesn't know either and he said, he ahs to wait for the engineer who will come back after the holydays.

The Joying pin codes don'T work, although the System seems to be the same like in the Joying head units.

Last edited by Hunnenkoenig; 02-08-2021 at 06:46 AM.
Old 02-08-2021, 06:58 AM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Agree not beeing able to use the hard buttons is not a good thing, hope you manage to get them working.

Old 02-08-2021, 08:34 AM
Veteran Member
Received 4,266 Likes on 2,384 Posts

On another note, does anybody know the factory settings' PIN code?
I asked the seller, but he doesn't know either and he said, he ahs to wait for the engineer who will come back after the holydays.

The Joying pin codes don'T work, although the System seems to be the same like in the Joying head units.
mine is 3368

Old 02-08-2021, 08:46 AM
Veteran Member

I assume the CD player won't work, because it has no power source at all. I can control media source and volume from the CD player's panel, but the panel is attached with its own cable and power source. The Player behind it has no cables now.

I think about making the effort and splitting all the cables instead of simply plugging them into the head unit, so all cables can stay in the CD player AND in the head unit, so I can control everything from the panel AND from the unit.

AC for example can not be controlled after you installed the head unit.
Then something is wrong. These units are designed to replace the OEM. A/C is a most basic function. I don't know where you purchased it but here's an example of one -
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005...archweb201603_

Note that they specifically say you can operate A/C. I suspect as you do, you need the code. Under the system sub menus on my car, there were different Jaguar models. I selected them and the climate controls changed and some options disappeared altogether. I reselected the XK and everything went back to normal.

Last edited by Sean W; 02-08-2021 at 08:55 AM.
Old 02-08-2021, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Sean W
Then something is wrong.
You misunderstood me. AC can not be controlled from the bottom Jaguar climate panel, because it was replaced by the head unit.
I can control the AC from the head unit digitally of course.

Good to know that I can change the car model. Thanks for that very important info!

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (02-08-2021)
Old 02-09-2021, 06:00 AM
Received 96 Likes on 86 Posts

That white Fakra plug you asked about is DAB + power (probably power needed for the aerial amp at the back screen).
Did you have DAB?

Old 02-09-2021, 12:21 PM

That white Fakra plug you asked about is DAB + power (probably power needed for the aerial amp at the back screen).
Did you have DAB?
Thanks!

No I had no DAB.

Old 02-10-2021, 09:29 AM

Did you have DAB?
Actually it turns out that that white cable is the radio cable, not the brown one.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Sean W
mine is 3368
In mine it is 123456

But I didn't find an option to select the car's type.

Old 02-10-2021, 10:41 AM

In mine it is 123456

But I didn't find an option to select the car's type.
Did manage to get physical controls working?

Old 02-10-2021, 11:56 AM

Did manage to get physical controls working?
Unfortunately no.

Actually I was able to keep the physical controls, but then I got a strong feedback in the speakers with a loud whistle. I couldn't figure out why.
When I released the connection from the bottom panel, then everything was fine, so I decided not to keep them.

Although now I have an idea. Maybe I do a last experiment tomorrow.

I am messing around already 6 days or so, because of that

Other than that everything works.
I think the software has a few bugs but actually it is impressive what they created.

Old 02-11-2021, 06:24 AM

Unfortunately no.

Actually I was able to keep the physical controls, but then I got a strong feedback in the speakers with a loud whistle. I couldn't figure out why.
When I released the connection from the bottom panel, then everything was fine, so I decided not to keep them.

Although now I have an idea. Maybe I do a last experiment tomorrow.

I am messing around already 6 days or so, because of that

Other than that everything works.
I think the software has a few bugs but actually it is impressive what they created.
I also assume there's no interior lights on the physical controls. So basically that part of the car is dead.

If that's the case then I'll be considering the big Tesla screen that eliminates that part of the car, even though the trim is just horrible.

Old 02-11-2021, 08:15 AM

I also assume there's no interior lights on the physical controls. So basically that part of the car is dead.

If that's the case then I'll be considering the big Tesla screen that eliminates that part of the car, even though the trim is just horrible.
The lights work normal.

I would advice to take the Tesla style device.

Old 02-11-2021, 10:27 AM

I am going crazy!

I was messing around for 6 days or so, now it turned out that I have a setting where I can set the car model after all. I have set my car model and year and now I have physical control AND digital control over everything, even the AC functions.

You do nto need to do anything, just plug the plugs and that's it!

If these morons would create a user manual, then I wouldn't have spent a week with trying out hundreds of different variations.

The following 3 users liked this post by Hunnenkoenig:
bealzabubba (02-12-2021), Oxidizer2k (02-11-2021), Sean W (02-12-2021)
Old 02-11-2021, 01:41 PM

I am going crazy!

I was messing around for 6 days or so, now it turned out that I have a setting where I can set the car model after all. I have set my car model and year and now I have physical control AND digital control over everything, even the AC functions.

If these morons would create a user manual, then I wouldn't have spent a week with trying out hundreds of different variations.
That's just excellent information, we are wating for another great video with everything you have done so far.

Thanks for helping.

The following 2 users liked this post by Carlos Saez:
bealzabubba (02-12-2021), Hunnenkoenig (02-11-2021)
Old 02-12-2021, 09:03 AM
Veteran Member

I am going crazy!

Yes it's just a selection on one of the settings screens but I couldn't recall the specific page or I would have posted a pic (although my XK may be different). Right now it is so cold out I've disconnected my battery as is recommended on my battery tender manual with temps -4 degrees Fahrenheit. It will be another 5 days before I can plug it in. Actually the manual just recommends disconnect the charger, I disconnected the battery.

FWIW, selecting other models only changes the temperature controls at the bottom of the screen I think. When I did it on other models, the soft touch buttons changed but didn't work which one would expect.

Also, unrelated to the topic above, at least in the X150 - cooled seats don't appear to be an option.

Old 02-12-2021, 04:36 PM

Part 2 of my video with some explanations and showing the different features.

Last edited by Hunnenkoenig; 02-13-2021 at 01:28 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Hunnenkoenig:
AntF (02-13-2021), bealzabubba (02-13-2021), Cabrio Bob (03-27-2021), Sean W (02-12-2021)
Old 02-14-2021, 01:24 PM
Received 55 Likes on 47 Posts

For those who didn’t see the Facebook post, he accidentally broke the screen trying to figure out a low microphone issue. 😢

Quick Reply: Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.