XF and XFR ( X250 ) 2007 - 2015

Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2021, 10:11 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by GGG
I found two of you posts automatically locked for moderation. The reason for this is over use of emojis.

I've removed the emojis and unlocked them this time.

Graham
Oops thanks for that

Old 04-01-2021, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Carlos Saez
+86 156 2216 9890
Cheers for sharing
Is there really no option in the vehicle settings to change the time? That and the front sensors are all that's holding me back

Old 04-01-2021, 10:27 AM
Received 61 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Taffyduck
Cheers for sharing
Is there really no option in the vehicle settings to change the time? That and the front sensors are all that's holding me back
It's more than that.
-Vents don't rotate when you turn off the AC.
-power button doesn't work anymore
-OEM warning messages gone.
-OEM aux and usb ports gone.
-No real optical audio it's converted from RCA,
-No heated steering wheel button , it's on permanently.
-Bugs in car info menu.

Old 04-01-2021, 10:48 AM

It's more than that.
-Vents don't rotate when you turn off the AC.
-power button doesn't work anymore
-OEM warning messages gone.
-OEM aux and usb ports gone.
-No real optical audio it's converted from RCA,
-No heated steering wheel button , it's on permanently.
-Bugs in car info menu.
I don't have a heated steering wheel, so not a problem, vents aren't that important as I never turn the AC off aux port I don't use, does the unit have a USB connection? I've got the standard 2012 audio system so I don't I'd notice much difference.
But agree there are a lot of things they need to sort out but at least it's a step up from the standard infotainment system 😬

Old 04-01-2021, 10:55 AM

I don't have a heated steering wheel, so not a problem, vents aren't that important as I never turn the AC off aux port I don't use, does the unit have a USB connection? I've got the standard 2012 audio system so I don't I'd notice much difference.
But agree there are a lot of things they need to sort out but at least it's a step up from the standard infotainment system 😬
Sure just hope a future update addresses these things, but for now i stuck back my old system as, i had battery drain.

Don't know if it's normal to loose 0.075 volts per day...

Old 04-01-2021, 12:01 PM

Sure just hope a future update addresses these things, but for now i stuck back my old system as, i had battery drain.

Yeh hope they get it sorted out soon 😕

Old 04-04-2021, 10:03 AM

Carlos what model year have you got? I see Hunnenkoenig has a 2009 pre face-lift model. My XF is the first generation 2012 face-lift model. Or does it not make a difference?

Old 04-04-2021, 10:22 AM

Carlos what model year have you got? I see Hunnenkoenig has a 2009 pre face-lift model. My XF is the first generation 2012 face-lift model. Or does it not make a difference?
Mine is 2010 xfr, the canbus will work on pre and facelifted models, you have to select it in the factory settings menu, apparently the facelifted canbus model has less issues, when i select 2013 on my car, the ac vents works correctly, but the hard buttons stops working.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:46 AM

Mine is 2010 xfr, the canbus will work on pre and facelifted models, you have to select it in the factory settings menu, apparently the facelifted canbus model has less issues, when i select 2013 on my car, the ac vents works correctly, but the hard buttons stops working.
Why is nothing ever simple 😔I've contacted the seller and looking forward to the tales he'll be telling me 👍

Old 04-04-2021, 10:57 AM

Why is nothing ever simple 😔I've contacted the seller and looking forward to the tales he'll be telling me 👍
Don't believe a word they say, this forum is the best place.
They assured me many times, most of the things I'm having problems with, were working perfectly.

Old 04-04-2021, 10:58 AM

Don't believe a word they say, this forum is the best place.
They assured me many times, most of the things I'm having problems with, were working perfectly.
That's what I'm expecting :/

Old 04-04-2021, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installation video

Hi guys, yesterday a Tesla style head unit was released, it comes with new trim in black color only for now.

All the hard buttons and controls, has to be removed.

And then there's this other unit.

I really like the looks of the hard buttons, but a big tesla screen would just be great, I'm not a fan of the black trim, not matching the original trim. Here's the link to the seller.

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrxONWN

What's your opinion?

Check this out. The guy supplies a link to a different seller not on Alibaba. I've spoke with the seller and he's told me the unit has 4g and wifi radios and accepts sim card. So technically you can get a cheap data plan and use the unit independently of your mobile. It also has its own gps radio.

I'm ordering one for my X250 facelift. Apparently, this unit works with the Bowers & Wilkins 1200 watt factory sound system. These Tesla units come with a replacement bar for the wood trim section that goes towards the glove compartment in grey. I plan on wrapping that in a wood trim that matches the rest of the interior. My only problem is finding a grey textured wrap that matches the rest of the stock interior. I know you can get the unit in flat grey, but that wouldn't match the air vents. Anyone know where I could get this?

