XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2021, 01:00 PM
Received 26 Likes on 15 Posts

I installed Carlos' apk files, except the one which won't install. I don't recognize the slightest changes.
The one apk is definitely the car settings app, which didn't change for me at all. The same bugs.

The only thing that changed is the seat cooling buttons, which I don't use, because I have no seat cooling :-)

The following users liked this post:
Sean W (03-26-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 08:11 PM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
Would you be willing to share them?
Of course this is a community where we help each other.

I left a link in a previous post,where you can get the files.

As for the unit, it just kept draining my battery so i had to remove it and install the OEM system, although ugly works really well.

So I'll try the solution posted in the vw forum they got the same canbus as this radio, but I'm having a hard time finding the acc wire in the OEM connector, if anyone knows which one it is, I'd be grateful.

But for now I'll keep the old system, until there's a decent update available, there are just too many things that aren't working correctly.

There also this loud noise o get when i turn off the car, sound like when you tap on a microphone.

Last edited by Carlos Saez; 03-26-2021 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-26-2021, 10:19 PM
Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Tesla style touch screen

I checked with the company in China that produces the screen and of course they say you maintain all function with better gps interface because you use your phone system not the Jaguar cd, but you can still use your cd. Also you have Bluetooth interface. It sounds good, it looks good, but I must admit I haven’t had a lot of luck from products China and $1000 is a bit to take that chance on......but I do admit I’m giving it serious consideration. I don’t hate our current interface but it is arduous at best

what do you gents think?

Old 03-27-2021, 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
There also this loud noise o get when i turn off the car, sound like when you tap on a microphone.
I had that when I have put the wrong cable into the blue box.

When I have put the touchscreen cable in the blue box and the loops on the IAU and ICM cable, then I changed that when I tried to change the screen of the device and I have put the ICM in the blue box, becasue I thought, maybe I made a mistake and maybe the ICM needs to be in the blue box for the microphone to work and now I have strange noises like when something is closing inside the dash and click sounds in the trunk.

I had the feedback sounds I think, when I had the IAU in the blue box, but I am not really sure. I also had the same, when one of my speaker cables got lose and had no connection.

Old 03-27-2021, 03:38 AM

Originally Posted by jerome41441
I checked with the company in China that produces the screen and of course they say you maintain all function with better gps interface because you use your phone system not the Jaguar cd, but you can still use your cd. Also you have Bluetooth interface. It sounds good, it looks good, but I must admit I haven’t had a lot of luck from products China and $1000 is a bit to take that chance on......but I do admit I’m giving it serious consideration. I don’t hate our current interface but it is arduous at best

what do you gents think?
You can't use your CD and you don't use your phone. This is not just a screen.
The original GPS CD is a joke anyway.
It's maybe enough for people who never leave their country, but even then, getting an update every 3-5 years for €300 is actually a bad joke and a robbery.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by jerome41441

what do you gents think?
Don't believe a word these Chinese scumbags say.
All the problems i have, i had previously asked them about hundreds of times, they assured it was all working perfectly. They lie more than politicians.
As for cd player I highly doubt you will be able to use it, because in order to fit the radio you have to remove it, you might be able to use the dvd unit in the trunk, and yes 1000 is a lot for a unit that doesn't have any proper installation instructions, support, and doesn't work right. They over charge us just because of the Jaguar brand, the same style screens for toyota and other cars cost 3 times less.
I suggest you wait for some time they will drop in price and get better functionality, hopefully.

Old 03-27-2021, 08:25 AM
Received 313 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Hunnenkoenig
Part 2 of my video with some explanations and showing the different features.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ha9n0RKxRuA
I was looking at the video you made and was surprised to see the XK can be selected inside the settings menu. Do you remember which year you could select when XK was selected?
I started a thread in the X150 department. This device could be an alternative for the x150 12" tesla screen head unit.

Sean W (03-27-2021)
Old 03-27-2021, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by Cabrio Bob
I started a thread in the X150 department.
I replied there.

Cabrio Bob (03-27-2021)
Old 03-28-2021, 03:06 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,266 Likes on 2,384 Posts

Do you guys have this option in your software and if you do, do you know how it works/what it does?

I'm interested in setting up the "CLEAR" setting but I don't really understand the functionality

Old 03-28-2021, 04:39 PM

Do you guys have this option in your software and if you do, do you know how it works/what it does?
I'm interested in setting up the "CLEAR" setting but I don't really understand the functionality
This setting is for hardware buttons.
I have that setting in my other device in my second car.