Old 04-04-2021, 06:01 PM
Veteran Member
Received 4,266 Likes on 2,384 Posts

Originally Posted by Mel_man
https://youtu.be/1tcaDHW4D4w

Check this out. The guy supplies a link to a different seller not on Alibaba. I've spoke with the seller and he's told me the unit has 4g and wifi radios and accepts sim card. So technically you can get a cheap data plan and use the unit independently of your mobile. It also has its own gps radio.

I'm ordering one for my X250 facelift. Apparently, this unit works with the Bowers & Wilkins 1200 watt factory sound system. These Tesla units come with a replacement bar for the wood trim section that goes towards the glove compartment in grey. I plan on wrapping that in a wood trim that matches the rest of the interior. My only problem is finding a grey textured wrap that matches the rest of the stock interior. I know you can get the unit in flat grey, but that wouldn't match the air vents. Anyone know where I could get this?
yes he's on this site and has 2 videos posted

https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x...-video-244745/

Old 04-05-2021, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Mel_man
https://youtu.be/1tcaDHW4D4w

Yep we have seen that, but the bugs are still there.

Same problems as the small unit.

No matter where you order it, it's the same, 99% of them are resellers, i have tracked down the real factory but they do not reply.

I believe that the only way to get the issues sorted is that, the more people get in contact with the sellers and hold back on buying, pointing to this forum so they know we are aware of the problems. Maybe they will understand they could be selling hundreds of unit's if they fix stuff.

They know perfectly well the problems these units have, they will assure you it's working fine. Don't believe a word, they lie more than politicians.

Old 04-19-2021, 12:10 PM

So after installing the unit in my MY2012 XF, there's been a few problems which I've stated in the Telsa Screen forum, although mine is a 7" and they are:

1. Even though I had one with a new type of bracket it didn't fit. The Top was to far forward and the bottom a bit to far back. So I took out the top bracket, flattened it, drilled two holes and refitted it with two screws that were already on the top. (Pic)
2. The AC screen doesn't work 100% if I select the 2013 can bus setting, then all the bottom buttons on the car panel work, but not all on the screen. (Vid)
3. The 4G dongle doesn't seem to be working. The Sim card is recognised as being in the slot but there is no reception.
4. The most annoying part. The can bus decoder has turned my dash display to Chinese if put the original head unit in it goes back to English but as soon as I connect the can bus decoder, even without the new unit being plugged in it goes to Chinese (vid) I have the same decoder as Denis for his Telsa unit but I noticed that Honenkoenig has a different one (Pic)

I've contacted the seller and Carlos' contact at the factory and am waiting for a solution. Watch this space

Attached Thumbnails Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.-canbus.jpg   Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.-honenkoenig.jpg   Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.-sim.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
Sean W (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 12:31 PM

Well those aren't good news, facelift is also suffering from the same issues and more, unfortunately the seller isn't replying anymore, so it's important to get all this info out so they stop selling, maybe then they will consider an update.

Have you tested the parking sensors while parking forward?

That chinese in the cluster is terrible, totally unacceptable.
I'm sorry you have experienced the same things as me i had high hopes for this.

The only advice i can give anyone who is considering this, is just don't buy it it's a waste of time and money.

Unfortunately Dennis videos aren't of any help he's been focusing on showing standard android stuff that any android unit do.

Last edited by Carlos Saez; 04-19-2021 at 12:39 PM.
Old 04-19-2021, 12:58 PM

Yeh it's a shame about these problems and they won't sell many without the issues being resolved. There's no doubt a big enough market for the units but they have to get their act together in order to make it work.
I'll let you know what happens if anything 😬

Old 04-19-2021, 01:59 PM
Veteran Member

Taffyduck, just for grins can you do a quick video selecting the XK? I don't think anything will change for you but I'd like to see the climate screen if you have time please.

The following users liked this post:
Cabrio Bob (04-19-2021)
Old 04-19-2021, 02:09 PM
Received 313 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by Sean W
Taffyduck, just for grins can you do a quick video selecting the XK? I don't think anything will change for you but I'd like to see the climate screen if you have time please.
+1 !

Old 04-19-2021, 02:13 PM
Veteran Member

Unfortunately Dennis videos aren't of any help he's been focusing on showing standard android stuff that any android unit do.
Well not yet but give him time. I thought the install video (video 2?) was interesting but he's trying to demonstrate functionality as a whole, to benefit everyone. To date, I haven't seen any issues with the larger screen display in the video's from him as you guys are having. His climate functions appear to be working.
He said he would help you guys with the bugs and I think he said he can program android, so I'm optimistic.

I know on mine (XK large screen) the only thing I want to change is temperature to Fahrenheit. I changed the setting but nothing happens. Another gent on my forum has a newer model and he successfully changed it but has other bugs he's working through. Dennis offered to help me with that so I'll wait and keep my fingers crossed. I'm sure the XF bugs will be his priority.

I'm watching this thread with interest as I may want to put the smaller screen in my XK - once the bugs are worked out, I might pull the trigger.

Quick Reply: Prefacelift stereo upgrade available, Tesla style.