My new device has no hardware buttons, so I don't need the settings even if they are there.

They are for those touch buttons on the side:

Old 03-28-2021, 04:54 PM
Veteran Member

Originally Posted by Hunnenkoenig
This setting is for hardware buttons.
I have that setting in my other device in my second car.

My new device has no hardware buttons, so I don't need the settings even if they are there.

They are for those touch buttons on the side:
OK thank you. I do see those when I swipe down from the top of my screen. Still don't know what the Clear function is though. (don't know what it clears)

Old 03-28-2021, 04:59 PM

(don't know what it clears)
It clears the previous settings.

Sean W (03-28-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 09:24 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sure "Asvegen" i shared a WhatsApp contact in previous posts, i didn't get if of aliexpress though, i got in direct contact with them.
Don't suppose you could send me the number. I think I'm going blind as I can't find your post.
Thanks again

Last edited by GGG; 04-01-2021 at 02:46 AM. Reason: Remove emojis
Old 03-31-2021, 02:54 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Sure "Asvegen" i shared a WhatsApp contact in previous posts, i didn't get if of aliexpress though, i got in direct contact with them.
Thanks for the reply. Can you send me the number or the link? Must be going blind in my old age.

Last edited by GGG; 04-01-2021 at 02:47 AM. Reason: Remove emojis
Old 03-31-2021, 10:04 AM
Veteran Member

Carlos, Hunnenkoenig, can you both confirm that the OEM microphone does or does not work? On my XK it took me awhile to get mine to work. I have iPhone and the OEM mic doesn't work if making a call through CarPlay, but it does work when I connect my phone through BT.

Carlos, I'm hoping Dennis (In his Tesla style screen thread) can help you resolve some issues. It will be interesting to see if he has heated steering on display in the controls. It's ridiculous to go to a settings page to turn it on.

I'm considering one of these for the XK for grins. My setup is fine but what the heck - worth trying maybe. I appreciate your feedback. I've watched Hunnenkoenigs videos. A demo of a phone call would be terrific.

Old 03-31-2021, 10:43 AM

Carlos, Hunnenkoenig, can you both confirm that the OEM microphone does or does not work? On my XK it took me awhile to get mine to work. I have iPhone and the OEM mic doesn't work if making a call through CarPlay, but it does work when I connect my phone through BT.

Carlos, I'm hoping Dennis (In his Tesla style screen thread) can help you resolve some issues. It will be interesting to see if he has heated steering on display in the controls. It's ridiculous to go to a settings page to turn it on.

I'm considering one of these for the XK for grins. My setup is fine but what the heck - worth trying maybe. I appreciate your feedback. I've watched Hunnenkoenigs videos. A demo of a phone call would be terrific.
Actually i don't know if its the OEM or the one attached to the unit, that's doing the job, but it's working fine i can hear clearly and whoever is calling me hears me clearly.
I have a small mic attached to the side of the radio.

I'm using Android, i read it's an iPhone related issue with android head unit.

Last edited by Carlos Saez; 03-31-2021 at 10:46 AM.
Sean W (03-31-2021)
Old 03-31-2021, 10:54 AM

​​​​​​Sure is, other units like the xk ones, has the button.

It might be a good idea to ask them for the complete software, if opensourced, we might be able to fix everything and add functions.

I'm no android expert, I'll start learning, but i do know a lot of php, so learning a new programming language is not a big deal for me.

Old 03-31-2021, 12:57 PM

My Bluetooth calling doesn't work either on iPhone nor on Android.

I wrote about it in the XK 150 topic.

I have that microphone on my device too. I didn't know until now that that's a mic, but I've got it.

If that's a mic, then WTF!?
Now I understand why I always sound like Bane from Batman talking from the cellar.

Who in his right mind would put the mic there?

Old 04-01-2021, 02:45 AM
GGG
Received 16,865 Likes on 12,186 Posts

Originally Posted by Taffyduck
Don't suppose you could send me the number😬I think I'm going blind as I can't find your post 👀😔
Thanks again👍
I found two of you posts automatically locked for moderation. The reason for this is over use of emojis.

I've removed the emojis and unlocked them this time.

Graham

Old 04-01-2021, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by taffyduck
thanks for the reply. Can you send me the number or the link? Must be going blind in my old age.
+86 156 2216 9890

Quick Reply: Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.